[ROM] GummyJAR - Stripped down and geared towards SPEED!!!! - release 1.0 - 12/08

OP
K

kejar31

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
1.6 is very nice and speedy. Thank you. Question before this rom I was on apex 1.3 another quality rom build 2.3.340, now on yours its telling me 2.3.320? Since my kernals, bootloader are 2.4.340, what does this mean to for me since I've reverted backwards?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Does not matter... 320 and 340 work with one another.. the bootloader is the same for both the kernel if you did the update.zip will be different but they work with one anouther.

BTW: Glad you like the ROM :)

I will work on getting GummyJAR fully updated to 340 next week.

dx1881

Reaction score
I appreciate the reply, good info to know and move forward with .. im still using the rom, I like having to install what I want to use

dx1881

Reaction score
Did notice one thing, its not recognizing my location there for not updating any type of weather widget. Any ideas, this hasn't been an issue before. Thanks for your hard work

OP
K

kejar31

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Did notice one thing, its not recognizing my location there for not updating any type of weather widget. Any ideas, this hasn't been an issue before. Thanks for your hard work

Funny you should mention that because that is just what I was working on.

New release out now fixes the market restore issue, the network locations issue and updates the base to 340.

Have fun :)

tigsfan

Reaction score
Love the ROM, but noticed two issues (with v1.6):

1) When going to stock Music -> Audio Effects, the Music app FCs.

2) PowerAmp (a popular music app in market) shows "scanning library" then closes.

Just wanted to pass these issues along and tell you that the ROM is great!

OP
K

kejar31

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Love the ROM, but noticed two issues (with v1.6):

1) When going to stock Music -> Audio Effects, the Music app FCs.

2) PowerAmp (a popular music app in market) shows "scanning library" then closes.

Just wanted to pass these issues along and tell you that the ROM is great!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

1. Yes I was able to reproduse this issue and will look into it...

2. I was not able to reproduse this issue as poweramp seemed to scan my sdcard without an issue. Just an fyi I have 8 gigs of music on my phone

Maybe you might try to unistall and reinstall the app. Also you can try and clear data

tigsfan

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response.

Wiped Data/Cache and installed GummyJAR 1.7. PowerAmp working great!

Applications in the market still didn't restore for me, but other then that this ROM is running great.

dx1881

Reaction score
Downloading now, thx for the quick responses and awesome rom

dx1881

Reaction score
What themes are compatible with gummyjar 1.7? Im being lazy and am not wanting to experiment

Dustin.

Reaction score
Just upgraded and rooted .340, downloaded your ROM waiting for my phone to boot up right now.

The screen shots made the ROM look awesome, I'm going to run it for a few days and I'll post back and let you know what I think.

EDIT - First time trying to run got stuck in a boot loop.. Not a big deal. For future reference of others, if this occurs to you and your wondering what to do, instead of blowing up this mans thread. Hold on POWER + HOME, once "M" shows up, release POWER and continue to hold HOME, then once you see the little Android dude, release HOME and hit the SEARCH button. Wipe Data, Wipe Cache, Reboot System. You'll be good to go.

And on another not, ROM is wicked fast, looks amazing, and runs very, very smooth. Amazing job for your first ROM, keep up the good work and I can assure that you will end up being just as known as Ang, Fab, and Chevy, they all do amazing work, and your on a great path my friend.

Last edited:

millbean

Reaction score
running 1.7 very smooth ! like the bootanimation. by chance is there any way to metamorph the sliders to totally transparent confuses the hell out of people when someone asks to see my phone dancedroid

OP
K

kejar31

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
What themes are compatible with gummyjar 1.7? Im being lazy and am not wanting to experiment

Themes are being worked on as we speak :)

jerichi

Reaction score
aefcb12e-e190-69ab.jpg
aefcb12e-ddd0-4300.jpg

Waiting for approval but this is a theme im working on for GummyJar

bcals0087

Reaction score
job well done on 1.7. It'll be a keeper for a while...only two suggestions.

The gingerbread theme for adw should be installed by default, but that's just my opinion

second, the email app requires security and must have a pin or password to unlock phone...the only way to get around this is by loading the rubix version, which requires nothing. This is how I get around it; by installing the one from rubix.

otherwise great job, and i'll keep my eyes open for anything that's a little out a whack

Edit: My only complaint would be that every hard button turns on the screen, not just the home button. Is there any way to fix this?

Last edited:
OP
K

kejar31

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Just tested the email app and it worked without an issue for me.

Although I did verify the unlock with any hardkey issue.. will look into it

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk