[ROM]Fission 2.4 Droid2 Global-Vanilla Generic Android-AOSP Like-Fission ROM Manager

ExodusC

Reaction score
Exodus, if I remember correctly, you can't change the boot image or the kernels at this time :(
That's what I've heard-- I'm used to playing with phones that have unlocked bootloaders (Droid, Nexus One), so undervolting was always something to consider.

leobg

Reaction score
There might be a way to achieve that using kernel module as it was done on Milestone where bootloader is also locked. Overclocking and voltage adjustment became possible even on stock kernel. Wasn't this achieved for D2/X too?

mrapollinax

Reaction score
After a full week of using the Fission ROM i have gone ahead and put in a donation. The ROM has made my overall D2G use much better. I look forward to your future releases and apps!

Psj77

Reaction score
Is there anyway to make the home screen only have 3 screens instead of 5?

TwoBuells

Reaction score
I'm using ADW EX launcher and have seven screens. I'm also using yOrk's themes. Sean York has some nice colored themes and some cool icon packs. This on my D2G running Fisson rom.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

Tvox08

Reaction score
You can definitely undervolt and overclock. Running mine at ULV 1.35! Just download jrummy's app, droid overclock from market ($1.50, well worth it) and select the latest module (experimental) from settings. Then just use SetCPU for profiles and you're set! Jrummy's profiles don't work well for me. Good luck! And feel free to ask if you have any other questions, though I'm guessing you'll be fine once you get the app.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL running Fission 2.4.3 using DroidForums App

ckirby1

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if I download fission 2.5.7 upgrade and running 2.5.6 if ill have to redo my whole phone again? (Apps and settings)

Sent from my DROID2

TwoBuells

Reaction score
Should just be an upgrade. No wipe if your coming off a fission rom

ckirby1

Reaction score
Thanx. I like checkin out all the new roms but restoring everything is a pain.

Sent from my DROID2

wirecutter

Reaction score
When did Jrummy's app become compatible with the D2G?

You can definitely undervolt and overclock. Running mine at ULV 1.35! Just download jrummy's app, droid overclock from market ($1.50, well worth it) and select the latest module (experimental) from settings. Then just use SetCPU for profiles and you're set! Jrummy's profiles don't work well for me. Good luck! And feel free to ask if you have any other questions, though I'm guessing you'll be fine once you get the app.

btpetrina

Reaction score
The latest version that shows up in my fission rom manager is 2.4.3. I saw where someone was talking about the new 2.5.7 and is that not for the droid 2 global or am I not getting something? Thanks
Plus the latest version that shows up for me is fission rom 2.4.3

TwoBuells

Reaction score
The latest version that shows up in my fission rom manager is 2.4.3. I saw where someone was talking about the new 2.5.7 and is that not for the droid 2 global or am I not getting something? Thanks

Update for D2G should be released soon, AngDroid said a few posts ago (post # 148)

btpetrina

Reaction score

Update for D2G should be released soon, AngDroid said a few posts ago

Oh ok... sorry didn't see that. I just knew that 2.5.5 had came out and 2.5.6 now 2.5.7 was out and was just wondering if something was wrong with my FRM. Thanks for the help

evanlec

Reaction score
Good question. I was told to download jrummys app for overclocking also. But ive noticed that the only thing i can seem to do with it is set profile governing.

I cant actually "overclock" it past 1.2ghz, nor do I believe any of the voltage settings are actually doing anything...

Can anyone chime in here?

When did Jrummy's app become compatible with the D2G?

Tvox08

Reaction score
Hey, in order to overclock the d2g you have to enable the latest module (experimental) in settings for jrummy's app. Hope this helps!