[ROM]Fission 2.4 Droid2 Global-Vanilla Generic Android-AOSP Like-Fission ROM Manager

tebower

Reaction score
He also tweeted that he is selling his Droid 2 Globals. That can't bode well for future ROM work.

mrapollinax

Reaction score
Correct. It is a bit disingenuous to only partially quote him. Here is the complete statement:

Angdroid on twitter said:
Need to raise some cash...selling Droid2 Global. White and black. No this is not dev device and global ROMs are safe. $300 like new.

tebower

Reaction score
I read that tweet to say that he is selling one D2G, and then he indicates to a potential buyer that "no this is not a dev device." It doesn't say he's keeping anything. There has never been a "dev" version of the D2G, anyway.

Reaction score
I read that tweet to say that he is selling one D2G, and then he indicates to a potential buyer that "no this is not a dev device." It doesn't say he's keeping anything. There has never been a "dev" version of the D2G, anyway.

Right, but 90% of the people that are new to the forum would have no idea that there was never a Dev D2G, and many would assume that a Developer would have a Dev phone. Also, "and Global ROMs are safe" is a pretty good indicator that we're ok. Why so alarmist?

mrapollinax

Reaction score

Right, but 90% of the people that are new to the forum would have no idea that there was never a Dev D2G, and many would assume that a Developer would have a Dev phone. Also, "and Global ROMs are safe" is a pretty good indicator that we're ok. Why so alarmist?

Agreed. Yes there wasn't a "dev" version of the D2G. However a developer will need a phone to develop against to verify compatibility with hardware. Kinda like there isn't a "dev" Nook Color but there is a bunch of developers working with the Hardware available to check compatibility.

jcl197

Reaction score
Exactly he has one D2G that he uses as his "dev" phone to test on and what not.

Agreed. Yes there wasn't a "dev" version of the D2G. However a developer will need a phone to develop against to verify compatibility with hardware. Kinda like there isn't a "dev" Nook Color but there is a bunch of developers working with the Hardware available to check compatibility.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

Swirly

Reaction score
AngDroid Twitter: "New DX & D2G ROMs will be posted late PM or early AM. Need to perform server maintenance and then ROMs will be posted." ( Heck Yeah!)

Sent from my D2G w/ Fission

Neverblu

Reaction score
Looks like it might be the last D2G Fission update after this...

My guess is this will be the last Fission update for D2G after this is released if it ever does get released
AngDroid
Need to raise some cash...selling Droid2 Global. White and black. No this is not dev device and global ROMs are safe. $300 like new.
about 3 hours ago via Twitter for Android

Swirly

Reaction score
I just posted the New D2G Rom's will b posted later PM early AM today... read threads plz

Neverblu

Reaction score
I know dude, and im saying based on the post by angdroid after the one that says he will be posting the rom updates later tonight, that him selling his droid 2 global makes me think that after the update is released tonight/tommorrow morning, that will probably be the last update...how do you dev without a test phone, guess work? I think not, re-read what I posted..

Swirly

Reaction score
U know what... that's a good thought. Never thought of that... dang I hope not tho

473x15

Reaction score
U not the first who did some else already did so keep ur eyes open.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

mreyn3693

Reaction score
I know dude, and im saying based on the post by angdroid after the one that says he will be posting the rom updates later tonight, that him selling his droid 2 global makes me think that after the update is released tonight/tommorrow morning, that will probably be the last update...how do you dev without a test phone, guess work? I think not, re-read what I posted..

Angdroid stated in that tweet that it wasn't the dev device he was selling and d2g roms were safe:)