[ROM] Zero Blur! Zero Lag! rubiX Focused 1.0

Droid74

Reaction score
For Olive Burst, I would say no.

When I first installed rubiX 1.0, I didn't read all of the updates, so didn't know so much of it had changed. I proceeded to install the blurless Olive.. Screwed everything up. Almost everything I did froze the phone, the market wouldn't work right at all, and was generally screwed up. :(

As for installing LPP to system, I've read from some people that have done it, that it seems to be snappier/faster like that, but not by a large margin. LPP is pretty fast as it is already from what I remember.

I would note, some people have been complaining of LPP not correctly showing number of mail messages on mail launch button (or whatever. I don't use LPP, just wanted to make sure you were aware). Not sure what causes this, but it seems to be an issue...

I have actually had the mail counter bug. I some how got rid of it tho...now it works fine. I wish I could tell you what I did to correct it (dont remember) . Although I think it went away after I cleared data and cache for the gmail app.

Thanks for the heads up about Olive blur less. I have been keeping track of the Themes listed on page 1 of this thread and they seem to be having some issues. Can anyone tell me if they have it running and the issues corrected. It sounds like they aren't fully corrected yet.

So in short that option in ROM manager to move LPP to system wouldnt mess this ROM up then?
THanks
Thanks

I had the gmail bug pop its nasty head again today. I fixed it by doing the following. Titanium backup and wipe data (for gmail app) and then deleted the short cut. After putting the short cut back the count works correctly.

Last edited:

compchick813

Reaction score
Is anyone having usb issues? Ever since I installed 1.0 my PC hasn't recognized my phone when I plug it in. The drivers and all were fine before. I don't get any notifications on my phone when I plug it in, and it doesn't start charging, but the screen does come on. It seems that I may not be the only one. I followed the instructions exactly for the install, but I do also have incognito red installed. I tried reinstalling the moto drivers but haven't had any luck. I might do a backup and try a fresh install to see what happens.

Installed Rubix Focused 1.0, having usb issues - Android Forums

rothnic

Reaction score
Is anyone having usb issues? Ever since I installed 1.0 my PC hasn't recognized my phone when I plug it in. The drivers and all were fine before. I don't get any notifications on my phone when I plug it in, and it doesn't start charging, but the screen does come on. It seems that I may not be the only one. I followed the instructions exactly for the install, but I do also have incognito red installed. I tried reinstalling the moto drivers but haven't had any luck. I might do a backup and try a fresh install to see what happens.

Have you tried turning debugging off, then going into PC mode? Then see if the drivers are installed and the phone recognized.

Edit: Additionally I had to find the 4.6.1 motorolla driver installer program for the driver to install correctly while in debugging mode. Non debugging was fine with 4.6.0, but not with.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score

I'm not running 1.0 but have you went into setting/applications /running serviices and checked to see if you have UsbService running?

rickkane

Reaction score
sephtin's black bar mod is sweet! Is there any way to make the notifications in the pull down the same color as the pull down with white letters instead of white background with black letters??? Sorry to nitpick, but that would be pretty sleek, IMO anyway....Plus, the whole idea of a black bar is black drop down right? Thanks for all the hard work, the ROM is pimp!

thepolishguy

Reaction score

Yes - I also had the problem. So if you successfully installed the drivers originally you can search for "Motorola Driver Installer.exe" on your computer. I used the "clean and reinstall" option while my phone was plugged in and nothing happened. But when I unplugged and replugged, they installed. (all but one - "MTP USB failed").

good luck

On another note- I found a sweet battery indicator. Install through metamorph so it uses the rubix framework-res.

xda-developers - View Single Post - [METAMORPH] [10/7] Glowing Circle Battery Icon

make sure to use the file from post #11 as the OP does not work on the X. I linked to the single post and not the thread just to be sure. and as always...

"...I take no responsibilities blah blah blah..."

But it worked good for me.

BTW- love this rom!

Last edited:

compchick813

Reaction score
Yeah, unfortunately the service is already running. I tried turning off debug mode but no luck. Is there a way to set it to PC mode when it hadn't recognized that it's plugged in? I've never seen it but maybe I'm missing it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

sephtin

Reaction score
Anything in particular to rename it?

Sent from my DROIDX

Good question! It's tricky.. because the /system partition is mounted read only. So, you can do it one of several ways.

Using Root Explorer (app from market, everyone with root should have this, imho):
--Open Root Explorer
--Navigate to /system/app
--hit the "Mount RW" button at the top to remount the partition as Read/Write
--Rename the file to something/anything, heck, delete it if you want *shrug*
--Hit the "Mount RO" button at the top, to remount partition as Read Only
--Reboot (required for changes to /system/app to be recognized

Then install streets view from Market.

Edit: Crap, I just re-read your post, and now I'm not sure if you were asking HOW to change it, or if you were asking what to change it to!!!
If you're asking the latter, just rename it to anything that isn't a valid .apk.. most people just change the extension from .apk to .bak.

Hope this helps!

Sorry for taking so long to think you for the help! Root Explorer was the hickey and got me all fixed. Now if I could just get my speed dial back.....dancedroid

Well, it's on the issues list... but no promises... :(

sephtin

Reaction score
sephtin's black bar mod is sweet! Is there any way to make the notifications in the pull down the same color as the pull down with white letters instead of white background with black letters??? Sorry to nitpick, but that would be pretty sleek, IMO anyway....Plus, the whole idea of a black bar is black drop down right? Thanks for all the hard work, the ROM is pimp!

Working on it. I think I have the file that does the background color. just need to figure out the text. If only I had more time. :S

WingShot

Reaction score
Up and running with Rubix 1.0 and the IX theme.

Really liking the Asop camera...

rothnic

Reaction score
Yeah, unfortunately the service is already running. I tried turning off debug mode but no luck. Is there a way to set it to PC mode when it hadn't recognized that it's plugged in? I've never seen it but maybe I'm missing it.

That is strange that your phone doesn't recognize that it is plugged in. I think you should try re flashing the rom, or you might have to sbf, then reinstall.

It sounds like a very isolated issue that probably came about from not having a clean base you were installing to maybe?

compchick813

Reaction score

That is strange that your phone doesn't recognize that it is plugged in. I think you should try re flashing the rom, or you might have to sbf, then reinstall.

It sounds like a very isolated issue that probably came about from not having a clean base you were installing to maybe?

Yeah it's pretty weird. I wiped data and cache when I installed, so maybe I'll try doing an sbf and see if that works.

sephtin

Reaction score

Thank you for the feedback BTW. Greatly appreciated! Glad you're enjoying it!!!

soccerman316

Reaction score
I'm not sure if anyone else has had this problem but I have had my phone restart a couple times while in the middle of a phone call.