Fission ROM and Fission ROM Manager for Droid2 Global

Reaction score
I've only had it installed for about 30 min. but its seems even smoother with app transitions. Right now im reinstalling all of my apps.

Reaction score
My download was about 32. something

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

Last edited:

shagoyjo

Reaction score
Still too scared without am sbf! What if I need warranty repair? I can't flash back and unroot. Be careful Gents (and ladies).

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

OP
AngDroid

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Still too scared without am sbf! What if I need warranty repair? I can't flash back and unroot. Be careful Gents (and ladies).

You can use your nandroid backup of the OEM image :)

OP
AngDroid

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Running great for me so far Ang! Excited to see what you do in the future on this ROM!! Thanks again

This was the first build and I should have up to par with the D2 and DX ROMs today or tomorrow. Still some graphical glitches that I will be fixing when I redo the framework.

All updates should come as update files that can be installed right over so no need to wipe data and/or cache.

shagoyjo

Reaction score
@angdroid that seems right but if you've wiped the bootstrapper from you phone with the factory wipe and you bork the flash what is the guarantee you can get to clockworkmod to flash that backup? Maybe I'm not clear on the way koush's bootstrapper works for this phone.... could you explain what I'm missing?

OP
AngDroid

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
@angdroid that seems right but if you've wiped the bootstrapper from you phone with the factory wipe and you bork the flash what is the guarantee you can get to clockworkmod to flash that backup? Maybe I'm not clear on the way koush's bootstrapper works for this phone.... could you explain what I'm missing?

bootstrap works by a "hijack" on boot up. A file is created for bootstrap if there was an error in booting and if that file exists it will load bootstrap.

If you had to send in for warranty I would do the following steps.
Restore your OEM backup, I have one handy for those that may need it.
Unistall Droid2 Bootstrap from Applications within Android
unroot using z4root
and then perform a factory reset

The way I have the ROMs installing now only touches the app and framework folder, thats why the file size is so small. It deletes the OEM folders and replaces them with the ones I created. If something goes wrong with the flash. the bootstrap files are not touched so you can always get back into bootstrap and flash something different or restore backup.

With Fission ROM Manager you can select all the options for ROM or package install right within Android and do not need to mess with doing it in Bootstrap.

If I did not think this method was safe then I would have not published ROM. There is always a chance something can go wrong but if all install instructions are followed you should be ok.

I ran into bootloops a few times while working on the framework and had no problem getting back into recovery :)

shagoyjo

Reaction score
Ty for clarifying, I'm used to the adp1 recovery style. This clears up a lot of confusion.

OP
AngDroid

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Ty for clarifying, I'm used to the adp1 recovery style. This clears up a lot of confusion.

I was use to SPRecovery on the Original Droid and it took me awhile to get use to this too.

shagoyjo

Reaction score
Yeah for me it was Amonra's recovery, which got flashed over the stock. This was after manually flashing radio and haykuro's deathspl. Scary times, this is hella easier.

zero7404

Reaction score
id like to get my hands on the latest released/official (not RC1) of fission for the d2g or the oem rom you mentioned, could you post a link to it so i can d/l ?

i got the fone new @ home, i want a vanilla rom (dont like moto's ui), so after root & bootstrap im loading a fresh rom.

OP
AngDroid

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Droid 2 Global Fission 2.3.1 RC2 will be up on FRM within a hour or two. Almost done with framework :D