rubiX Blurry Bread

SeanRinVA

Reaction score
Guys...

I'm having a problem with GMail and YouTube - I install either one, and each will constantly FC. Any ideas?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

mikey4226

Reaction score
I'm having issues installing blurry bread on my phone. Every time I flash it, it says it installed ok, but when I reboot, I get stuck at the red m logo and battery pulls don't solve the problem. I end up having to sbf back to 2.2 and go through the process of getting GB back pb my phone so I can restore my backup. Any ideas?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OnMy2ndGP

Reaction score
Guys...

I'm having a problem with GMail and YouTube - I install either one, and each will constantly FC. Any ideas?

The old question, did you wipe data? First time I installed that happened to me with gmail. I wiped data, reinstalled and no problems since.

DX Rooted Deodexed GB w/ Ginercomb via DF app

mcp770

Reaction score
Guys...

Yea, I uninstalled gmail and google search. Reinstalled both and was fine after.

mikey4226

Reaction score
I'm having issues installing blurry bread on my phone. Every time I flash it, it says it installed ok, but when I reboot, I get stuck at the red m logo and battery pulls don't solve the problem. I end up having to sbf back to 2.2 and go through the process of getting GB back pb my phone so I can restore my backup. Any ideas?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

I finally got it to work! I redownloaded the file on my PC and transferred it over to my phone. That might have been the trick, or it was because I also cleared davlik cache 3x, on top of wiping data and cache 3x. Either way, it's up and running dancedroid

One issue I seem to be having is Vignette seems to cause the phone to reboot if I try to take a picture. Is there any fix for this or am I forced to use the blur camera app?

Also, does anyone know how to get the conservative governor? I miss that option from Rubix Focused.

Last edited:

jdhas

Reaction score
Also, does anyone know how to get the conservative governor? I miss that option from Rubix Focused.

Jrummy's Droid Overclock app will install the conservative and interactive governors for you.

SeanRinVA

Reaction score
The old question, did you wipe data? First time I installed that happened to me with gmail. I wiped data, reinstalled and no problems since.

DX Rooted Deodexed GB w/ Ginercomb via DF app

facepalm! I might not have...try #8billion...

SeanRinVA

Reaction score
facepalm! I might not have...try #8billion...

Ok...I can now say that I have. When I look at the crash report for either GMail or Youtube, the problem lies in

android.database.sqlite.SQLiteDatabase - unable to open database file

Cleared data on both apps, rebooted and still seeing this crash.

I'm just going to SBF back (tried to restore my Pre-BlurryBread backup of Deodexed GB - total FAIL - FC's everywhere - even w/ 3 data/cache wipes) and go back up the chain to Deodexed GB.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C

Jrummy's Droid Overclock app will install the conservative and interactive governors for you.

Any idea what the interactive setting does? I know the others, just not this one!

xraytedjim

Reaction score
One issue I seem to be having is Vignette seems to cause the phone to reboot if I try to take a picture. Is there any fix for this or am I forced to use the blur camera app?.

That has nothing to do with Rubix or GB. It was a problem with Vignette on the new GB leak. They just updated the app which fixes this problem. Download the newest release and you'll be good to go.

Chloenaiter

Reaction score

Any idea what the interactive setting does? I know the others, just not this one!

Interactive is basically the opposite of conservative, instead of scaling down as often as possible it scales up so better performance but less battery life

9wire

Reaction score
Installed last night over deodexed GB, using Quick Clock @ 1325. My first Rubix.