Rubix Blurry 2.0

DroiX

Reaction score
I see that Rubix Blurry 2.0 has been released:

rubiX Blurry 2.0: So fast, it blurs by - Rubik - AllDroid Public Board - rubiX Blurry 2.0: So fast, it blurs by - Rubik - AllDroid Public Board - AllDroid.org > Home

I want to flash this, but I have some questions first.

Will stock themes or Rubix 1.8 themes work on Rubix 2.0?

Will the phone take a battery hit by setting the governor to interactive?

Also, does this change overclocking? Should we not overclock if we change these settings? Do they overwrite one another, or are they meant to be used in tandem?

Does 2.0 have Quick Clock included like 1.8?

If I do flash it, will this:
Download: DROID X Dark Themed Blur Widgets by Bgill55 - Android Apps List - Tech News

work?

Right now, I'm on Apex 1.4.1 and I use this:

imoseyon: I Got a ZIP (imoseyon mods)

Can I use this with Rubix Blurry 2.0 as well? Or is this not to be used since Drod has added all the new governors?

I'll probably flash this rom anyway, but I wanted to see if anybody could answer these questions first.

Great work, and thanks for the release Drod! Looking forward to running this as my main rom!

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I see that Rubix Blurry 2.0 has been released:

rubiX Blurry 2.0: So fast, it blurs by - Rubik - AllDroid Public Board - rubiX Blurry 2.0: So fast, it blurs by - Rubik - AllDroid Public Board - AllDroid.org > Home

I want to flash this, but I have some questions first.

Will stock themes or Rubix 1.8 themes work on Rubix 2.0?

Will the phone take a battery hit by setting the governor to interactive?

Also, does this change overclocking? Should we not overclock if we change these settings? Do they overwrite one another, or are they meant to be used in tandem?

Does 2.0 have Quick Clock included like 1.8?

If I do flash it, will this:
Download: DROID X Dark Themed Blur Widgets by Bgill55 - Android Apps List - Tech News

work?

Right now, I'm on Apex 1.4.1 and I use this:

imoseyon: I Got a ZIP (imoseyon mods)

Can I use this with Rubix Blurry 2.0 as well? Or is this not to be used since Drod has added all the new governors?

I'll probably flash this rom anyway, but I wanted to see if anybody could answer these questions first.

Great work, and thanks for the release Drod! Looking forward to running this as my main rom!

Lot of questions ;)

Let me start from the bottom, and work my way up.
You can use imoseyon's mods, but I have further mods than Marius does, so it'd be best to leave it as I released.

I think the dark blur widgets by bgill are from the older, 2.3.15 froyo OTA.

All themes that worked on 1.8, will work on 2.0.

2.0 Does include QuickClock. 2.0 is 1.8 with newer and improved tweaks, and the new governors.

The new governors DO NOT affect overclocking. Overclock your little heart out ;)

The new governors handle the way the CPU scales the clock speeds. OnDemand (the stock DX governor) scales speed up based on a sampling rate, up threshold, and the users use.

Interactive ONLY uses the users use, providing a speed boost. This can yield either battery decrease, or increase, depending on said use (e.g. if you sit on your phone and web browse for an hour straight, the cpu wouldn't scale down as often as ondemand)

Conservative scales DOWN more often than ondemand and interactive. It uses both sampling rate, up threshold, and also includes a down threshold. This would yield the best battery life of the three.

Hope my novel answers your questions dancedroid

OP
D

DroiX

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Drod! Flashing now!

Rocko

Reaction score
How can I get the stock keyboard back?

OP
D

DroiX

Reaction score
How can I get the stock keyboard back?

A stock Moto keyboard in black would be awesome...and a black notification bar!

This is a truly awesome ROM, it's the best I've tried yet, but there don't seem to be any themes for it that are near complete. The text seems to be messed up on most of them.

Just might have to learn to theme myself...

ajbattaglia83

Reaction score
1865aacd-6fb0-535d.jpg

Rubix Blurry 2.0 w/ honeycomb theme for Apex looks great runs great

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

jgmarz

Reaction score
Dumb question

Sorry for the dumb question but how do you use the preset OC governers settings? I cant see how to set them.

rhambus

Reaction score
drod,

Great work with Rubix blurry 2.0. It is so much faster than stock - I was so infuriated that my super fast Droid X seemed laggy, and I do like the blur applications, or rather, I am used to the "look" of them on my DX. The one problem I am having is that the backlight is staying on frequently. I don't know what is triggering it - I think a text message did last evening, and then this morning it was all lit up and sitting on the charger - and it's not good for my battery life. Is there a quick fix for this? I googled around about this and various people said that a lot of ROMs have backlight issues but I haven't seen a fix for it. Can you help?

ajbattaglia83

Reaction score
Sorry for the dumb question but how do you use the preset OC governers settings? I cant see how to set them.

I believe I read a tweet from drod that he is working on a patch to fix the script but jrummy has updated his Droid overclock app and I was able to get it working through his app in the settings menu I did have to change my set scaling frequencies first

sfacimma

Reaction score
Focused to Blurry

Curious...

Looking to go from Focused 2.0 to Blurry 2.0 to check out which I like better. Do I need to perform a wipe prior to, or should I be ok without?

Thanks.

ajbattaglia83

Reaction score
Wipe is definitely recommended framework is different