[HACKS] Root Droid 1 - regardless of OS version

kcallis

Reaction score
Yes, I am running under Ubuntu 10.04 32-bit. It seemed to load fine, but I still have the same issue. I wipedd data, then loaded your update (this time making sure to allow up date). Rebooted and still running BB 0.4 with default load.
OK, you've lost me. If you're running BB why are you doing this procedure? It is to root your phone. Your phone is already rooted.

I quickly change out the update to LY 1.41 and wait for the magic.
I don't know what LY 1.41 is.

I reboot and still stuck on the default version of BB 0.4
Sounds like your "LY 1.41" package (whatever it is) didn't do whatever it is you expected it to do.

The reason that I went this route is because after the failing of the Verizon 2.2 upgrade, the SPRecover when south and I couldn't get to the SPR bootloader. LY 1.41 is frozen yoghurt ROM. I guess I will try another ROM and see if it loads or if I am doing a default of BB after I wipe. I have the feeling that I will still be at a default BB when I do the reload of a new ROM.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
If your SPRecovery went south, did you try pushing the SPRecovery SBF from the OP to your phone? I'm running a fever at the moment and can't seem to find your first post about it. Just doing the update.zip from the OP wouldn't do anything if you're already rooted...

Take pity on a poor sick man. :)

OP
MotoCache1

MotoCache1

Chief Droid Scientist
Reaction score
The reason that I went this route is because after the failing of the Verizon 2.2 upgrade, the SPRecover when south and I couldn't get to the SPR bootloader. LY 1.41 is frozen yoghurt ROM. I guess I will try another ROM and see if it loads or if I am doing a default of BB after I wipe. I have the feeling that I will still be at a default BB when I do the reload of a new ROM.
You might want to start a topic in the Rescue Squad section to get some guidance. It sounds like you've got problems unrelated to rooting with my tool.

sullyb007

Reaction score
Thanks MotoCache1, great instructions! This was my first attempt at rooting, and everything went smooth. Tomorrow I will start investigating roms. Fun stuff!

viper3773

Reaction score
i'm new to rooting.. is their any downsides of rooting with the 1 click software?

thanks.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
i'm new to rooting.. is their any downsides of rooting with the 1 click software?

thanks.
Yes, THERE ARE downsides to using one of the one-click apps. However, since you're using an LG Dare, are you sure it's running Android? If not, "rooting" may not be an option to you. If it is, you may be stuck running one or using ADB.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
moto will this work with the new frg22d official patch?

Taco

Reaction score
I really want to use this guide to root my phone, but I am a little anxious that I will lose the ability to return to stock 2.2 frg01b if I go ahead with this (incase i need to take it into the VZW store).

Is it possible to perform a nandroid backup of my stock 2.2 before installing the update.zip file?

And if so, between which steps would I do that?

Thanks A Bunch!!!

skylordusa1

Reaction score
Yes, I am running under Ubuntu 10.04 32-bit. It seemed to load fine, but I still have the same issue. I wipedd data, then loaded your update (this time making sure to allow up date). Rebooted and still running BB 0.4 with default load.
OK, you've lost me. If you're running BB why are you doing this procedure? It is to root your phone. Your phone is already rooted.

I don't know what LY 1.41 is.

I reboot and still stuck on the default version of BB 0.4
Sounds like your "LY 1.41" package (whatever it is) didn't do whatever it is you expected it to do.

Hello kcallis,

Where did you get the LY v1.41 file from? Did you get it from the attachment of this thread Click Here or did you get it from the first page of the thread? The reason I ask is the actual liquid ROM is v1.4 and the LY v1.41 is a patch to be installed after the rom v1.4 is installed. Check the size of the LY v1.41 file you are using. Is it 1.08MB? If so then that is the reason you are going back to the BB rom each time. You need to grab the actual Rom file from inside the thread. I am a noob and if you are using the right file then I apologize. Am just trying to help cause I am currently running the liquid v1.4 with v1.41 patch and I love it. And now they just came out with the liquid v1.5 so now I am going to have to try to install that hahahhahahahah. What a crazy world this rooting stuff is hahahhaah.

skylordusa1

Reaction score
I really want to use this guide to root my phone, but I am a little anxious that I will lose the ability to return to stock 2.2 frg01b if I go ahead with this (incase i need to take it into the VZW store).

Is it possible to perform a nandroid backup of my stock 2.2 before installing the update.zip file?

And if so, between which steps would I do that?

Thanks A Bunch!!!

Hello Taco,

From all that I have been reading so far I dont believe you can make a nandroid backup without having either sp recovery or clockwork recovery as your recovery program. I also read that it should not be that hard to return to 2.2 stock after you go through with this if you really wanted to. I followed this guide and am now very happy that I did. I was also curious about finding the info on how to return to 2.2 stock so I am going to look for it now. Will post it if I can find it.

skylordusa1

Reaction score
Having a little trouble finding the guide/directions/files to get my phone completely back to stock 2.2 with stock recovery. Anyone have any links/files they can provide that would help someone get back to fully stock 2.2 or 2.1. Not that I want to do this now but would be nice to have just incase.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Having a little trouble finding the guide/directions/files to get my phone completely back to stock 2.2 with stock recovery. Anyone have any links/files they can provide that would help someone get back to fully stock 2.2 or 2.1. Not that I want to do this now but would be nice to have just incase.
Install the larger update from the circus thread. It'll put stock recovery back on and give you bone-stock FRG01B.