[ROM] Zero Blur! Zero Lag! rubiX Focused 1.0

shooter_454

Reaction score
This is smoking fast...No problems other than I'm not able to log into my yahoo acct.I tried a manual setup,imap.mail.yahoo.com,smtp.mobile.yahoo.com still not working.

Any ideas
yea, same here. you just have to manually set it up for pop3.
incoming - pop.mail.yahoo.com port 110
outgoing - smtp.mail.yahoo.com port 25
Tried what you said,still not working for me

Thanks for the input

razorloves

Reaction score
This is smoking fast...No problems other than I'm not able to log into my yahoo acct.I tried a manual setup,imap.mail.yahoo.com,smtp.mobile.yahoo.com still not working.

Any ideas
yea, same here. you just have to manually set it up for pop3.
incoming - pop.mail.yahoo.com port 110
outgoing - smtp.mail.yahoo.com port 25
Tried what you said,still not working for me

Thanks for the input
which part is failing, the incoming or the outgoing? did change any other settings? what error message you get?

skarlson

Reaction score
*BUG*

This seems to me to be a major bug. Using LP or ADW there is no way to select custom PNG icons because the 3D Gallery does not register that they exist. I was able to do this on the stock gallery just fine.

GTvert90

Reaction score
Just to clarify do we go under mounts and storrage and format cache and data or do we factory reset/wipe data and wipe cache partition?

TWong1200

Reaction score
Just to clarify do we go under mounts and storrage and format cache and data or do we factory reset/wipe data and wipe cache partition?

Mounts and storage to format data/cache.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Sek0n

Reaction score
Thanks for this. Seems to be running very smooth for me so far.

Except when I flashed Incognito Olive.. lol everything went all glitchy on me. Will teach me to read everything before I do stuff now in the future. :D

sephtin

Reaction score
Could the .5 back up assist patch work on this version?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

yes it works just fine

Edit: Using the patch will load backup assistant, however, it will not sync contacts only because it requires the blur contacts to be able to view all of them. So if you don't have it, backup will work, however you will only be able to view the contacts that are synced with google, or your calendar.

Getting BUA (Back Up Assistant) contacts into Google Contacts:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...-aosp-fission-beta-preview-17.html#post913902

Hope this helps!

Edit: Pasting info, so it's in this thread as well:
I've not tried this, has anyone given it a shot? Can someone confirm if it works or not?

From MyVerizon:
--Contacts at the top:
--View Contacts (bottom right)
--Select All (Top Right)
--From the drop down (to the right of select all), choose Export Contacts

Then import on into google Contacts...

Please let me know if this works or not!

sephtin

Reaction score
just one issue ive noticed in the market...apps wont download and show in the notification panel. Ill start the download, then it goes to 100 % but then dissapear out of the notification panel and not be downloaded. any ideas??

Having a similar issue... first could not find google car home in the market so I sent it to my phone from appbrain. Showed the download and install both went fine but it is not showing in my app drawer at all. Shows in settings>apps>downloaded though Did a reboot and it's still not showing in app drawer so no real way to access it

The new google car home doesn't show up for DXs, perhaps other phones as well. You can download it using other means (like you did) but it won't show up in the app drawer. It should open once you're in a car dock, but you can always add a shortcut to the home screen if needs be. Again, this is _not_ a rubiX issue.

Best suggestion I have for car home, is to try one of the many alternatives available from the market. This one has gotten many recommendations, and high marks from those who've used it:
Car Home (beta) - Android app on AppBrain

sephtin

Reaction score
I had my phone perfect then I cracked the screen, I rooted the new phone, installed the bootstrap and rom manager. I downloaded this rom rebooted into clockwork recovery and followed the instructions on page one. It said the process had completed and now my phone is stuck on the M. When I reboot I hold up/down volume and picture button i get a black screen with Bootloader 29.01 screen. I tried to SFB back to stock but it says my phone isn't compatible. Any suggestions, I'm really screwed right now. I need my phone for work tomorrow. Thanks in advance
I was on Rubix .5 was DarkEdge beta theme installed. Rebooted to bootstrap, wiped data, wiped cache, installed Rubix1.0 from .zip, installed Incognito1.2 from .zip, rebooted.

I was stuck at the "Press android to begin"... pressing him did nothing, language selection let me pick English but still wouldn't let me past android. I rebooted and same thing. Tried wiping data/cache, still no luck.

Just tried to flash 2.2 SBF file (2.3.15_1FF_01) and it gets to 99% then get
"Failed flashing process. Interface BP: Error sending RAM download for bootloader. Device API Error: 0xE003003F Address: 0x150000 Command: ADDR (0xE023203F); phone connected.

Stuck in infinite boot loop. Tried to re-flash.. same error. What now?

For SBF'ing, 2 things I would mention:
1) Full instructions here:
Droid X
Follow them carefully!

2) If you DID the OTA, then you have to use the instructions for the 2.2 SBF
If you have NEVER OTA'd to 2.2, then you should do the SBF to the 2.1, using those instructions.

Hope that helps!

Sek0n

Reaction score
Having a similar issue... first could not find google car home in the market so I sent it to my phone from appbrain. Showed the download and install both went fine but it is not showing in my app drawer at all. Shows in settings>apps>downloaded though Did a reboot and it's still not showing in app drawer so no real way to access it

The new google car home doesn't show up for DXs, perhaps other phones as well. You can download it using other means (like you did) but it won't show up in the app drawer. It should open once you're in a car dock, but you can always add a shortcut to the home screen if needs be. Again, this is _not_ a rubiX issue.

Best suggestion I have for car home, is to try one of the many alternatives available from the market. This one has gotten many recommendations, and high marks from those who've used it:
Car Home (beta) - Android app on AppBrain

Quick note on top of that, for the new CarHome to show up in the app drawer, you also need to have the CarHomeLauncher.apk installed. With that it works how it should. :)

Wish it was in the market still. :(

cky2k

Reaction score
Donated again :) (from jj******)
Awesome work drod2169. It just keeps getting better :D.

I just installed BlackModz and WJD Blackout KB which looks awesome. Do you see any problems with that? If anyone is going to install BlackModz, it will revert the lock slider back to the stock one (I use nolock).

Not complaining one bit. Is speed dial blur? I seen it mentioned before about Street View and can confirm (install unsuccessful).

Thank you so much for your hard work.

sephtin

Reaction score
I've fixed the scripts so that Focused 1.0 will install correctly from ROM Manager.

During the install, it will also ask you which camera you want, DefaultFocused, or Blur... as well as which Keyboard, AOSP, or DefaultFocused... (Default Focused being the one that DRod included in Focused 1.0.

I have also added a CHANGE OPTIONS menu in ROM Manager, that will allow you to select and change between the cameras, and keyboards.

If you're the type of person that would rather do things by hand... the files are also here:
DefaultFocused keyboard, and camera - These are the ones that come installed on rubiX Focused 1.0 by default, so that you can go back to them if you wish!
http://www.sephtin.com/rubiX/rubixFocused-PATCH-DefaultFocusedCamera.zip
http://www.sephtin.com/rubiX/rubixFocused-PATCH-DefaultFocusedKeyboard.zip

BlurCamera (Version provided to me by DRod)-
http://www.sephtin.com/rubiX/rubixFocused-PATCH-BlurCamera.zip

AOSP Keyboard (Version provided to me by DRod)-
http://www.sephtin.com/rubiX/rubixFocused-PATCH-AOSPKeyboard.zip

I know there are a few versions/patches/etc. of the BlurCamera files out there... This one was the version provided to me by DRod. I've done basic testing of all of these patches, as well as testing that the patches work correctly in ROM Manager.

Please post if you're having any issues with ROM Manager, and/or the patches with rubiX Focused 1.0.

sephtin

Reaction score
Quick note on top of that, for the new CarHome to show up in the app drawer, you also need to have the CarHomeLauncher.apk installed. With that it works how it should. :)

Wish it was in the market still. :(

So, to confirm, all that's needed to get the car home back, is CarHomeLauncher.apk, and cardock.apk?