[ROM] rubiX Blurry 0.1 D3 Edition

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
[head]DISCLAIMER[/head]
I, nor any of the contributors/kang victims are responsible for anything you do to your phone. Downloading this rom, you understand the potential brick, etc. that may happen to your device. PLEASE do not download and flash this rom if you are not sure on how to recover it from a potential brick.

At the moment, this is a mostly stock, blur rom, that is highly modified for speed, stability, and better battery life.

Those of you who know the rubiX roms, know that for the DX, there was both a Focused (non-blur) and Blurry (blur) version. Gingerblur created quite a few headaches, and since this is my first gingerblur rom, it's going to be a while until focused comes.

This is just the initial teaser release, there is still more work and debloating to be done, as well as the normal scripts from the rubiX series (IE swap out blur parts for AOSP and vice versa)

There is an ice cream sandwich theme being worked on for this rom (and eventually Focused). The next update will include this (hopefully)

Change Log:
0.1 (Initial Teaser Release):
Based off .890 deodexed build
Build.prop edits for performance/battery life
Full init.d support
VM tweaked
sysctl.conf adjustments for better performance/battery life
Custom rubiX boot animation (Thanks to WJDDesigns!)
1% battery increments (thanks to pedwards3x)
Notification widgets (thanks to jewremy)
Market apps removed (to rid redundancies)
App widget picker included (thanks boombuler) (but does nothing unless you're using a different launcher)

[head]Instructions[/head]
Download the rom here: rubiXBlurry.zip
Place on either your internal or external sdcard
Reboot to recovery (I recommend using hashcode's modified bootstrap recovery, for use with BP Tools) (This is NOT safestrap compatible)
Backup your current rom
Do NOT wipe data/cache. At this point, wiping data will brick. Flash this over the deodexed, 890 rom.
Select "install zip from sdcard"
Select "choose zip from sdcard"
Navigate to where you copied rubiXBlurry.zip
Choose "yes" to install
Reboot
Enjoy
smile.png

If you like my work, consider buying me a red bull or a beer!
https://www.paypal.c...d=XBN22RQ44Y5D2

Last edited:
OP
D

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Reserved for me...

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
As soon as I pony up and flash bootstrap, ima try this out. Thanks!

dtdlurch

Reaction score
Good to see you joining the D3 community, Drod! Missed having Rubix on my phone. Will be following this closely....

Riley

Reaction score
So if I read it right, if we are on Liberty we should wipe for sure? Thanks.

OP
D

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
So if I read it right, if we are on Liberty we should wipe for sure? Thanks.

If you're on liberty, you must flash the 5.6.890 deodexed rom first. There's currently an issue with wiping data causing bootloops, but I'm looking into it.

phantomberry

Reaction score
Good to see rubix back,good job sir.:icon_ banana:Loaded and using as i type seems very stable,fast,smooth

Riley

Reaction score
Running it for the first time today. Seems a tad zippier than stock blur. I like the notification drop down power controls. Everything workin good. :)

Jphatcher84

Reaction score
Been running since last night I love it rubix is the only rom I would run on my DX, nice and snappy and so far battery life is much much better than liberty. Looking forward to focused. Keep up the good work.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

OP
D

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Should be updating soon, been swamped this past week. Got it debloated, haven't tested out data wipe yet, hopefully have that fixed, though.

MrSinister1

Reaction score
so if i'm on the stock moto ROM rooted I'm fine to just flash over that without wiping or do I need something else. If so can someone post a link if possible because I did a google search and couldn't find what I was looking for, thanks in advance.

Wishbone

Reaction score
Flashed this over a stock bloated .890 rom. All I got were force closes. Couldn't run anything. Even tried rebooting. Would the stock .890 be odexed and not deodexted?

If the stock sbf should be fine to flash over I will try to sideload clockwork recovery to try to fix permissions. But I didn't have that on my sd card to install when I flashed this rom and couldn't go without my phone for much longer.

Hopefully the newest release will be able to flash over any rom with just a clean wipe and factory reset.

Riley

Reaction score
Should be updating soon, been swamped this past week. Got it debloated, haven't tested out data wipe yet, hopefully have that fixed, though.

Sweet! I had no issues flashing without a wipe over a deodexed stock setup. Look forward to an update as its been running flawless for me so far. :icon_ lala:

MrSinister1

Reaction score
Flashed this over a stock bloated .890 rom. All I got were force closes. Couldn't run anything. Even tried rebooting. Would the stock .890 be odexed and not deodexted?

If the stock sbf should be fine to flash over I will try to sideload clockwork recovery to try to fix permissions. But I didn't have that on my sd card to install when I flashed this rom and couldn't go without my phone for much longer.

Hopefully the newest release will be able to flash over any rom with just a clean wipe and factory reset.

wishbone I found the file needed, first go here [ROM] Droid 3 Deodexed - RootzWiki and flash this D3_890_Deodexed_Stock - Minus.com then just follow drod's instructions from OP and you should be fine, just be sure to MAKE BACKUPS!!! just in case anything go's wrong and you'll be fine. I'm so glad to have drod and other devs on the D3 to give me some fun and enjoyment until the G.nexus comes out