[ROM] rubiX Blurry 0.1 D3 Edition

Prsterero

Reaction score
i got the rom to work. for other people who may have already tested, hows the battery life of this rom for the droid 3? and did you re calibrate the battery once you installed the rom?

Wishbone

Reaction score
Finally flashed the stock deodexed rom, with no wipe coming off of sd 3.0. Flashed rubix over that with no problems. So far the rom is pretty good. Also its nice and stable. But its only been on my phone since last night. I hope I can get good battery life.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

anthony_rada

Reaction score
Does anybody have screenshots of this rom?

Dad23Boys77

Reaction score
wow I used the same method and had no issues with FC, did you guys wipe data or anything or uninstall something and maybe we can narrow it down to something??

MrSinister1, no, for me at least. I didnt wipe data or anything. The only thing I can possibly think of that might be causing the problem would be from an SBF that I had to do on my D3. I had flashed a rom and didn't really like it but neglected to create a nandroid before flashing the rom. So I used the the following guide on the xda developers forums to get me back to stock, or at least thats what I thought I was doing?!? [Recovery] RSD v5.5.0 and 5.5.184 (aka 5.6.890) fastboot partitions/flashable zip - xda-developers

I used the RSDLite 5.5.0 option. I also tried to use the wireless tethering guide on xda as well: [GUIDE]TBH inspired Free wireless tethering hack instructions for Droid 3 - xda-developers but was unsuccessful doing that as well. The RadioComm software it said to use never recognized my sw version.

So, I'm not sure if either one of these are causing my issues?!?

FYI, I tried to flash this using Droid 3 BootStrap to boot into Clockworkmod recovery to flash this? Any and all help that could be provided would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

MasterChris

Reaction score
First time rooting - Please help!

So basically, as I was reading this post, I went along and downloaded the Rubix zip file with the ROM.
My phone was running the most updated version of Droid 3 (890)
I flashed the Rubix ROM using BP Tools... It worked, I load up my phone and get force closes like the others.
So I find out that I have to flash the deodexed version of the original 890 ROM, and so what I do is flash back to the original 890 that I had, and then I flashed the deodexed version of the 890.
Once I flash the deodexed version, when accessing Recovery Mode, loading up BP Tools doesn't work, as it just boots up regularly into my phone..
I read online that I need to get the /system/app/ fixed, and so I fix that, but BP Tools STILL does not work.
So I cannot flash this Rubix ROM while having the Deodexed ROM running on my phone..

Can somebody please help me understand what I am doing wrong and/or help me?
Thanks in advance!

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
So basically, as I was reading this post, I went along and downloaded the Rubix zip file with the ROM.
My phone was running the most updated version of Droid 3 (890)
I flashed the Rubix ROM using BP Tools... It worked, I load up my phone and get force closes like the others.
So I find out that I have to flash the deodexed version of the original 890 ROM, and so what I do is flash back to the original 890 that I had, and then I flashed the deodexed version of the 890.
Once I flash the deodexed version, when accessing Recovery Mode, loading up BP Tools doesn't work, as it just boots up regularly into my phone..
I read online that I need to get the /system/app/ fixed, and so I fix that, but BP Tools STILL does not work.
So I cannot flash this Rubix ROM while having the Deodexed ROM running on my phone..

Can somebody please help me understand what I am doing wrong and/or help me?
Thanks in advance!

Sounds like you just need to reapply the bootstrap.

MasterChris

Reaction score

What do you mean by reapply the bootstrap? Which bootstrap? Last night after posting that, I factory reset my phone I have all my contacts and stuff back, and I'm currently reinstalling all of my necessary apps at the moment.
Should I create a backup using safestrap, and THEN flash the deodexed version and after that flash the Rubix ROM?
Because I figured out that I was using the unofficial edition and then I flashed the newer Boot mode (by ROM Manager) which I'm assuming caused a conflict and so I could not access BP Tools.
Which files can I delete on my phone that will delete any flashed boot modes so that I can reinstall them? Or did formatting my phone delete them?

MasterChris

Reaction score

I would also like to mention that I when I formatted my phone, BP Tools still did not work.
What I just did is delete the clockworkmod folder on my phone, and then I flashed ROMManager's Recovery Boot thing on there(latest version of ROM Manager '4.8.0.6'), but BP Tools STILL does not work. I really need to get BP Tools working, or else I can't Backup my ROMs or anything.. Upon selecting BP Tools OR pressing "Backup Current ROM" in ROMManager, my phone just boots up regularly rather than going to the CWM-Based Recovery..

lotzakritters

Reaction score
I would also like to mention that I when I formatted my phone, BP Tools still did not work.
What I just did is delete the clockworkmod folder on my phone, and then I flashed ROMManager's Recovery Boot thing on there(latest version of ROM Manager '4.8.0.6'), but BP Tools STILL does not work. I really need to get BP Tools working, or else I can't Backup my ROMs or anything.. Upon selecting BP Tools OR pressing "Backup Current ROM" in ROMManager, my phone just boots up regularly rather than going to the CWM-Based Recovery..

http://goo.gl/b4b6L
Try this recovery, its an older one, but should work. I only use Safestrap, myself. This rom doesn't work with safestrap. Hope this helps.
Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
http://goo.gl/b4b6L
Try this recovery, its an older one, but should work. I only use Safestrap, myself. This rom doesn't work with safestrap. Hope this helps.
Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

If that is Hashcode's Tweaked Bootstrap, it will enable BP Tools. The CWR in the market will not.

davros

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
flashed today after wipe / factory reset, wipe cache, format system. Ended up with out status bar or settings app. Tho in the install it looked for extras on sd card and aborted.

Jasonb74

Reaction score
I had to move /rubix to internal sdcard. Or vice versa. Kinda like liberty ROM /w the directory that has stuff to install.. Ie the asop/blur.
it's been awhile but you may even have to extract it from zip file. Hope this helps.

Jasonb74

Reaction score
I had error while installing. I also noticed. But after I moved directory and food another install over top no error.