[ROM]Fission 2.4 Droid2 Global-Vanilla Generic Android-AOSP Like-Fission ROM Manager

wirecutter

Reaction score
Are you finding the under volting makes much difference to battery time?

You can definitely undervolt and overclock. Running mine at ULV 1.35! Just download jrummy's app, droid overclock from market ($1.50, well worth it) and select the latest module (experimental) from settings. Then just use SetCPU for profiles and you're set! Jrummy's profiles don't work well for me. Good luck! And feel free to ask if you have any other questions, though I'm guessing you'll be fine once you get the app.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL running Fission 2.4.3 using DroidForums App

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

evanlec

Reaction score
Thanks that worked. Although I noticed if I set the frequency up to 1.4ghz the phone would run really slow...was a rather unexpected result. Anyone else see this on their d2g?

Hey, in order to overclock the d2g you have to enable the latest module (experimental) in settings for jrummy's app. Hope this helps!

arich57

Reaction score
OK...so I want to install this ROM, but I have a concern.

The main reason that I purchased this phone was because of the SIM/GSM capability. I have already input the SIM unlock code into the phone and am currently using the phone with my Afghan SIM...no problem.

Question: Does this ROM support the SIM/GSM setting to allow this? And if i install the ROM do I have to re-enter the SIM unlock code?

Ready...Willing...and Able...but concerned......

It should support all sim cards, I have it working with ATT :) There will be an updated package on Fission ROM Manager soon that has more of the sim card functions.

Make a backup first, if it does not work then you can always go back. You should not need to enter your code again but make sure you have it handy in case you do need it.

Which Network did you select to go to AT&T and not get the Verizon network?

mrapollinax

Reaction score
In order to do that you more than likely need a working ATT SIM card ;) Otherwise your phone will only be able to lock into VzW here in the US.

leobg

Reaction score
You need a bit more than just a working AT&T sim. You need a "band-unlocked" D2G in order to use AT&T (or T-Mobile, or any operator with Mobile Country Code 310). And that's not something quite popular.. yet.

Aversion

Reaction score
Okay I am about to start the process to put Fisson on my Global.

I have currently download the FRM but cant download the root program from this link:

Install Instructions and Downloads | Team DeFuse

When I click to download the 1 click root I just get the home page..

And how do I make a back up of the stock Motorola before I switch to Fission just incase something happens.

IMRoMuLuS

Reaction score

I have currently download the FRM but cant download the root program from this link:

And how do I make a back up of the stock Motorola before I switch to Fission just in case something happens.

I am uploading a file with all the proper files, you can follow the install instructions on Team Defuse site above. Make sure when you flash your SBF to the version at this link (http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-2-global/112313-official-d2g-sbf-tbh.html) make sure you have USB_Drivers_bit_4.8.0 (in the zip file I'm linking soon) installed on you computer.

1. Install USB_Drivers_bit_4.8.0
2. Install RSD Lite 4.9
3. Use SBF 2.4.29 within RSD Lite 4.9.

The Team Defuse Site will have all the other instructions.

All Files needed to Flash and install ROM using Fission 2.4.3 are in this link

Fission 2.4.3 for Droid 2 Global.zip

Hope it helps.

Aversion

Reaction score

And how do I make a back up of the stock Motorola before I switch to Fission just in case something happens.

I am uploading a file with all the proper files, you can follow the install instructions on Team Defuse site above. Make sure when you flash your SBF to the version at this link (http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-2-global/112313-official-d2g-sbf-tbh.html) make sure you have USB_Drivers_bit_4.8.0 (in the zip file I'm linking soon) installed on you computer.

2. Install RSD Lite 4.9

Hope it helps.

Okay downloading everything now. Thanks for all the help.

I have everything downloaded and I think I am ready to begin. I just need the updated drivers you spoke of. Also; how do I make a back up of the stock?

IMRoMuLuS

Reaction score

2. Install RSD Lite 4.9

Hope it helps.

I have everything downloaded and I think I am ready to begin. I just need the updated drivers you spoke of. Also; how do I make a back up of the stock?

Use D2 Bootloader to get to the clockwork mod screen (black screen with small green text after a reboot) and navigate to backup/restore and choose backup and it will back up your current ROM. ALSO You can download from Fission ROM Manager the original D2 Global ROM and have that handy in case of any ROM failures.

Aversion

Reaction score

2. Install RSD Lite 4.9

Hope it helps.

Use D2 Bootloader to get to the clockwork mod screen (black screen with small green text after a reboot) and navigate to backup/restore and choose backup and it will back up your current ROM. ALSO You can download from Fission ROM Manager the original D2 Global ROM and have that handy in case of any ROM failures.

Man do I hate sounding like a complete noob; but where can I get the D2 Bootloader? :/

IMRoMuLuS

Reaction score

Man do I hate sounding like a complete noob; but where can I get the D2 Bootloader? :/

Its D2 Bootstrap and I have it in the zip I linked. In the file its called Droid2Bootstrap.apk

Here is the link again.

Aversion

Reaction score

Its D2 Bootstrap and I have it in the zip I linked. In the file its called Droid2Bootstrap.apk

Here is the link again.

Okay I am beginning now.

Steps completed:

rooted
usb drivers have been installed
rsd lite installed and sdf is beginning. Phone has restarted and is in bootloader screen. It is now saying ''SW Update in progress..."

Where do I put the bootstrap file? Just drag it to the phone sd card or does it have to be in a specific folder? I tried just dropping it onto the card. The program successfully installed but when I click ''Bootstrap Recovery'' I get this error -- Failure - error running exec() command: [su, -c, ./data/data/com.koushikdutta. droid2.bootstrap/files/surunner.sh] Working Directory: null Enviroment: null

Phone has restarted and is showing the droid icon (took a while) The phone is now on. RSD states it has finished installed the sdf.

Phone has successfully rebooted after sdf flash using RSD. I have 2 icons I did not see before on the top bar.. One looks like a refresh symbol and the other is a light blue triangle... is that normal?

Also noticed on the main page it tells you not to use this ROM if you have a Sim Card.. Doesnt all D2G have a SIM?

Reaction score
The sync icon is just media share, the stupid software that comes preinstalled, and the blue triangle means you need to activate your phone. Dial *228 and hit 1.

Aversion

Reaction score
The sync icon is just media share, the stupid software that comes preinstalled, and the blue triangle means you need to activate your phone. Dial *228 and hit 1.

Thanks for the reply.

I have successfully installed 2.4 on my D2G. My question is where do I find all the goodies? Are they located in FRM?

And if I want to go back to Motorola stock, what steps do I take to do that?