[ROM] Zero Blur! Zero Lag! rubiX Focused 1.0

MoreGeeBeez

Reaction score
I noticed something pretty interesting....When I'm able to get into the battery manager it seems that my cell standby time is always twice the amount of time since the phone was last unplugged and 50% of the time is without a signal. There is absolutely no way I'm going 50% of the time without a signal (and always exactly 50%). I tried restarting the phone and I always end up with a cell standby time twice as long as the time since last plugged in.

What I did try was turning on airplane mode for a second and then turning it back off. It seems the cell standby is now functioning (or at least displaying) correctly. I'll have to test longer to see if this helps my battery life any.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Thanks!

I've had the same issue and I believe it's making my batter drain faster. I'm never in an area with a weak signal and the only thing that has changed is moving from focused .5 to 1.0.

I go to bed with my phone at 50% and wake up to 20%. The whole time data should be turned off and it still drains a ton. Before it would only go down 10%.

OP
D

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I noticed something pretty interesting....When I'm able to get into the battery manager it seems that my cell standby time is always twice the amount of time since the phone was last unplugged and 50% of the time is without a signal. There is absolutely no way I'm going 50% of the time without a signal (and always exactly 50%). I tried restarting the phone and I always end up with a cell standby time twice as long as the time since last plugged in.

What I did try was turning on airplane mode for a second and then turning it back off. It seems the cell standby is now functioning (or at least displaying) correctly. I'll have to test longer to see if this helps my battery life any.

Thanks!

Cell standby is a graphical bug. If you look at your time without signal it'll read 1% or 0%, at least for me it always does.

Reaction score
Ok,i give up. Where did my speed dial option go for contacts? Held down menu button on the dialer page and the only thing that happens is the keyboard comes up.

Sent from my DROIDX

coolj478

Reaction score

Thanks!

Cell standby is a graphical bug. If you look at your time without signal it'll read 1% or 0%, at least for me it always does.

I am consistently getting 50% without a signal. That's even after I try plugging the phone and charging or turning the phone off and then turning it back on.

The only way I can get it to stop being 50% (and continue to fall) is if I put the phone in airplane mode for a second and then take it out.

coolj478

Reaction score

Thanks!

I've had the same issue and I believe it's making my batter drain faster. I'm never in an area with a weak signal and the only thing that has changed is moving from focused .5 to 1.0.

I go to bed with my phone at 50% and wake up to 20%. The whole time data should be turned off and it still drains a ton. Before it would only go down 10%.

Try putting your phone in airplane mode for a few seconds and then taking it back out.. That seems to have worked for me.

MoreGeeBeez

Reaction score
Try putting your phone in airplane mode for a few seconds and then taking it back out.. That seems to have worked for me.

I'll give it a shot. So far this has been my only issue with focused 1.0 and it's very minor. I've been on the rubix focused bandwagon since .3 and I'm loving it.

Support for this rom has been outstanding!

coolj478

Reaction score

I'll give it a shot. So far this has been my only issue with focused 1.0 and it's very minor. I've been on the rubix focused bandwagon since .3 and I'm loving it.

Support for this rom has been outstanding!

This is the first ROM i've installed and even though my battery life has gotten worse (hopefully this airplane mode fix is it) I can't stop using it. It's so fast and I like the look of this so much better than Blur.

Xyp

Reaction score
battery life :-(

I've mentioned this to both Drod and AngDroid at different points (and gotten prompt and personalized responses from both of them BTW, best devs around), and I do believe them when they tell me that the cell standby isn't real... but my battery life since changing from 0.5 to 1.0 is half as good, at best.

so... even if it isn't the cell standby, something is draining my battery. I'm not OC'd (which by the way makes me /facepalm after all the wonderful cleaning out of extra system processes that people are in love with OC'ing but I digress) I'm totally themeless except for Jsin's blackbar and running LPP, just like on 0.5. I've examined my running processes to make sure there isn't anything new in there from before, and there isn't. I've also .sbf'ed in an effort to remove any remnants of older ROMs from the internals that might be screwing something up... to no avail. I really love the look and feel of this ROM, but something about the fission base isn't agreeing with my X.

I hate to say it, but I think I've gotta go back to 0.5 and see if it corrects the battery issue. I'll update later with results...

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I've mentioned this to both Drod and AngDroid at different points (and gotten prompt and personalized responses from both of them BTW, best devs around), and I do believe them when they tell me that the cell standby isn't real... but my battery life since changing from 0.5 to 1.0 is half as good, at best.

so... even if it isn't the cell standby, something is draining my battery. I'm not OC'd (which by the way makes me /facepalm after all the wonderful cleaning out of extra system processes that people are in love with OC'ing but I digress) I'm totally themeless except for Jsin's blackbar and running LPP, just like on 0.5. I've examined my running processes to make sure there isn't anything new in there from before, and there isn't. I've also .sbf'ed in an effort to remove any remnants of older ROMs from the internals that might be screwing something up... to no avail. I really love the look and feel of this ROM, but something about the fission base isn't agreeing with my X.

I hate to say it, but I think I've gotta go back to 0.5 and see if it corrects the battery issue. I'll update later with results...

I actually have better battery life on 1 than I did on .5 and I too use LPP, the blackbar mod and no other themes.

Inkarnit

Reaction score
I'm not sure how my battery life fares quite yet. This is the first ROM I've used and only installed it two days ago. Since then I've been constantly playing with the phone and testing what overclock speeds make sense. I think I've got it pretty much set, so this weekend I should get a good view of how my battery life will work. BatteryLeft has my battery life calculated as about 13 hours pre-rubiX, pre-OC.

Drae123

Reaction score
My cell standby has also gone up a lot since moving to 1.0. I've tried *228 and the airplane switching. 0.5 was a battery saving monster for me. Don't know what it is with 1.0 that's going on. Might just flash back to a state where I didn't even have 0.5 installed and try a fresh install from the blur state. I wish spare parts or the battery manager could pinpoint exactly whats causing all the usage. Edit: Saw that the standby is a graphical bug just now. Still feel like battery is shorter than 0.5 though. Just did a fresh install from a blur state so I'll see how it goes.

Last edited:

MoreGeeBeez

Reaction score
I just wanna follow up with Drod on the standby issue because I think it's a legit battery drain. I did a little experimenting today. For both of the tests my phone sat on my desk, had zero phone calls and a few e-mails and texts. It did not move more than 3 feet for both tests. Hey it was a slow Friday! I also updated my PRL last night, version 52031.

After my last post I did the airplane mode flip that was suggested and fully charged my phone. In 1 hour it went from 100% to 80% battery and 43% of the usage was cell standby.

I then restored to a Focused .5 backup I had. Upgraded all of my apps and made it as identical to my 1.0 setup as possible. In 1 hour it went fro 100% to 90% and 5% of the usage was cell standby. It took me 3 hours just to hit 80%.

Just trying to help since .3 & .5 worked flawlessly for me. I also noticed that with 1.0 it takes about 5 hours to charge from 20%, where on .5 it only took 2.5-3 hours.

tom108

Reaction score
I just wanna follow up with Drod on the standby issue because I think it's a legit battery drain. I did a little experimenting today. For both of the tests my phone sat on my desk, had zero phone calls and a few e-mails and texts. It did not move more than 3 feet for both tests. Hey it was a slow Friday! I also updated my PRL last night, version 52031.

After my last post I did the airplane mode flip that was suggested and fully charged my phone. In 1 hour it went from 100% to 80% battery and 43% of the usage was cell standby.

I then restored to a Focused .5 backup I had. Upgraded all of my apps and made it as identical to my 1.0 setup as possible. In 1 hour it went fro 100% to 90% and 5% of the usage was cell standby. It took me 3 hours just to hit 80%.

Just trying to help since .3 & .5 worked flawlessly for me. I also noticed that with 1.0 it takes about 5 hours to charge from 20%, where on .5 it only took 2.5-3 hours.

what are you using to read the battery percentage? remember this rom reads in increments of 20% and it will read 80% as soon as you hit 90.

RELEASE NOTES:
Made from my own base
All apps Deodexed, Optimized, Zipaligned by Me
De-Blurred COMPLETELY
Build.Prop Tweaks (credit to Beesley)
All AOSP apps compiled 10/15/2010
3D Launcher 2
3D Gallery
WORKING PHONE INCOMING CALL SLIDERS! (Credit to me and AngDroid)
Bloatware Removed
140+ MB Free in System at install!
Certain Market apps removed (Download from market)
Speed and Battery tweaks (Credit to me)
Syscontl.Conf tweaks (Credit to me)
Updated BusyBox (Credit to JRummy)
Various bug fixes from Fission 1.0/rubiX 0.5
FaceBook now syncs to contacts! Sign in through FaceBook app!
AMAZING NEW AND UPDATED Boot animation credit to WJD Designs!
WallPapers install to SD Card under rubiX Wallpapers
Battery percentage by the 20's (It'll read 80 when you get to 90, don't be alarmed) (Credit to Pete/Xeudoxus)
Transparent Notification Pulldown

BalistikBill

Reaction score
Why is there no voice input when writing an email or text?

This was answered a few pages back. Voice Search controls this, and since it is a market app, is no longer included with the rom. To get this back, download voice search from the market.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Thank you sir! I had a little issue 2 days ago where I about pissed my pants. I thought my DX was going to be stuck at the boot loader for ever. Finally got it flashed with the correct version and I'm back in business. Thanks for the response.

sephtin

Reaction score

what are you using to read the battery percentage? remember this rom reads in increments of 20% and it will read 80% as soon as you hit 90.

RELEASE NOTES:
Made from my own base
All apps Deodexed, Optimized, Zipaligned by Me
De-Blurred COMPLETELY
Build.Prop Tweaks (credit to Beesley)
All AOSP apps compiled 10/15/2010
3D Launcher 2
3D Gallery
WORKING PHONE INCOMING CALL SLIDERS! (Credit to me and AngDroid)
Bloatware Removed
140+ MB Free in System at install!
Certain Market apps removed (Download from market)
Speed and Battery tweaks (Credit to me)
Syscontl.Conf tweaks (Credit to me)
Updated BusyBox (Credit to JRummy)
Various bug fixes from Fission 1.0/rubiX 0.5
FaceBook now syncs to contacts! Sign in through FaceBook app!
AMAZING NEW AND UPDATED Boot animation credit to WJD Designs!
WallPapers install to SD Card under rubiX Wallpapers
Battery percentage by the 20's (It'll read 80 when you get to 90, don't be alarmed) (Credit to Pete/Xeudoxus)
Transparent Notification Pulldown

well, that's mostly correct.
Battery percentage reads fine from battery manager, and from widgets (10% increments).
The battery indicator in the notification bar reads by 20%'s..