[ROM] Liberty Gingerbread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkowske

Reaction score
Hi, two questions --

1) The 1st page links to and talks about LGB v0.6 but I see a lot of people talking about 0.7. Is the main page just outdated?

2) I'm currently running v2.0.1 -- is there likely to be an easier upgrade path as LGB becomes more mature or is it always going to be installing two separate vanilla GB versions, then going to the LGB build? Trying to decide if I should wait for this to develop some more before installing...

cjriddle22

Reaction score
Hi, two questions --

1) The 1st page links to and talks about LGB v0.6 but I see a lot of people talking about 0.7. Is the main page just outdated?

2) I'm currently running v2.0.1 -- is there likely to be an easier upgrade path as LGB becomes more mature or is it always going to be installing two separate vanilla GB versions, then going to the LGB build? Trying to decide if I should wait for this to develop some more before installing...

1) v0.7 is only available in the Liberty Donate Toolbox in the Market. It cost $5, and you will always get the latest builds, v0.8 should be coming soon. They release previous versions to the public after the donate people get it and after it is confirmed to be stable. Not every release becomes a public release. Sometime we have to deal with new bugs, but are the first ones to have the old bugs patched.

2) Well the two part GB build is in two parts b/c that is the only way to get a rooted version of GB at this moment. They used to have a way to get from 2.0.1 to LGB, but it involved going through multiple GB leaks. Now when you get on the official rooted version of GB, you can just flash v0.6 (or v0.7) right over it, then you are good to go. I hear they are working on a direct path to go from 2.0.1 to LGB, but I prefer to install the official version of GB, then make a backup, so if I need to get to stock GB for future OTA updates or if I wanted to change ROMs (<--- ha), I could just restore my backup and not have to SBF. Just my way of thinking though.

viper3773

Reaction score
Anyone notice for Facebook, when scrolling it flashes between a white and black background.... see screenshots::

snap20110610_060042-1.png

&

snap20110610_060039-1.png

Really messes with the eyes.. just does it the whole time. On .7 now, but it did it on .6 too

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Absolutely noticed that! It's been doing that since gb

Hi my name is Domenic and im a DroidForums addict

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I know it's awesome. I keep checking my toolbox

Hi my name is Domenic and im a DroidForums addict

mkowske

Reaction score
Hi, two questions --

1) v0.7 is only available in the Liberty Donate Toolbox in the Market. It cost $5, and you will always get the latest builds, v0.8 should be coming soon. They release previous versions to the public after the donate people get it and after it is confirmed to be stable. Not every release becomes a public release. Sometime we have to deal with new bugs, but are the first ones to have the old bugs patched.

2) Well the two part GB build is in two parts b/c that is the only way to get a rooted version of GB at this moment. They used to have a way to get from 2.0.1 to LGB, but it involved going through multiple GB leaks. Now when you get on the official rooted version of GB, you can just flash v0.6 (or v0.7) right over it, then you are good to go. I hear they are working on a direct path to go from 2.0.1 to LGB, but I prefer to install the official version of GB, then make a backup, so if I need to get to stock GB for future OTA updates or if I wanted to change ROMs (<--- ha), I could just restore my backup and not have to SBF. Just my way of thinking though.

That makes sense, thanks. I would like to have gingerbread on my phone but would rather not have to backup/install/redo my home screen every few weeks either. Do the version numbers < 1.0 signify beta releases? Should I wait or are things pretty set now?

OP
Koveleski

Koveleski

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.kovdev.com
That makes sense, thanks. I would like to have gingerbread on my phone but would rather not have to backup/install/redo my home screen every few weeks either. Do the version numbers < 1.0 signify beta releases? Should I wait or are things pretty set now?

Yes, although it's pretty darn stable and the bugs people are finding we're working steadily to rectify.

Droid annoymous

Reaction score
Can I just flash 07 over 06 without wipe or anything or how will I go about installing?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
You Could but I like to always wipe to have the cleanest ver possible. It also helps the devs have accurate data that in the end helps make a better rom for everyone!

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.7-Droid addict

simpsonao17

Reaction score
Crap v.8 requires a data wipe? Makes it more difficult to get my home screen like I have it and all customs. Love liberty though so will be dl no matter wat

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I use launcher pro and it had the option to backup your home screens (except the widgets). Easy

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.7-Droid addict

Status
Not open for further replies.