[ROM] GummyJAR - Stripped down and geared towards SPEED!!!! - release 1.0 - 12/08

bcals0087

Reaction score
Just tested the email app and it worked without an issue for me.

Although I did verify the unlock with any hardkey issue.. will look into it

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Really? Every time I have to give the corporate email app security permissions and it requires a pin or password upon unlock. For me the only way was to use the rubix version. I don't know how he bipassed that feature, but it sure is worth it to use that one

OP
K

kejar31

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

Really? Every time I have to give the corporate email app security permissions and it requires a pin or password upon unlock. For me the only way was to use the rubix version. I don't know how he bipassed that feature, but it sure is worth it to use that one

Oh you mean the corp email account not the email program. You said using the Rubix version fixes this? I don't have a corporate account to test... I will reach out to Droid2169 and see if I can just include his on the next release if it fixes it.. could you pm me so that I can have you test and see if the changes work?

bcals0087

Reaction score

Oh you mean the corp email account not the email program. You said using the Rubix version fixes this? I don't have a corporate account to test... I will reach out to Droid2169 and see if I can just include his on the next release if it fixes it.. could you pm me so that I can have you test and see if the changes work?

Yep no problem pm sent

mbh87

Reaction score

Not really sure I would consider that an issue, I actually like it better than only being able to hit the home button to wake the phone.

bcals0087

Reaction score
To me its a battery killer if the phone is in your pocket and the hard buttons get pressed it is less likely for 1 out of the 4 will get pressed rather than the 4 out of 4 to turn the screen on

Last edited:
OP
K

kejar31

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
OK guys 1.8 is out.... Let me know if you run into any issues.. Will be back online after work.

gamemaster333

Reaction score
I switched from rubiX 1.9 and I LOVE this ROM. Gmail notifications did not work on rubiX no matter what i tried. This ROM has the perfect blend of AOSP, Gingerbread theme, transition animations and it is speedy as hell! Gingerbread keyboard is a little small, but I can manage. Great job kejar! I'm really digging your work.

OP
K

kejar31

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I switched from rubiX 1.9 and I LOVE this ROM. Gmail notifications did not work on rubiX no matter what i tried. This ROM has the perfect blend of AOSP, Gingerbread theme, transition animations and it is speedy as hell! Gingerbread keyboard is a little small, but I can manage. Great job kejar! I'm really digging your work.

Thanks, glad you like it!

Keyboard sizes can be adjusted if more people ask for it I will give it a try

gamemaster333

Reaction score
I would love it if you could make the gingerbread keyboard roughly the same size as the stock DX mt keyboard. Also, I just flashed 1.8 and I noticed that the screen lock timer is missing from the location and security menu. Is that normal?

OP
K

kejar31

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I would love it if you could make the gingerbread keyboard roughly the same size as the stock DX mt keyboard. Also, I just flashed 1.8 and I noticed that the screen lock timer is missing from the location and security menu. Is that normal?

Yea its normal... GummyJAR no longer uses the settings from moto... the GummyJAR settings are built from source so you may see some differences

millbean

Reaction score
New Google voice search causing fc when pressing the search hard key. I'm running 1.8 and yes its fast

OP
K

kejar31

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Thanks for letting me know I will look into it!

gamemaster333

Reaction score
So there's no way to change the settings to make the pattern lock come on after the screen has been turned off?

Dustin.

Reaction score
I'll third that, if you were to adjust the size a bit bigger, stock DXMT keyboard seems a little too big.. (Just my thoughts..)

But yeah, I bigger keyboard is really all this is missing! Other than that, awesome work bro. Keep it up!