[ROM] Zero Blur! Zero Lag! rubiX Focused 1.0

Jakeworld

Reaction score
Ok, I installed the 8mp an d720p camera patch, but the resolution has stayed the same. I compared to pictures before I used a rom and they are smaller.

The video records at 720p and noticed it captures at 26FPS, not 24FPS. Odd as it sounds, those two frames actually help. I still have the initial video I recorded in my office when i got my phone and recorded the same thing just now, its noticibely less choppy.

In response to your photo observations, perhaps the difference in size is associated with the widescreen option that was available in the Blur Camera. The AOSP Camera update does include the option for 8MP photos, but this simply changes the resolution of the shot, and will not provide the widescreen details. Try comparing the resolution of the pictures from before and after. The aspect ratio should certainly be different, but the resolution should be higher, since the Widescreen option is limited to 6MP.

Speaking of widescreen shots, is there an option in the AOSP camera to use this aspect ratio? Some searching showed that the CyanogenMod Camera supports widescreen shots, and this camera is based on AOSP; however, I cannot find this option in the updated AOSP Camera available to Rubix Focused. This is not a deal breaker, but if the option is available, I think it would reduce the number of "bug reports" associated with the Camera.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Ok, I installed the 8mp an d720p camera patch, but the resolution has stayed the same. I compared to pictures before I used a rom and they are smaller.

The video records at 720p and noticed it captures at 26FPS, not 24FPS. Odd as it sounds, those two frames actually help. I still have the initial video I recorded in my office when i got my phone and recorded the same thing just now, its noticibely less choppy.

In response to your photo observations, perhaps the difference in size is associated with the widescreen option that was available in the Blur Camera. The AOSP Camera update does include the option for 8MP photos, but this simply changes the resolution of the shot, and will not provide the widescreen details. Try comparing the resolution of the pictures from before and after. The aspect ratio should certainly be different, but the resolution should be higher, since the Widescreen option is limited to 6MP.

Speaking of widescreen shots, is there an option in the AOSP camera to use this aspect ratio? Some searching showed that the CyanogenMod Camera supports widescreen shots, and this camera is based on AOSP; however, I cannot find this option in the updated AOSP Camera available to Rubix Focused. This is not a deal breaker, but if the option is available, I think it would reduce the number of "bug reports" associated with the Camera.

I never used the 6mp option on my DX when it was stock, always 8mp which was a 4:3 ratio. But stock 8mp 4:3 image was 3264x2448 @ 300dpi. Current photo with the fixed AOSP camera is 2592x1936 @ 300dpi. That resolution is a 5 megapixel image as per Link

I see no option to choose 8mp, 5mp or anything. Its basically I get what the app is set to and no option to change it.

Sample of my Stock 8MP image: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/114466/Stock 8MP.jpg (My babies birth, don't look if you're squeemish.)

Sample of my AOSP 8MP image: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/114466/Fixed AOSP 8MP.jpg

Last edited:

jgmarz

Reaction score
Lost ringer

Installed focused 1.0 and my phone rings sometimes and only vibrates sometimes. I checked all settings, if I reboot it will ring for the first call but vibrate on all after.

droidxchat

Reaction score

I never used the 6mp option on my DX when it was stock, always 8mp which was a 4:3 ratio. But stock 8mp 4:3 image was 3264x2448 @ 300dpi. Current photo with the fixed AOSP camera is 2592x1936 @ 300dpi. That resolution is a 5 megapixel image as per Link

I see no option to choose 8mp, 5mp or anything. Its basically I get what the app is set to and no option to change it.

Sample of my Stock 8MP image: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/114466/Stock 8MP.jpg (My babies birth, don't look if you're squeemish.)

Sample of my AOSP 8MP image: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/114466/Fixed AOSP 8MP.jpg

If you are using the AOSP camera, to set it to 8MP:

open camera
press top most settings botton (to the left of the most recent gallery image)
it opens up to "auto, infinity, macro"
scroll down that list to "picture size" where there should be an option for 8mp

if there isn't, then you didn't install the AOSP cam correctly and are probably still using stock cam

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
If you are using the AOSP camera, to set it to 8MP:

open camera
press top most settings botton (to the left of the most recent gallery image)
it opens up to "auto, infinity, macro"
scroll down that list to "picture size" where there should be an option for 8mp

if there isn't, then you didn't install the AOSP cam correctly and are probably still using stock cam

Oh for the love of god...I didn't know you could scroll that list. Retarded I feel now.:icon_censored:

Jakeworld

Reaction score
Oh for the love of god...I didn't know you could scroll that list. Retarded I feel now.

Don't feel bad, I could not for the life of me figure out where the 8MP option was the first time I used the AOSP Camera. Luckily one of the forum members, probably Sephtin, made a note to scroll down to find this option. There actually is a scroll bar, but it disappears after a couple of seconds, further confounding the confusion. Perhaps this note should be appended to the OP, since some of us are clearly blind ;)

Threnody

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Quickoffice would work if I pulled it from a previous version of Rubix? Thanks.

Also, this ROM performs amazingly well. Thanks for all you hard work drod!

droidxchat

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Quickoffice would work if I pulled it from a previous version of Rubix? Thanks.

Also, this ROM performs amazingly well. Thanks for all you hard work drod!

quickoffice works i'm using it on rubix 1.0

sephtin

Reaction score
Didn't see this posted yet. I noticed that when you read an e-mail you no longer have the option to move the e-mail to one of your folders in your inbox. Is this true? I tried long pressing the message and it didn't work and the menu button also didn't bring up the option to move the message.

Has anyone else encountered this?

Can anyone comment on this?

I've not seen this either. Which email app is this? What type of mail server are you connected to (was it corporate?)?

Any more info you can provide, would be good. Unfortunately, I don't have a corp account to connect to for testing, but maybe we can find someone to test?

Thanks!

sephtin

Reaction score
Is there a, way to get a different gallery? I have never liked this particular model. I tried dl the froyo gallery and it keeps failing. Any help?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I actually have ditched the stock gallery for 3dgallery:
3D Gallery - Android app on AppBrain

I switched to it when I had some pictures that were there, but that the stock BLUR gallery wouldn't let me delete. I was able to delete them via 3d gallery, and fixed my problem.

sephtin

Reaction score
If you can change the battery percentage by 10's I would use this. I see no reason why you would rather have it go by 20's.

This is a known issue (see .. is it the 3rd post in this thread)? and drod is working on it.
The only place that you will see 20%, is in the battery indicator in the notification bar. The system still correctly reports it via 10% increments, and any widgets/apps/etc. as well.

Hope this helps!

sephtin

Reaction score
Regarding scrolling settings in the AOSP camera...
Oh for the love of god...I didn't know you could scroll that list. Retarded I feel now.:icon_censored:

I know right? When drod sent it to me to test and get into ROM Manager.. I was like "nah, still taking 5MP pics! :(".. bleh.

I felt EXACTLY like you did when I found out.. haha!

WingShot

Reaction score
Anyone tried the Gala X theme with this rom?

Any themes you may install other than the ones I listed as compatible may cause issues with your phone, I cannot support the issues that they may cause from switching out the framework or adding blur apps back in.

Themes Compatible So Far:

Incognito Red by BGill55 and the Incognito Team:
Incognito Color Series For RubiX 1.0 - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

Iron X and Xpired by JsinLegacy & Rola
Presenting: Xpired & iX for Droid X - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

Black Bar Mod by JsinLegacy
http://www.jbthemes.com/jsinlegacy/Mods/Black_Bar_Mod.zip

Check these themes out guys! Support these themers, they put a lot of work in them!