[ROM]Fission 2.4 Droid2 Global-Vanilla Generic Android-AOSP Like-Fission ROM Manager

MegaThrasher

Reaction score
Check Angdroids twitter D2G updates sometime this weekend.

Sent from my Droid 2 Global running Fission 2.4.3

mrapollinax

Reaction score
My market issue just fixed itself this afternoon. All of a sudden my phone tells me that I have updates available and lo and behold, all my apps are back!

tebower

Reaction score
Something had to have been awry with your market syncing with your Gmail account, and it ended up working itself out. That's great!

grimloktt

Reaction score
Sorry I didn't yet take the time to read through all these posts. Can someone quickly inform me whether if someone installs the latest Fission Rom will they also need to install the hotfixes or are they already included in the current ROM? Thnx!!!

ExodusC

Reaction score
Has anyone who is running Fission had an issue where your Droid will lock to 100% CPU usage, even though no app is using it?

I think it might be a Fission issue.

I really hope AngDroid can update the D2G Fission build. He said he was redoing a lot of it and building off the latest framework, so I hope it will fix some of my issues.

I honestly might SBF to stock, as every time I try to revert to the rooted stock ROM via Fission ROM Manager, I get stuck at the Verizon Backup Assistant screen (not sure what to do about that).

Any ideas? I just want my Droid to work correctly at this point.

mrapollinax

Reaction score
ExodusC, I have been running with 2.4.3 Fission and have not seen the behavior you are describing. How are you monitoring the CPU usage?

ExodusC

Reaction score
ExodusC, I have been running with 2.4.3 Fission and have not seen the behavior you are describing. How are you monitoring the CPU usage?
Well, first of all, when it happens, I can feel the device slow down. The UI will slow to a crawl (from smooth to 5 to 10FPS I'd say). That's generally the first thing I notice. It also can take a good ten seconds for apps to close and such. If I open any app, it reads the CPU as running at 1200MHz, with 100% utilization. I've tried multiple apps, they all read the same thing.

The thing is, no app appears to be using the CPU. Closing all apps has no effect.

The only way I've found to fix it is to restart the phone.

I'll try to answer any other questions about it, but it's not really something I can replicate at will, but it does happen rather often.

Genetics

Reaction score
I've seen this happen when I have less then 75mb system memory left. Almost like the system is not able to reassign the necessary memory. I can kill my active apps and then it is fine. Does not happen often though.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

WPThunder25

Reaction score
I can't get this ROM to install properly.

I paid the $5 to get Fission ROM Manager and I couldn't even get it to work through that so I just did it in recovery. It looked like it downloaded although the log looked short compared to other ROM's I have flashed. I rebooted it and it gets stuck on the Android logo until I pull the battery and restore a backup.

Any help?

grimloktt

Reaction score
I can't get this ROM to install properly.

I paid the $5 to get Fission ROM Manager and I couldn't even get it to work through that so I just did it in recovery. It looked like it downloaded although the log looked short compared to other ROM's I have flashed. I rebooted it and it gets stuck on the Android logo until I pull the battery and restore a backup.

Any help?

I just did this for the first time last night. I followed these steps precisely. Install Instructions and Downloads | Team DeFuse

WPThunder25

Reaction score
Alright got it installed somehow but now the Market force closes when I go to open it.

Edit: Ugh, got it fixed I had to clear data in the manage applications setting. Sorry for all the questions I think I got everything running smoothly now.

currentweb

Reaction score
Well, NYC is in sight from the right hills.

Well, its the end of the weekend and still no update. Come on AngDroid! I was such a huge fan of you with my X! Lots of updates and you always kept (close to) schedule. Now I had to switch to the Global due to work and nothing. AngDroid, if you are reading this, please give me the full technical breakdown of why the Global is harder to build for. I'm not doubting that it is, I just need to know why. Please, from a donator to a dev, tell me.

mreyn3693

Reaction score

Well, its the end of the weekend and still no update. Come on AngDroid! I was such a huge fan of you with my X! Lots of updates and you always kept (close to) schedule. Now I had to switch to the Global due to work and nothing. AngDroid, if you are reading this, please give me the full technical breakdown of why the Global is harder to build for. I'm not doubting that it is, I just need to know why. Please, from a donator to a dev, tell me.

LOL, I've been checking teamdefuse.com and angrdoids twitter every chance I get all weekend. There's technically a few hours left in the weekend where I am, so I'm still hoping. :)

this is my first droid phone (d2g) and I love it running fission 2.4.3. I understand your frustration, as I have been waiting just as long as everybody else. If angdroid was good about keeping up with the other droid devices then there must be something about the d2g's that's difficult. I agree it would be nice to know but either way...I'm just waiting on the update. Whenever I start to think impatiently(which has happened), I just remember that without angdroid we wouldn't have any custom ROM to run on our d2gs at all.

Here's hoping that there will be an update within a few hours. Cheers

mrapollinax

Reaction score
Disclaimer: I am not a ROM developer, but I do have some coding background/experience.

To find out why it is harder to port ASOP over to D2G vs DX/D2 etc here are the simple steps:

1. Obtain SBF files for the D2G and whatever phone you think it should be keeping up with in terms of Fission release

2. Decompile the SBFs

3. Decompile the img files inside those SBFs

4. Diff the frameworks.

5. Marvel and be thankful that other developers are doing all this crap for us and go out and donate for their time and effort.

I know it is oversimplifying things just a tad (with the exception of step 5) but seriously. If you think it is easy to do this stuff then download the Android SDK Tool set and get cracking. I on the other hand will wait patiently for the next release.

tebower

Reaction score
Does anyone know if angdroid monitors any specific discussion forum for his ROMs? I don't use Twitter, but I know he posts to that often.