[ROM]Fission 2.4 Droid2 Global-Vanilla Generic Android-AOSP Like-Fission ROM Manager

Reaction score
The rom comes with gps turned off make sure u go to setting, laocation and turn it on, or you can do it from the power control widget.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

kingwaffle

Reaction score
The rom comes with gps turned off make sure u go to setting, laocation and turn it on, or you can do it from the power control widget.

Navigation complains about it being off when I run it, so obviously I turned it on.

Figured it out...had to clear Maps cache. Found the suggestion on another forum.

Ultim8gamr

Reaction score
I thought I read that angdroid was able to use AT&T sim in the states. Does the latest fission rom support the sim unlock of domestic gsm bands? I already unlocked sim just didn't know if domestic gsm was now possible with this rom

Reaction score

Navigation complains about it being off when I run it, so obviously I turned it on.

Figured it out...had to clear Maps cache. Found the suggestion on another forum.

Wish I'd seen this this morning before I SBFd back to stock. Actually, no I don't, because that wouldn't have fixed my random reboots that always get caught at CWM instead of actually booting. (Which made me late for work this morning... Damn, you FissioN! :icon_evil: I kid... It didn't work right for me, but it is a great project, and when it's more stable on D2G, I'll give it another go. Thanks for the hard work, guys)

kingwaffle

Reaction score
I have had no issues at all with it. I unplugged my phone from the charger at 10:00am this morning, and now I'm at 30% with moderate usage all day. Very impressed with this.

Reaction score
I have had no issues at all with it. I unplugged my phone from the charger at 10:00am this morning, and now I'm at 30% with moderate usage all day. Very impressed with this.

I get better battery life than that with the stock ROM and an extended battery.

evanlec

Reaction score
I'm curious as to when Fission will be updated to be based on gingerbread (android 2.3)? Is this in the works or am I asking the wrong question?

Reaction score
You have to wait until motorola updates the phone to gingerbread since we have a locked boot loader unless Cvpcs creates an aosp rom for the D2G or Angdroid decides to make Fission aosp rom based off of Cvpcs code because he's the only one to get anything close to an aosp rom with the new motorla devices, and then there is the problem with flashing new kernels so its going to be a lot of trial and error. So its either wait for moto or a developer takes there time to make one and by that time moto should have released gingerbread.

ExodusC

Reaction score
One thing I can say I wish Fission had was the black Messaging app option from CyanogenMod. The default gray app clashes so badly with the Gingerbread theme.

Sent from my Droid 2 Global using the DroidForums App.

GhostlySnow

Reaction score
I don't know if anyone else is having this problem, but occasionally the screen will go dark and be unresponsive to any commands. I have found this to be most common when i come out of a call. I currently have a milestone screen protector on it, so the proximity sensor doesn't work, but still the power button doesn't wake the screen. I have found the only way to get it to come back besides a battery pull would be to plug it in. I don't know if there is any more information needed, but i figured i would point this issue out now and see if i am not the only one with this.

ExodusC

Reaction score
I don't know if anyone else is having this problem, but occasionally the screen will go dark and be unresponsive to any commands. I have found this to be most common when i come out of a call. I currently have a milestone screen protector on it, so the proximity sensor doesn't work, but still the power button doesn't wake the screen. I have found the only way to get it to come back besides a battery pull would be to plug it in. I don't know if there is any more information needed, but i figured i would point this issue out now and see if i am not the only one with this.

There should be an option somewhere in settings for "In-Pocket Detection," try disabling it. It doesn't seem to be working for me in the first place...

GhostlySnow

Reaction score
I had trouble with that on the stock rom anyways, so it has been disabled since i installed fission rom.

OP
AngDroid

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
new ROMs will be out in a day or two, to see the changes check the D2 or DX threads :)

ExodusC

Reaction score
Question: Since the Droid 2 Global has a locked bootloader, I'm guessing we can't do anything like undervolting the CPU? I'm coming from a Nexus One, and running an undervolted kernel always gave a noticable battery life boost.