OP
AngDroid

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Please see first post in this thread for more info :D

Fission Drod 2 Global 2.3.1 RC1 will be up in a few hours :)

leobg

Reaction score

AngDroid, what are you including in this rom? Is it a clear ASOP build? The major thing I look for is the IPsec VPN client D2G has - will it be in for example?

And - oh, God damned SBF, where are you!?!?

OP
AngDroid

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

AngDroid, what are you including in this rom? Is it a clear ASOP build? The major thing I look for is the IPsec VPN client D2G has - will it be in for example?

And - oh, God damned SBF, where are you!?!?

Right now it will be exactly like Fission for the D2 and DX. I have not added the VPN client yet. It will be added if there are no Blur dependencies. I will need a tester or two to test VPN so once the ROM is published we can start testing that.

I have to work today from 12-7 so I am trying to get the first RC build out before I leave :)

shagoyjo

Reaction score
Unfortunately this is my production phone sip it's still no joy till we have an sbf. :(

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

leobg

Reaction score
Yeah - and I am not in the States - having to get it exchanged it will be a real hassle for me.

But once SBF is in - count me in as a beta tester!!

OP
AngDroid

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Droid 2 Global Fission 2.3.1 RC1 is done and look for it tonight on Fission ROM Manager :)

I would post it now but I need and want to write very clear simple instructions so no one ends up with a brick.

The install process is so easy with FRM and it is almost mistake proof. There is always a chance of something going wrong but I have been flashing all night and day so far and have not bricked it yet :-D

If you are going to be a Fission user than I suggest you do the following to prepare for the Fission Flash.

MAKE A BACKUP!!!!
Root Phone
Install Bootstrap recovery
Install the latest Fission ROM Manager Lite or Fission ROM Manager full which can be found at www.teamdefuse.com under ROMs and Themes section.

We have to build an updated FRM Lite so it may not appear on it as soon as it does with FRM Full. Please be patient as a lot of work is going on with ROMs, website, FRM and with some internal changes. We are hoping to have things done by Friday but it looks like it will be over the weekend that all of the current projects are complete.

Tasks that need to be completed for Fission D2 Global before we remove the RC status:
Fix keyboard theme
Get the SIM packages working
Redo Framework so it matches AOSP. I am rebuilding the stock moto D2 Global framework from scratch so it matches other Fission and AOSP builds exactly. The first RC uses default framework so the theme will be current D2G theme.

Thanks for all the support!

OP
AngDroid

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Here it is...

small change of plans...Going to post RC1 with manual install method. Please follow all directions closesly.

MAKE A BACKUP!!!!
Root Phone
Install Bootstrap recovery
Download Fission D2 Global 2.3.1 RC1 HERE
Reboot install recovery
Wipe Cache
Wipe Data
Mount System
Mount Data
Install ROM
Once in Android, go to privacy and perform factory reset.
After reset is preformed then enjoy new ROM.

This is RC1 so expect a few bugs and the framework is still moto. Please check my last posts for things that need to be completed.

Best way to stay up to date is to follow me on Twitter and to get Fission ROM Manager. Updates will be coming quickly and I do not want to waste time updating threads when it can be spent on building ROM.

Install at your own risk so be carefull and follow every step exactly

ikt

Reaction score
@ikt could you clarify what you mean by overclock zips? I thought all that team defuse had released for the droid two global was a deodexed busyboxed oem.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

in the downloads section of the ROM manager was some zips for overclock, must be for DG2 not DG2 Global

leobg

Reaction score
AngDroid, does this rom support CDMA/GSM switching? Will GSM/HSPA work?

Reaction score
I've got it up and running with no problems. Just follow the directions given and you should be okay.

Last edited: