[ROM] [ROM] Liberty 3 RC1 - Time for the Eagle to once again take Flight

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Reinstalled the ROM and now I can download Google Books. My app draw is also no longer laggy like I mentioned earlier in the thread.

Guess I just got a corrupted download.

Good to hear, glad it's working better for you!:)

sent from my liberated bionic using tapatalk

levi2502

Reaction score
any thoughts vs. Th3ory ROM? I just got 2.0 all set up but game for trying other things! Just curious on other users experiences. I know there is no right or wrong answer... just would like to hear your opinions. Thanks!!!
I think the Th3ory rom has the update in it. After using 2.0 I noticed that i got better 3 g service. The sys version is 886 whereas it is 893 on the 2.0. I think the 2.0 may have a little more blur on it still. Both are good roms.

bryan847

Reaction score
Does this work on Droid 3? Because I know the two phones are very similar, and I saw KShen using liberty ROM on droid 3...

marleyinoc

Reaction score
I am almost positive that there is different zip for d3. One may work with other but there will definitely be issues somewhere, especially since I think these are still roms based more on phone than aosp. I think I'm in the ballpark saying this.

via DroidForums on a Bionic running Liberty RC1

wooddale

Reaction score
Im stock rooted can I just flash RC1 in CW? I also have the liberty tool box and it said something about making sure Iwas on the latest update to flash rom.

marleyinoc

Reaction score
Im stock rooted can I just flash RC1 in CW? I also have the liberty tool box and it said something about making sure Iwas on the latest update to flash rom.

I see that now.in rok toolbox too. I followed instructions in original release thread and did not have any official release nor do I know of one, really. The radio change wasn't included in original rc1 because it was considered a leak and until official you could have some issues getting on right upgrade path..

So going to assume that as of now there is no official ota and you can use rom toolbox to flash that rc1

Let us know how that turns out :)

wooddale

Reaction score
I see that now.in rok toolbox too. I followed instructions in original release thread and did not have any official release nor do I know of one, really. The radio change wasn't included in original rc1 because it was considered a leak and until official you could have some issues getting on right upgrade path..

So going to assume that as of now there is no official ota and you can use rom toolbox to flash that

Let us know how that turns out :)

Thanks I didnt want to get it anyway Iherd it doesnt fix the data problem anyway. Is the phone any snappier since you flashed the rom? Ive had Liberty on every droid I have had.

marleyinoc

Reaction score
I feel it is faster but I realize at this point I'm biased due to having done it. The launcher doesn't have the bells and whistles of blur so I have to consider that. And I never tried a custom launcher on stock/rooted. Still Yeah it feels really fast. Quadrant etc seems about where other stock rooted folks are though.

wooddale

Reaction score
I feel it is faster but I realize at this point I'm biased due to having done it. The launcher doesn't have the bells and whistles of blur so I have to consider that. And I never tried a custom launcher on stock/rooted. Still Yeah it feels really fast. Quadrant etc seems about where other stock rooted folks are though.

I got Launcher pro plus its pretty good or Im just used to had it for almost 2yrs. I also have a Thunderbolt rooted on Bamf forever. Its quite a bit faster than stock rooted Bionic. Was hoping Liberty would kick.it up a notch.I cant flash a rom tillbI get back home Wed Im running on a network extender ajd Im affrai I will loose signal if I try nd flash Cant wait to get ome.

jtsativa420

Reaction score
any thoughts vs. Th3ory ROM? I just got 2.0 all set up but game for trying other things! Just curious on other users experiences. I know there is no right or wrong answer... just would like to hear your opinions. Thanks!!!

I too have used liberty for ever and one could say I'm biased. Although i love the th3ory rom, libertys fb app syncs w contacs automatically so there are no duplicates, it is faster, i have found, in running applications i use on a daily basis (four square, fb, etc), I have had less 3G problems but I can't say if that's th3ory or the network after only one day, and I believe to have better battery life with it.

Th3ory is much more customizeable at this point but again i havne't played w liberty enough to know for sure. Also there are still a few bugs with th3ory which, with the current update, seem to be getting worked out (contact font color and one other i can't recall of the top of my head). I am game for trying new things out as well and will be flashing a th3ory rom again in the near future. :)

I haven't run speed test yet but will b e shortly and can report back if you'd like.

Insanelycool

Reaction score
awesome!

first of all let me say that this is sleek and fast. i love liberty since it started and was looking forward to justice rom, but liberty three looks like exacttly what i was craving. i was on cynogen mod recently and liked certain aspects of itt, but i am a loyal liberty lover at this point. so lets get to the problem and the couple small gripes i found. first i tend to set up the launcher with the two extra buttons, glad to see the option, but when i tried to put the phone button on a different button than default it placed the contacts icon instead and says no installed app when i click it, it does the same if i actually select the contacts app to place there... weird. only bug i have found thus far. now onto my gripes i hope get fixed. when going to landscape mode the launcher goes back to only the inside two icons and apps screen icon. i would like to see all the icons in portrait and landscape. the only other gripe is that i dont like the gingerbread apps screen with the starwars effect or whatever. never liked it and it scrolls weird cause the icons 'bounce into place on the grid when scrolling. would love to have the option in launcher settings to use the old froyo look as i feel it was simple and more responsive. thats it so fa... love the new build guys.... amazing job. battery life is vastly improved as well.

jtsativa420

Reaction score
An aftermarket launcher will solve your gripes. Launcher pro works great for me.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is there any way to modify the drop down power widget in status bar?

sent from my liberated bionic using tapatalk