[ROM] Rolling Rolling Rolling GummyJAR just keep a rolling aha... 2.5 12/28

Discussion in 'Gummyjar Droid2' started by kejar31, Dec 28, 2010.

1. droid2drummer

droid2drummer Silver Member

Ratings:
    +10
    Lol, yeah. This has been my first smatphone. I have had it since they first day they hit the store, well actually it was a two week deal of the devour I had first and when I got it home the D2 was the hype. So I switched out. Good thing too have you seen all the complaints on the devour? LMAO anyway...now its said to say I would actually trade for a great condition D1... or OG..THEY HAVE THE ABILITIES and I have a phone that seems now you have to pray for updates. Well its not that bad..lol I havnt ever had to use my laptop since I got this thing. That's why sbfing is so much of a hassle or dare I say lazy of me...lol

2. droid2drummer

Ratings:
    +10
    If I was to flash the new leak. I would stay with it and hope for themes. Just seems the devs have no interest in the bother of this D2:thing...I don't blame them..

3. patmw123

patmw123 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +72
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6
    Well considering we droid 2 users have already seen a leaked version of gingerbread from motorola I'm fairly confident well see a gingerbread ota. I couldn't be happier with motorola and their ability to release updates. Sure, there are a few annoyances with the final froyo build (such as the haptic feedback toggle not working) but all of those seem to be cleared up even in the gingerbread leak. I'm 100% positive after its all said and done gingerbread will run much better on a droid 2 than a droid 1. Only time will tell though. I'm actually pretty excited about the next few months in terms of my phone (gingerbread ota, GummyJAR GB edition, etc)

4. droid2drummer

Ratings:
    +10
    Congrats... you've twisted my arm... I will go ahead and check it out sometime this week. Oh btw, I love my d2.. just whine about the abilities w/locked bootlader. But all in all its awesome. I hate to admit it but I too whimper from time to time. Lol but yeah you have some great points... usually I was the one sticking up for the D2 now I see you have the same pride in motorola... I just have to quit looking at all the roms and themes the og has... lol thanks for the pick me up on that note!

5. droid2drummer

Ratings:
    +10
    Right now I have the epic blue running and then I mtemorphed the speedometer battery and love it...on liberty ... how many GB themes are there on D2 that you know of btw..?? I want to check them out!...

6. patmw123

patmw123 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +72
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6
    I don't typically use themes very often and I felt like a lot of the features in liberty took away from stability. The most recent liberty release didn't seem to even closely resemble the GummyJAR base the rom was built on (which is what originally gave my attention to liberty). I usually just like a stock feel with solid stability and performance...which is exactly what GummyJAR is.

7. droid2drummer

Ratings:
    +10
    I couldn't have put it any simpler myself. We often forget the true use and options on these devices all to play with graphics and eye candy. When the mods start to take away the functionallity we sometimes stay with it because it looks good. I have been there and done that. I just have one backup now and its my original blur or stock I had saved before my ventures into roms and etc. I may just try the gb though...

8. trentw

trentw New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    where can i find 320/340?

Where can i find a 320 or 340 install? :icon_evil:

9. pinkmini

pinkmini New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Im so confused. Im new to having a droid, previously an evo owner and so much about droid is really different. Anyway I have a droid 2 with froyo 2.2 so will this rom work? Or is this only for gingerbread 2.3?

10. phrozen087

phrozen087 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This rom is for froyo 2.2 only. You can't use it with gingerbread so this is probably what you are looking for.

On another note:
    I had been using liberty for about 3 months and finally got tired of its scripts, checks, silent updates, toolboxes, etc... I just wanted a clean simple build of android where I could only have the system, my custom theme and my apps. Ended up reverting back to GummJAR 2.5 about 2-3 weeks ago and haven't looked back. I think I will stick with this until something new comes along or until I replace this Droid 2. I think I'll wait and see if a new phone get cyanogenmod or MIUI before I upgrade again next time.

11. patmw123

patmw123 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +72
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6
    Gummyjar is as solid as your going to get for the DROID 2. I honestly prefer it over gingerbread. If I still had my DROID 2 gummyjar would definitely be what I would run.

12. projekt128

projekt128 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Performance vs. GB

What is the consensus on performance vs. Liberty? From the hype it seems that this beast is running pretty incredible. Thoughts?

Search tags for this page

what will wiping the cache partition on my droid xt610 do

xt610 sbf files