[ROM] [ROM] Liberty 3 RC1 - Time for the Eagle to once again take Flight

kejar31

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Liberty 3

The Eagle has once again taken Flight!!!
d31b.png

Notes:
* Please Wipe Data regardless of what ROM you come from
This is an RC build and will only include the base... themes and extras will come at a later date and time

Team Liberty
Primary Dev’s and project leads - Kejar31 and Jurmmy16
Smali Guru - Syaoran12
Artist - Koveleski

FABOLOUS for all his help on the DX port!
Thanks to Teamdouche for publicly posting the CM source, which I compiled some of my apps from
Thanks to Superteam and Dustin Jorge as Liberty-Laucher was forked from and based on their work
Everyone else who helped make this ROM possible - you know who you are

Features:
- Most all apps were built from source.... rather that decompiled and hacked apps via APKmanager!!!!! To do this I took the CM7 source tree and reworked the framework to allow apps to properly find resources after they were compiled.
- The only apps left from Blur are the Dialer, Contacts and Camera
- AppWidgetPicker - built byboombuler
- Ads blocked via hosts file -thanks to delta_foxtrot2
- 1% battery increments built in (Icons made by thanks to Nitro)
- Themed Dialer, Contacts, Task Manager by me to integrate into the stock GB look and feel
- Reboot options (Reboot,Recovery and Screenshot)
- DSPManager included!
- Custom Launcher2 with extra hotseats and speed tweaks (lightest fastest launcher you will ever use)

Known Issues:

Disclaimer:
I nor anyone in Team Liberty take any responsibility for what this ROM or its tools may do to your phone.

Download:

Liberty 3 RC1

Updates:

Install - CWM only:
make sure you have root and Clockwork recovery installed
-boot into recovery via Recovery
-select "wipe data/factory reset"
-select "Yes -- delete all data"
-go back
-select "install zip from sdcard"
-select "choose zip from sdcard"
-find and select LibertyXX.zip
-reboot

Install Themes:
-boot into recovery via Recovery
-select "install zip from sdcard"
-select "choose zip from sdcard"
-find and select LibertyXthemeX.zip
-reboot

Donate:

Donate to Kejar31
Donate to Jrummy16

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Might have to try this one out...like to see what's different than what you released earlier..

wooddale

Reaction score
Im in an extended service area anyone if Ibcan flash this rom? I know you have to be on a actual verizon tower to activate your phone.

Dewalt12

Reaction score
Haven't had much time to play on this but so far im loving it!!....great job guys and thanks for making my bionic tha shizznit!

Sent from my Bad ass DROID BIONIC running Liberty 3 RC1

GohanBurner

Reaction score
Well I finally got it all set up. Its amazing, I'm FINALLY back to my Gingerbread look which I missed so much with my OGD. The only thing I need, personally, to make it just perfect is the notification bar from CM7 (ie: compact carrier label, customizable toggle widgets, and customizable carrier name).

zZvaNyaZz

Reaction score
Great work as always! Have no issues whatsoever.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Folks remember to mark this as installed, the developers will thank you for it :)

wooddale

Reaction score
I wanna flash this rom so bad but Im scared because Im in a extended service area and Affraid Ill loose my signal If I do Im screwed no service no phone. Cant activate a phone unless your on a Verizon tower. When you flash a rom you do a factory reset wipe all data so its like doing a reset from Verizon except you dont have to make a call or anything which means you never lost signal just not sure. Ill be home in Illinois in my 4G area Wed may have to wait till then.

doctordoctor

Reaction score
any thoughts vs. Th3ory ROM? I just got 2.0 all set up but game for trying other things! Just curious on other users experiences. I know there is no right or wrong answer... just would like to hear your opinions. Thanks!!!

Dewalt12

Reaction score
I came from th3ory 1.7 and I absolutely love what he does but ive just been a fan liberty roms since my DX so that's what I'll be running for a while...its honestly all in personal preferences cause both are great!! I'm glad to have different options with the bionic.

th3absurdhero

Reaction score
any thoughts vs. Th3ory ROM? I just got 2.0 all set up but game for trying other things! Just curious on other users experiences. I know there is no right or wrong answer... just would like to hear your opinions. Thanks!!!

Ive been playing around with both for a minute i can say liberty rom is for those who want that true gingerbread feel taking advantage of bionic powerful specs. While blurr3d is for those who like the new moto blur UI but with more butter, both have pull down power widget, and web top etc. its all in your preference regardless their both very stable, very fast and super awesome!

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Do the downloads have to be done from a computer? Tried several times from phone but fails every time.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

SoDroid

Reaction score
Has anyone tried Redzone on NFL Moblie? Just want to confirm it works before flashing.