[ROM]Fission 2.3.1 RC2 Droid2 Global-Vanilla Android-AOSP Like-Fission ROM Manager

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
[ROM]Fission 2.3.1 RC4 Droid2 Global-Vanilla Android-AOSP Like-Fission ROM Manager

For more info about Fission please visit this THREAD

Please follow all install instructions exactly! We do not have SBF yet to recover bricked phones so you are installing the ROM at your own risk. Myself nor any team member of Team DeFuse will be responsible if you soft brick your phone.

I am creating a seperate Droid 2 Global Fission thread because it is still in RC stage so some bugs will be different than the D2 and DX builds. We will get to the same level soon, actually the D2 Global ROM is coming together nicer than the other two, IMHO.

Whats new in RC2:
The ROM has been completely rebuilt from RC1. Same functions, less glitches.

If you are coming from RC1 or any other ROM please wipe data and cache before and after install. Make sure you perform a back up.

Notes:
All apps that can be updated via Android Market have been removed. To find the apps quickly just search market for Google Inc.

You must have root and koush's droid2 bootstrap installed before installing ROM. I suggest use z4root.apk to obtain root. You can find bootstrap in market or do a search for Koush's website.

Install Instructions - Manual Way Through Clockwork Recovery
Wipe Cache
Wipe Data
Mount System
Mount Data
When System and Data are mounted recovery will display UNMOUNT; which means it is mounted and if you select it again it will unmount.
Install ROM
Wipe Cache
Wipe Data
Reboot
Enjoy!

Install Instructions - Fission ROM Manager
Open Droid 2 or Droid X Bootstrapper (download the one for your phone.)
Tap ?Bootstrap Recovery?
Tap “Allow” if asked to grant SU Persmission
Tap “OK’ on “Success” screen
Exit Droid 2 or Droid X Bootstrapper
Download Fission ROM Manager and place it on your SD Card
Install the program by selecting it using Files or Astro File Manager application
After installing the app, open it.
Optional: Now would be a good time to enable WiFi on your phone.
After the program opens, choose List Downloads in the bottom left corner.
After the list is loaded, select the latest version of Fission by tapping it on the list.
It will prompt if you want to download. Select yes.
After it completes, the version you downloaded will have a check near it. Tap the selection again and it will prompt if you would like to add it to the install queue. Select yes.
Now to install the new version, the install queue at the bottom of the screen is now enabled. Tap that. A new screen will show.
Create a back-up by checking the option at the top of the screen.
Tap the pull down (which says don’t wipe), it will will expland, choose wipe cache+data.
Now, choose install at the bottom left corner. Your phone will reboot and begin the install process.
After the install process is complete, the phone will reboot again.

PLEASE FOLLOW ALL INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY!

Changelog:
RC2 --> RC4
Market issues now fixed
Lots of changes to framework
Media apps are now moto apps; cam, music and gallery
more fine tuning

What needs to be completed:
Sim card functions need to be added in. This will come as an add-on package later tonight. So do not use this ROM if you need sim card access right away.

Some graphics need to be fixed up.

If you need to activate phone and on screen keyboard does not pop up then slide out keyboard and press 1 on the physical keyboard.

Downloads & More Info can be found HERE

Last edited:

hailtothetheif83

Reaction score
Having issue trying to instal from the FRM every time I try to DL gives me error 404.

Also went to the site to DL but was still showing RC1 not RC2

sooner2k1

Reaction score
Wipe Cache
Wipe Data
Mount System
Mount Data
When System and Data are mounted recovery will display UNMOUNT; which means it is mounted and if you select it again it will unmount.
Install ROM
Wipe Cache
Wipe Data
Reboot
Enjoy!

http://www.teamdefuse.com

I'm confused, the instructions on teamdefuse.com don't say anything about mounting the system and data. I didn't do that, would that be why my clean install of 2.3.1 does not create a fission folder?

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Wipe Cache
Wipe Data
Mount System
Mount Data
Install ROM
Wipe Cache
Wipe Data
Reboot
Enjoy!

I'm confused, the instructions on teamdefuse.com don't say anything about mounting the system and data. I didn't do that, would that be why my clean install of 2.3.1 does not create a fission folder?

The instructions on Team Defuse do have mount system/data. It's about halfway down the page.

Either way, I haven't had a Fission folder since 2.1. I had to search for 2.1 to find D2_Camera and D2_Gallery.

hailtothetheif83

Reaction score
Still getting 404 error when DLing with FRM even the new RC3 I saw on there... I uninstalled and re installed FRM and I still can not DL it. Website DL still shows RC1

Where you guys getting it to DL?

wilboy

Reaction score
Having issue trying to instal from the FRM every time I try to DL gives me error 404.

Also went to the site to DL but was still showing RC1 not RC2
Same w/ me here!..Oh and yeah..it's on RC3 now and still..having an Error:404!:icon_ repost:

OP
AngDroid

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
are you guys using lite or full FRM?

Sorry been out for a bit...will fix it now.

chuoitieu

Reaction score
Can someone tell me if this version supports GSM? I am using GSM so if it does not support, no way to use.

Thank you.

hailtothetheif83

Reaction score
Yeah I am using the full FRM... finally got it to DL. Waiting for my apps to reinstall but so far great work!! A lot smoother than RC1 def. better than stock!!

wilboy

Reaction score
Im running RC3 and its great

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App
Just installed RC3 but im having some problem..like Market and Camera(or may be some other more)do i did something wrong?
O yeah,I'm using FRM Lite.

Last edited:

wilboy

Reaction score
Never mind..Got it to work now!What i did is ..re installed my backup(RC1) and installed RC3 w/o wiping data/cache...VOILA!! THANX ANGDROID!!

Last edited:

jasonrhcastle

Reaction score
Having same issue. Did same as you. Restored to my RC1 copy (never had a chance to install RC2). Did not wipe data/cache. Loaded RC3 and went smoothly. Was able to open Market once, now always gives a force close error. Any ideas what I did wrong?

J

fox_hound

Reaction score
What's frm stand for

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

wilboy

Reaction score
Having same issue. Did same as you. Restored to my RC1 copy (never had a chance to install RC2). Did not wipe data/cache. Loaded RC3 and went smoothly. Was able to open Market once, now always gives a force close error. Any ideas what I did wrong?

J
Try to google Market,same thing what i did to my Gallery!
Working smooth now!!dancedroid