[ROM] Rolling Rolling Rolling GummyJAR just keep a rolling aha... 2.5 12/28

CZeph

Reaction score
another minor issue, has anyone else had a problem of once youve assigned a ringtone to a contact, when that contact calls you, the assigned ringtone does NOT play? Ive gone and checked time and time again, and the ringtone i want has def. been assigned to that contact, but when that contact calls me, it plays the standard ringtone.

I installed this rom on my phone as well as my son's X, and he was having the same issue.

The first couple of days, the ringtones worked great. Lately not so much. But to be fair I've done a lot of mods recently to the Linear theme so maybe I broke something? Love the combo too much to let it bug me tho...

Sent from OneBadAss DroidX using Tapatalk

ToddClark

Reaction score
another minor issue, has anyone else had a problem of once youve assigned a ringtone to a contact, when that contact calls you, the assigned ringtone does NOT play? Ive gone and checked time and time again, and the ringtone i want has def. been assigned to that contact, but when that contact calls me, it plays the standard ringtone.

I installed this rom on my phone as well as my son's X, and he was having the same issue.

The first couple of days, the ringtones worked great. Lately not so much. But to be fair I've done a lot of mods recently to the Linear theme so maybe I broke something? Love the combo too much to let it bug me tho...

im not smart enuff to be doing any more mods other than just installing the ROM, LOL. I like all the other features, but if i cant get it figured out, then i'll have to go back to stock. I depend on the assigned ringtones to let me know who is calling and whether or not i need to pull the phone out of my holster to answer it or not.

CZeph

Reaction score
Thanks but I'm only 'smart enough' to follow the instructions of some really smart & helpful people.

So you don't have any theme on top of GummyJAR? Lemme know in a few days if going back to stock keeps the ringtones or if they revert to the default tone. Good luck.

ToddClark

Reaction score
oh i already know that going back to stock corrects the problem. I had the 2.1 GummyJar installed, had this same problem. reverted back to stock, problem went away. Then installed the new 2.5 and the problem appeared again. Beats the hell outta me why.

CZeph

Reaction score
oh i already know that going back to stock corrects the problem. I had the 2.1 GummyJar installed, had this same problem. reverted back to stock, problem went away. Then installed the new 2.5 and the problem appeared again. Beats the hell outta me why.
Well that's raggedy cause I can't go back. I've tasted that which is GummyJar and I am hooked! The speed, the lack of bloat, the overall responsiveness. I'm just glad the ring tones aren't that much of a priority to me.

Sent from OneBadAss DroidX

CZeph

Reaction score
Thanks, I forgot that I bought this app awhile back! It didn't work for me with Rubix or Apex but I'm keeping my fingers crossed...

mcp770

Reaction score
go to root explorer data/app and copy all your apps, just keep a folder with all your app .apk's on your sd card. Took two minutes to click install down the list. Anyway I posted issues earlier when installing the mod to remove data throttling (services.jar). Well I decided to just clear caches and re-flash gummmy and performance of the whole rom improved. Quadrant went from 940 with the services mod to 1600 without. In short I wouldn't bother with ported .jar files until devs do it right and include it with the rom.

Growler48

Reaction score
Thanks, I forgot that I bought this app awhile back! It didn't work for me with Rubix or Apex but I'm keeping my fingers crossed...

Let us know if it works. I'll buy it if it does.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
go to root explorer data/app and copy all your apps, just keep a folder with all your app .apk's on your sd card. Took two minutes to click install down the list. Anyway I posted issues earlier when installing the mod to remove data throttling (services.jar). Well I decided to just clear caches and re-flash gummmy and performance of the whole rom improved. Quadrant went from 940 with the services mod to 1600 without. In short I wouldn't bother with ported .jar files until devs do it right and include it with the rom.

works fine for me, sounds like u just had a bad install the first time of the rom

mcp770

Reaction score

works fine for me, sounds like u just had a bad install the first time of the rom

Abe, did you just root explorer the file into framework overwriting the existing services.jar then change the permissions to match the folder? Or did you use the sdk method?

DX_ROBS

Reaction score
issues

Im having reboots while on a phone calls i like the the rom and all but those reboots are killing it for me. And im fresh off an sbf.