[ROM]CyanogenMod 7.2.0-RC0 X2 [BETA]

oldblackcrow

Reaction score
I am having another issue... could be a settings change or could be a CM7 thing... my text audio notifications are not coming on and my email notification comes on when it checks the server, regardless of actually receiving an email. Any suggestions? Thanks y'all!

Droid X2 CM7

izzo540

Reaction score
I am having another issue... could be a settings change or could be a CM7 thing... my text audio notifications are not coming on and my email notification comes on when it checks the server, regardless of actually receiving an email. Any suggestions? Thanks y'all!

Droid X2 CM7
Hey whats your setup regarding your messages and such.. Do you have an external app or the native text app handling your SMS
Also, what notifications are you missing and what notifications are working. I apologize I just don't understand the issue 100% the way you described it.

oldblackcrow

Reaction score
Hey whats your setup regarding your messages and such.. Do you have an external app or the native text app handling your SMS
Also, what notifications are you missing and what notifications are working. I apologize I just don't understand the issue 100% the way you described it.

I think it resolved on its own... the last day and a half, everything has worked perfectly. I didn't change anything either. But to answer your questions, I am using k9 mail and GO SMS. I set them up exactly like my other phones. I did all my notification settings in the O.S. settings.

Thanks for your offer to help though... if I start having problems again, I'll post it.

Droid X2 CM7

ckburks

Reaction score
anyone got the recovery working? downloaded the one from cm7 page.

Sent from my MB870 using DroidForums

ckburks

Reaction score
ok... the random rebooting is getting annoying... but damn its fast.

RockmanSolo

Reaction score
Took me about a dozen attempts (which was my fault, I kept missing a step) but was well worth the effort. Everything I used before Modding not only works but works better than before. Thanks dragonzkiller for all your hard work! Its like going from win vista to win7.

Update: I've run past a few small bugs, nothing major though. The stbank app force closes after moments of opening, no big though you can just access via browser. Also, I need to restart every couple of days or it'll start lagging out.

Overall still an excellent rom, and mindblowing for a beta.

chefdexter

Reaction score
kind of a strange issue I'm having... When I first installed CM7, the icons in the dock looked just like they do on the screenshots. I wasn't unhappy with the look, but wanted to see if I could find a theme that fit my style better... When I did so, all of the dock icons changed to just white squares, circles, etc. I switch back to the original, and they are all white again, but they are actually in their original shapes ( a bubble for messaging, "bag" for app store, etc.). Any idea on how I can get it back to normal?

Trip3601211

Reaction score

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1332600831876.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1332600831876.png
    253.6 KB · Views: 1,493

Droid 51

Reaction score
I can't seem to get my bsr to work it says I don't need to plug up my phone to a charger so I didn't and even when I do it doesn't work so I could use some help

Trip3601211

Reaction score
Are you making sure you hit install recovery first (off the plug) then when it says install complete hit okay few seconds later put it on the plug and hit recovery mode. Should put you in recovery. Sometimes it takes a couple few times. I had issues in the begining as well when I flashed this ROM.

Sent from My Rooted MB870/DROID X2 Running CM7

music life

Reaction score
New to all this. anyone willing to help me out a bit?

currently My phone is rooted. and i have titanium backup. not sure what i need in order to take the next step.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Trip3601211

Reaction score
First things first, you want this ROM correct? Download the ROM, the gapps and the tethering patch. Place those files on the root of your SD card. If you havent put system recovery on your phone youll have to install that as well. Also download and place the replacement CM7 recovery on the root of your SD as well. Boot into recovery, DATA wipe, CACHE wipe and dav CACHE wipe (under advanced) Flash the ROM first, Flash the gapps second and Flash the tether patch last. Rebooy system, once started, skip market, go install the CM7 recovery out of your files. Go to Superuser and update su binary. Then go to market and update apps and what not. Hope this helps.

Sent from My Rooted DROID X2/MB870 Running MIUI (For the moment)

Reaction score
Hey guys n gals,
I am an experienced user, but I am stumped by this issue I'm having. I have installed CM7 on my X2 before and had no problems. Two days ago I flashed Eclipse onto my X2 after an SBF to a clean 2.3.4/2.3.5 update and root. I did'nt care for Eclipse much and tried to get back to CM7. My problem is that after flashing CM7 the phone hangs on the M screen indefinatly. I have followed the steps to the letter, checked the CRCs on the downloaded files, cross checked the kernel versions.... All the installs run smooth and don't error. Made sure to wipe data, cache, and Dalvik cache. The phone just won't boot past the M no matter how long I wait. I've gone to Android recovery and wiped, still no boot. I know that hangs on the M screen are usually kernel related but I am stuck on what I need to do. The files I used to install this ROM worked and now they don't. I downloaded fresh copies and still can't make it work. Please help me. My phone is a dog with Blur sickness!

music life

Reaction score
when i go to do backup why does it say no ext-sd card found when its almost done with the process? when it tells me my SD card space available?

Edit: looked it up on youtube and i guess its suppose to say that