[HACKS] Root Droid 1 - regardless of OS version

dasauto8

Reaction score
Error when trying to install MotoCache1_Complete_Root_v1.1-update.zip

When trying to install from SD card, I selected "Allow update.zip Installation" then "Install /sdcard/update.zip (deprecated)" and this is the error I receive

--Install from sdcard...
Finding update package...
E: Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 (or /dev/block/mmcblk0p1)
(No such file or directory)
E: Can't mount SDCARD:update.zip
Installation aborted.

Initially, I thought that the file did not download correctly so I deleted it and redownloaded. It is not placed in a directory on the SD card, but in the root of the SD card. I'm not sure what else to do to get it to install. Anyone have any tips?

Thanks

dehartenator

Reaction score
did you arrow down to let it allow the update first? it should be the option just before the install update one

dasauto8

Reaction score
Yes, I did.

I took out the SD card, placed it back in, tried it again and it worked! Thanks.

dehartenator

Reaction score
i got the update.zip and everything installed. went to reboot. it showed the moto sign and just stopped there. then i pushed power again it flashed the moto sign and now it wont turn back on agan but the charging light is still working

dehartenator

Reaction score
its still giving me the same problem with only turning on when it wants to. i got past the M them to the custum android screen and then it turned back off.

g_what

Reaction score
i just wanna say thanks for the super simple, super easy guide.

i just rooted my phone. i am free
:)

Edit: i also downloaded and installed Dropbox using your link as a 'thank you' (i do not really intend to use it)

Last edited:

bigrigdriver

Reaction score
Does this work on FRG22D?? I tried it but no dice so wondering if anybody has tried it on Froyo 2.2 in case I missed something.

g_what

Reaction score
Does this work on FRG22D?? I tried it but no dice so wondering if anybody has tried it on Froyo 2.2 in case I missed something.

i just did it earlier on my Droid running Froyo 2.2 (see my previous post just before yours)

just follow the steps exactly and it should work

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
@ dehartenator, try letting your battery fully charge before you try anything again. And are you sure you follwed THIS guide. Your initial problem sounds like you tried doing this using the SPRecover_ESE81.sbf file instead of the MC1 blah, blah .sbf file contained in the OP of this thread.

good luck

lauste

Reaction score
Nice instructions. Looks very through. Been lots of posts on this and I have not read through all 72 pages of them. My question is should an non-techy guy even attempt to do this? If I end up stuck and helpless, will I be able to get a replacement or does this violate any type of warrantees?

I'm bold with this stuff but tiny bit timid with this one :)

jeffe65

Reaction score
But, you'll be free...dancedroid

To answer your question, perhaps you should check out some of the other threads, such as "So you've rooted. Now What?". That will give you an idea of what you can do once you're rooted, and if that's what you really want to do. And don't forget, read and re-read everything you can - including the information after the instructions in this thread; it will tell you a LOT - and then you can decide.