[ROM] Zero Blur! Zero Lag! rubiX Focused 1.0

Skelly022782

Reaction score
Didn't see this posted yet. I noticed that when you read an e-mail you no longer have the option to move the e-mail to one of your folders in your inbox. Is this true? I tried long pressing the message and it didn't work and the menu button also didn't bring up the option to move the message.

Has anyone else encountered this?

Can anyone comment on this?

I've not seen this either. Which email app is this? What type of mail server are you connected to (was it corporate?)?

Any more info you can provide, would be good. Unfortunately, I don't have a corp account to connect to for testing, but maybe we can find someone to test?

Thanks!

Hi Seph-

It's not any special e-mail application. It's just the one that came with the Rom and yes it is a corporate account. When I used to get an e-mail message, there were two ways to move the message. You could long press the message from your inbox and had the option.

Now the options are only as follows on a long press:
open
delete
forward
reply all
mark as unread

The other method was to actually be inside the message and hit the menu button but the only options are the same as above. Other than that, the e-mail is working perfect, synced up with calendar whole nine yards. Just seems odd because I can still view all my folders by just clicking folders.

Droid74

Reaction score
So I have come across a couple things and wanted to ask before I tried them.
1. There are some other blur less themes out there (ie: Olive burst), would these blur less themes work, or do they need to be specifically for Focused? (i know its not listed on page 1)
2. In ROM manager I noticed under the tab for DrewGaren there is an option for installing Launcher Pro into the system. Would this work with Focused? and would this be desirable? I would imagine it would make it faster/smoother.
Thanks

Any thoughts on this??

moosc

Reaction score
Well I'm I'm using lpp and have no issues. I'm still trying to get the stock froyo gallery to work. But this Rom will not allow it kinda sad.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Threnody

Reaction score
I've been getting several extra notifications from the email app. The notifications usually appear a few minutes after I get an actual email (for which I also get a notification). Sometimes the extras say I have two or three unread emails. Is this happening to anyone else? I may have configured my email or the settings incorrectly, but I can't figure out why it would do this. I set up the email account using IMAP. I'm also running incognito red 3.1. If anyone has any ideas, I would appreciate the feedback. Thanks.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've been getting several extra notifications from the email app. The notifications usually appear a few minutes after I get an actual email (for which I also get a notification). Sometimes the extras say I have two or three unread emails. Is this happening to anyone else? I may have configured my email or the settings incorrectly, but I can't figure out why it would do this. I set up the email account using IMAP. I'm also running incognito red 3.1. If anyone has any ideas, I would appreciate the feedback. Thanks.

Are you getting extra notifications and then when you go to check them they are not there? Or are you getting duplicate messages for one message with extra notifications?

Sometimes when I receive a message it doesn't always show up in the inbox. Sometimes I go down to all mail and there are unread messages.

I don't follow, sorry.

cantcatchme939

Reaction score
is there any way I can swap on the blur camera? I'm not feelin the love with this AOSP camera.

Threnody

Reaction score

Are you getting extra notifications and then when you go to check them they are not there? Or are you getting duplicate messages for one message with extra notifications?

Sometimes when I receive a message it doesn't always show up in the inbox. Sometimes I go down to all mail and there are unread messages.

I don't follow, sorry.

I'm getting extra notifications and not seeing any new email when I check it. I only have one account on the email app, so it's not email in the combined inbox.

CDMATech

Reaction score
Hmmm I get this question often... here are a few things I notice that *can* have a significant drain on any android device..(I make reference here to only moto devices)
1. If you are noticing degraded signal... this can have a impact. Try a good ol *22899.. let's get your data provisioning and PRL up to snuff.
2. Check out your running applications, if you have anything that is REALLY eating at your ram(lotsa MB's),then that OMAP is just working itself to death(even if the device is in standby)... make sure you have a reliable task killer and are using it.... my opinion and advice is if you use ATK.. uninstall it and get task manger by rythm software... free on the market...don't think just cause you installed a TK that it will work by itself...(not saying that's the case but you would be surprised)
4.disable WIFI & BT.... both can degrade a third of bat life if set to auto scan.
5.brightness adjustments..
6.if you have an *anti-virus-free app*(that's the .apks name) uninstall it... complete trash....I have to remove that dammed thing atleast 5 times a day... trash.
7. If you aren't useing the market often, disable back ground data...
8.keep widgets to a minimum.. the more you have.. the more processing.
9.if your device is getting warm at all with light use.... get a task killer and use it before placing the device in standby mode... heat does not help.
10. Steer clear of any Apk that promises longer batt life... it is pretty common that one of the previous statements were your problem... now you have a apk that's controling power and processing as well as radio use.. with constant monitoring.. just doesn't make sense... uninstall the junk.

Listen, these are the corrections I make and have to explain everyday.. it is very very possible your batt may have been exposed to extreme heat(inside your car this past summer) this creates the cell walls in that batt to become weak, therefore not solidifying to accept a charge... but this *usually* results in a chemical change, and creates swelling due to gasses being trapped. If you think this is possible... get it checked out.. granted with swelling its not even a question of warranty..

If your local VZW has given you flak on the issue previously, then when you return act as if you* JUST KNOW* it has to be the phone!, and dammit I want it replaced.. they will most likely tell you that they have to duplicate the issue, then goahead and *ask* if it would be better, could you try another batt...9 times out if 10.. *just because they know you said it was the phone*, they will be relieved that now.. only a 49.99 batt will make you*happy* not the 3-400$ hit on a warranty device..

I hope this helps... let me know!

From Team Shadow DROIDX vzw-R+D+I+K Project 2.1-1/2.2 Leather Sholes Legacy...

Sek0n

Reaction score
1. There are some other blur less themes out there (ie: Olive burst), would these blur less themes work, or do they need to be specifically for Focused? (i know its not listed on page 1)
2. In ROM manager I noticed under the tab for DrewGaren there is an option for installing Launcher Pro into the system. Would this work with Focused? and would this be desirable? I would imagine it would make it faster/smoother.
Thanks

Any thoughts on this??

For Olive Burst, I would say no.

When I first installed rubiX 1.0, I didn't read all of the updates, so didn't know so much of it had changed. I proceeded to install the blurless Olive.. Screwed everything up. Almost everything I did froze the phone, the market wouldn't work right at all, and was generally screwed up. :(

As for installing LPP to system, I've read from some people that have done it a while ago, and it seemed to be snappier/faster like that, but not by a large margin. LPP is pretty fast as it is already from what I remember.

Last edited:

sephtin

Reaction score
Thanks

Any thoughts on this??

For Olive Burst, I would say no.

When I first installed rubiX 1.0, I didn't read all of the updates, so didn't know so much of it had changed. I proceeded to install the blurless Olive.. Screwed everything up. Almost everything I did froze the phone, the market wouldn't work right at all, and was generally screwed up. :(

As for installing LPP to system, I've read from some people that have done it, that it seems to be snappier/faster like that, but not by a large margin. LPP is pretty fast as it is already from what I remember.

I would note, some people have been complaining of LPP not correctly showing number of mail messages on mail launch button (or whatever. I don't use LPP, just wanted to make sure you were aware). Not sure what causes this, but it seems to be an issue...

Sek0n

Reaction score
I would note, some people have been complaining of LPP not correctly showing number of mail messages on mail launch button (or whatever. I don't use LPP, just wanted to make sure you were aware). Not sure what causes this, but it seems to be an issue...

That must be a recent bug, or I just wasn't effected by it when I used LPP. Switched to Adw when rubiX was first released, and have been happy with it sense. :)

sephtin

Reaction score

That must be a recent bug, or I just wasn't effected by it when I used LPP. Switched to Adw when rubiX was first released, and have been happy with it sense. :)

Ya know... I read this in forums of either droidxforums, or here... and for the life of me, I can't find it in a search!!! :(

Anyway, be aware it could happen. If it does, have not heard of a fix yet... :S

dogswind

Reaction score

Ya know... I read this in forums of either droidxforums, or here... and for the life of me, I can't find it in a search!!! :(

A user in the XDA thread reported this happening on several ROMs, so it may be a bug within LP itself. I've never used this feature so I can't confirm this. Just throwing it out there..

sephtin

Reaction score

A user in the XDA thread reported this happening on several ROMs, so it may be a bug within LP itself. I've never used this feature so I can't confirm this. Just throwing it out there..

I KNEW I wasn't going crazy! Must have read it there! :) Thanks for the confirmation!!

dogswind

Reaction score

I KNEW I wasn't going crazy! Must have read it there! :) Thanks for the confirmation!!

No problem! ;)