[ROM] Liberty Gingerbread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I'm still having problems with Google Music Beta playing on Liberty v0.7. I have tried with using customizer with aosp music, blur music or none at all. All with wiping and fresh reload in between. I can play music stored on my sdcard, but it will force close if I try to stream the music, both on 3G and WiFi. If there is a solution I missed in my searching, I appologize.
DX Liberty GB v0.7 with paid Liberty Toolbox

Go into the Liberty Toolbox and re-enable ads.

Then go to the market and download AdFree.

zer0ed77

Reaction score
Hey, guys. I am still looking for some help getting my gf's 2.0.1 Liberty device to Liberty GB. If there is a file I can flash in recovery, please direct me specifically to that file. So far, every guide I have read, specifically states I must sfb, which I cannot believe. I have been told the contrary is possible with a simple flash, but I cannot find the file. When I do find files, it is for the purposes of being sfb already. Thanks!

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
No you don't have to sbf. Search how to get rooted gb on d2 on google. It will take you to the droid life link. Dl this. Go into cw, do a wipe. Mount system and data and install zip from sd (monster file). Now dl toolbox on reboot and dl nightly. It will be put in the liberty/nightlies folder on your sd. Do it manually rather then letting the toolbox install it automatically. Do a wipe again and mount system and data and install lgb. Good to go!

Hi my name is Domenic and im a DroidForums addict

zer0ed77

Reaction score
No you don't have to sbf. Search how to get rooted gb on d2 on google. It will take you to the droid life link. Dl this. Go into cw, do a wipe. Mount system and data and install zip from sd (monster file). Now dl toolbox on reboot and dl nightly. It will be put in the liberty/nightlies folder on your sd. Do it manually rather then letting the toolbox install it automatically. Do a wipe again and mount system and data and install lgb. Good to go!

Thanks! I will take a look and try it out. If I cannot find that file, I may PM you.

beckerfj

Reaction score

Thanks! I will take a look and try it out. If I cannot find that file, I may PM you.

Here's the Droid Life link: Download: Official DROIDX Gingerbread 4.5.596 for Rooted Users - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

Here's the MyDroidWorld link: Official DX Gingerbread 2.3.3 (4.5.596) Release Thread - Something for everyone

The way I read this, you still have to SBF even if you are on Froyo (read Method Two on the MyDroidWorld link).

I guess you could try without SBFing, just note that if it fails, you'll likely have to SBF so be prepared.

Seems like this has been pretty successful for SBFing: Linux solution to your Windows/RSD lite problems

cjriddle22

Reaction score
Hey, guys. I am still looking for some help getting my gf's 2.0.1 Liberty device to Liberty GB. If there is a file I can flash in recovery, please direct me specifically to that file. So far, every guide I have read, specifically states I must sfb, which I cannot believe. I have been told the contrary is possible with a simple flash, but I cannot find the file. When I do find files, it is for the purposes of being sfb already. Thanks!

You will have to SBF. Or at least you should. Just use the links in this thread and you will be good to go. The old way of going from 2.0.1 involved going to a leaked version of GB. Then updating to another leak of GB (including kernel update), then installing the newest version of LGB (v0.6 or 0.7). Then you had to verify kernel and radio versions. The easiest way is to sbf to froyo (.340), then install two part rooted GB (.596), then flash Liberty (v0.6 or 0.7) right over the top of it. This will ensure the cleanest install possible (be sure to install data/cache wipes).

I got to LGB the first way (2.0.1 > v0.1 > v0.4 > v0.5 (with kernel) > v0.7), then ended up sbf'ing and just installing v0.7 right on top. It fixed a lot of the small force close errors I was having and made sure I was on the official base.

beckerfj

Reaction score
To continue along those lines, this is another thread with someone asking the same question. A member of Team Liberty suggested the same thing saying there is no direct path from 2.0.1 to GB (Koveleski). This basically says that if you do it another way, they cannot guarantee you won't have additional problems outside known bugs.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/showthread.php?p=1571688

2.0.1 to LibGB question

Apex 2.0 RC1

ryokox3

Reaction score
Is there a way to get .7 liberty from your pc? I did get the donate from the market but do not have wifi available at the moment.

Having Gingerbread rooted using the second method (installing part 1 then part 2) of the gingerbread for everyone thread.

Which is safer? using the rom manager from the first install method on this thread, or putting it on the sd card and installing through clockwork?

Thanks in advance all.

cjriddle22

Reaction score
Is there a way to get .7 liberty from your pc? I did get the donate from the market but do not have wifi available at the moment.

Having Gingerbread rooted using the second method (installing part 1 then part 2) of the gingerbread for everyone thread.

Which is safer? using the rom manager from the first install method on this thread, or putting it on the sd card and installing through clockwork?

Thanks in advance all.

I don't think there is a way to get v0.7 on your PC yet. You can try it over 3G, I have downloaded things from the toolbox over 3G before, it might just take a while.

I always download it from the toolbox, but manually install the file from within CW. I like to see and know exactly what is going on.

ryokox3

Reaction score
TY CJ, I think I'll just wait till tonight to get .07 and maybe load up .06 for now. I agree with you on using clockwork, it is nice to be in control

otaku91

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been asked before. I just installed 0.7 from the paid app. Is it normal for the banner on the pulldown menu and the lockscreen to say Liberty GB v0.6 or did I do something wrong?

Thanks!

kilahimm

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been asked before. I just installed 0.7 from the paid app. Is it normal for the banner on the pulldown menu and the lockscreen to say Liberty GB v0.6 or did I do something wrong?

Thanks!

Yep, that's normal. It was an oversight in the build. If it's really bothering you, it can be changed via roottools in the terminal.

otaku91

Reaction score

Thanks!

Yep, that's normal. It was an oversight in the build. If it's really bothering you, it can be changed via roottools in the terminal.

Nope, it doesn't bother me. Thanks!

cjriddle22

Reaction score

Thanks!

Nope, it doesn't bother me. Thanks!

You can also edit the pulldown text from within Liberty Customizer.

Also, if you have automatic updates checked under Liberty Settings, it will (or should) update the Liberty Version in the About Phone section.

Status
Not open for further replies.