[ROM] Zero Blur! Zero Lag! rubiX Focused 1.0

Threnody

Reaction score
Somebody reported earlier that after the first call received, the phone only vibrates on incoming calls, even when it's not on silent mode. I'm experiencing this bug now. Do we know what causes it yet?

EDIT: I just tried to reproduce the bug, and now my phone is ringing. Maybe it was a one-time thing?

Last edited:

Droid74

Reaction score
Any thoughts on this??

For Olive Burst, I would say no.

When I first installed rubiX 1.0, I didn't read all of the updates, so didn't know so much of it had changed. I proceeded to install the blurless Olive.. Screwed everything up. Almost everything I did froze the phone, the market wouldn't work right at all, and was generally screwed up. :(

As for installing LPP to system, I've read from some people that have done it, that it seems to be snappier/faster like that, but not by a large margin. LPP is pretty fast as it is already from what I remember.

I would note, some people have been complaining of LPP not correctly showing number of mail messages on mail launch button (or whatever. I don't use LPP, just wanted to make sure you were aware). Not sure what causes this, but it seems to be an issue...

I have actually had the mail counter bug. I some how got rid of it tho...now it works fine. I wish I could tell you what I did to correct it (dont remember) . Although I think it went away after I cleared data and cache for the gmail app.

Thanks for the heads up about Olive blur less. I have been keeping track of the Themes listed on page 1 of this thread and they seem to be having some issues. Can anyone tell me if they have it running and the issues corrected. It sounds like they aren't fully corrected yet.

So in short that option in ROM manager to move LPP to system wouldnt mess this ROM up then?
THanks
Thanks

Last edited:

Skelly022782

Reaction score
Can anyone comment on this?

I've not seen this either. Which email app is this? What type of mail server are you connected to (was it corporate?)?

Any more info you can provide, would be good. Unfortunately, I don't have a corp account to connect to for testing, but maybe we can find someone to test?

Thanks!

Hi Seph-

It's not any special e-mail application. It's just the one that came with the Rom and yes it is a corporate account. When I used to get an e-mail message, there were two ways to move the message. You could long press the message from your inbox and had the option.

Now the options are only as follows on a long press:
open
delete
forward
reply all
mark as unread

The other method was to actually be inside the message and hit the menu button but the only options are the same as above. Other than that, the e-mail is working perfect, synced up with calendar whole nine yards. Just seems odd because I can still view all my folders by just clicking folders.

Does anyone else have the above issue? Hoping someone could shed light on how to move messages to folders. Is this working on gmail?

networkmagician419

Reaction score
Help

I followed the directions, and now the phone is stuck at the M logo, cannot get into bootloader ... please help

rothnic

Reaction score
I absolutely love everything about this rom, except for not having the original droid x camera. I saw that the post said something about creating a blur camera. I definitely think that is something that is important for retaining hardware functionality. I'm sure having the froyo x source will help people in the future for moving towards that.

dogswind

Reaction score
My dead air bug came back :(

This time, the dialer closed completely and just showed a black screen when trying to reopen it. All of my contacts changed back to numbers in the messaging app, so I tried opening the contacts and got a FC error. After this everything came back, but all my facebook contacts were gone. I synced them back and had to manually join each one back to the google contact. I haven't bothered finishing doing so because this appears to be getting worse instead of better.

Is there anything I should try, or should I just sbf and install again or something?

sephtin

Reaction score

This time, the dialer closed completely and just showed a black screen when trying to reopen it. All of my contacts changed back to numbers in the messaging app, so I tried opening the contacts and got a FC error. After this everything came back, but all my facebook contacts were gone. I synced them back and had to manually join each one back to the google contact. I haven't bothered finishing doing so because this appears to be getting worse instead of better.

Is there anything I should try, or should I just sbf and install again or something?

Hate to say it, but something is very wrong. I'd clean it up, and start over if it was me. There might be a fix, but rather than trying this, then trying that.. I'd just nip it, and start from scratch and get it working...

sephtin

Reaction score
I absolutely love everything about this rom, except for not having the original droid x camera. I saw that the post said something about creating a blur camera. I definitely think that is something that is important for retaining hardware functionality. I'm sure having the froyo x source will help people in the future for moving towards that.

If you don't mind my asking... what is it that you like so much about the blur camera, and/or don't like about the AOSP camera? They're nearly identicle as far as feature for feature... and the AOSP camera is growing on me!

sephtin

Reaction score
I followed the directions, and now the phone is stuck at the M logo, cannot get into bootloader ... please help

Several things to try, in order.. here's what I would start with.

--Pull the battery, and see if it boots. (Sometimes it takes a couple times)... When you pull the battery, give it 15+ seconds to discharge, or hit the power button a couple times while the battery is out.
Sometimes, and I wish I knew why... but sometimes this does actually work.

--If that didn't work, pull the battery, but this time, hold the home button when you put it back in. Keep home held in, until you get a warning icon on the screen, then let go of home, and hit the search button. This should take you to the ANDROID recovery (NOT clockwork recovery).
From this recovery, wipe data, and cache again, then reboot. IF there was something wonky going on with cache or data, this will resolve.

If that doesn't work, and you're still stuck at the big "M", it may be time to throw in the towel, and .sbf. TONS more info available at rootzwiki dot com.
Before it gets to this, post again with what you've tried, and the results... people here are awesome about helping out!

WingShot

Reaction score
I'm stock, 2.3.15 sbf flashed (used the sbf from Rootz Wiki). Do I have to deodex first, or can I go straight to this 1.0 focused rom?

dogswind

Reaction score

Hate to say it, but something is very wrong. I'd clean it up, and start over if it was me. There might be a fix, but rather than trying this, then trying that.. I'd just nip it, and start from scratch and get it working...

That's what I thought.. Should I sbf first or just wipe everything and reinstall over it?

coolj478

Reaction score
I noticed something pretty interesting....When I'm able to get into the battery manager it seems that my cell standby time is always twice the amount of time since the phone was last unplugged and 50% of the time is without a signal. There is absolutely no way I'm going 50% of the time without a signal (and always exactly 50%). I tried restarting the phone and I always end up with a cell standby time twice as long as the time since last plugged in.

What I did try was turning on airplane mode for a second and then turning it back off. It seems the cell standby is now functioning (or at least displaying) correctly. I'll have to test longer to see if this helps my battery life any.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Thanks!

sephtin

Reaction score
I'm stock, 2.3.15 sbf flashed (used the sbf from Rootz Wiki). Do I have to deodex first, or can I go straight to this 1.0 focused rom?

You can install straight to Focused from anything 2.2. The installation will format /system, so if you did deodex, it would just get wiped out anyway... :)