[ROM] [ROM] Liberty 3 RC1 - Time for the Eagle to once again take Flight

Snagglefox

Reaction score
The App draw is a little slow and non-responsive at times. Also the phone seems to detect my touch a little to the right from where I'm actually touching sometimes. So far those are the only issues I'm having.

mswierse

Reaction score
Ok, so this is my first post... my name is mswierse and I'm a root virgin lol. Ok, not anymore, but close to it. I rooted my Bionic a week ago with the one click root. That was pretty easy. Today I became brave enough to try the new Liberty Rom. I like it so far. I have a couple things that i wanted to ask about though.
1. I like the calendar widget that came stock on the phone... can I get that to work now? I did use Titanium BU and Bionic Bootstrap prior to the Liberty Rom
2. Can I use Webtop and the hdmi mirroring?
3. Camera is supposed to be left from Blurr, but seems to be different that the stock camera. I don't have a big issue with this, but I can't find where to disable the shutter sounds. I know this is going to end up being a stupid question lol.

Hahaha, Just noticed that this wasn't my first post. I forgot that I signed up two years ago with my OG droid. I was to scared to root that or my Incredible, but decided to do it this time.

Tillmorn

Reaction score
The App draw is a little slow and non-responsive at times. Also the phone seems to detect my touch a little to the right from where I'm actually touching sometimes. So far those are the only issues I'm having.

I found this problem with releases 46-48. Sometimes, actually about 40% of the time, the stock launcher would not acknowledge my screen presses. What I ended up doing was throwing LP on top of it, and everything cleared right up.

Snagglefox

Reaction score
I found this problem with releases 46-48. Sometimes, actually about 40% of the time, the stock launcher would not acknowledge my screen presses. What I ended up doing was throwing LP on top of it, and everything cleared right up.

Sorry, I'm a bit new to ROMs and all. What's LP? lol

1willbur73

Reaction score
Ok, so this is my first post... my name is mswierse and I'm a root virgin lol. Ok, not anymore, but close to it. I rooted my Bionic a week ago with the one click root. That was pretty easy. Today I became brave enough to try the new Liberty Rom. I like it so far. I have a couple things that i wanted to ask about though.
1. I like the calendar widget that came stock on the phone... can I get that to work now? I did use Titanium BU and Bionic Bootstrap prior to the Liberty Rom
2. Can I use Webtop and the hdmi mirroring?
3. Camera is supposed to be left from Blurr, but seems to be different that the stock camera. I don't have a big issue with this, but I can't find where to disable the shutter sounds. I know this is going to end up being a stupid question lol.

1. Calendar widget was part of Moto blur. Try the market for other ones.
2. I believe you can use both, though I have not tried. Others confirmed it on another forum.
3. since you are already rooted, the shutter sound is easy. Using Root Explorer, you have to delete the actual file for the sound. Navigate to /system/media/audio/ui/camera_click.ogg. That file is the sound. So click "mount R/W" at the top of Root Explorer and delete (or rename) the file. Then Click the "Mount R/O" that is now at the top. Then do a reboot and you wont have a camera sound (until you flash a new rom that is!)

mswierse

Reaction score
1. Calendar widget was part of Moto blur. Try the market for other ones.
2. I believe you can use both, though I have not tried. Others confirmed it on another forum.
3. since you are already rooted, the shutter sound is easy. Using Root Explorer, you have to delete the actual file for the sound. Navigate to /system/media/audio/ui/camera_click.ogg. That file is the sound. So click "mount R/W" at the top of Root Explorer and delete (or rename) the file. Then Click the "Mount R/O" that is now at the top. Then do a reboot and you wont have a camera sound (until you flash a new rom that is!)

Thanks!
1. I tried different calendars widgets, but have not been able to find anything good. I need one that is basically the full screen and I can scroll through upcoming appointments.
2. I'll have to check into that more. I think I will need to restore some files from Titanium BU.
3. Renamed it, rebooted, and it worked great. Thanks again for the help.

powerwagon

Reaction score
Thanks!
1. I tried different calendars widgets, but have not been able to find anything good. I need one that is basically the full screen and I can scroll through upcoming appointments.
2. I'll have to check into that more. I think I will need to restore some files from Titanium BU.

Pure calendar and pure grid calendar is a very good calendar and appointment widget

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Tegamal

Reaction score
Loving this ROM so far!

Does anyone know how to get the stock Desk Home to work? Tried reinstalling it with Titanium, but no luck.

Not sure if it's a Motoblur thing or not. If so, that would explain why it isn't working.

Sent from my ROOTED DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

jtsativa420

Reaction score
Thanks!

Jorte calendar is a fav of mine.

Chiguy312

Reaction score
Hey guys. it's my first time with doing a ROM and didn't have any problems installing it but is there any word on any actual liberty themes we can use with the Droid Bionic? Maybe a rookie question or possibly something that has already been answered, sorry if it was just give me the link for me to look.

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. it's my first time with doing a ROM and didn't have any problems installing it but is there any word on any actual liberty themes we can use with the Droid Bionic? Maybe a rookie question or possibly something that has already been answered, sorry if it was just give me the link for me to look.

I'm using the cyanogenmod theme. It can be found here http://www.droidforums.net/forum/showthread.php?p=1803576

sent from my liberated bionic running transparent Droid forums