1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Droid X2 Bootstrap Recovery Mode Help

Discussion in 'Droid X2 Development' started by funkmester, Aug 2, 2012.

1. funkmester

funkmester New Member

Alright, so I have had a rooted phone for about a month and decided it was about time to install a ROM. I installed the Miui 4 Beta Rom. Its basically ICS for Droid X2. Everything went well until I actually got on my home screen. I had lost all of my data. I used BootStrap Recovery and went into Backup/Restore, External, Restore. Everything seemed to go fine until one file just hung. The file name is "android.new". Before restoring I wiped internal, dalvik cache, and cache partition. I have tried doing this restore two times and each time it hangs at "android.new" I do not know what else to do any help at all will be greatly appreciated.

Link to the guide i used to do this. Upgrade Motorola Droid X2 to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich Via MIUI 4 and Droid X2 System Recovery + Instruction - xda-developers
  2. themib

themib New Member

yes, you have to wipe data, to flash custom roms
    wipe data before restoring backup
Search tags for this page
boot strap recovery
bootstrap from droidx2 forum

bootstrap recovery

bootstrap recovery droid x2

bootstrap recovery for droid x2
droid x2 boot strap

droid x2 bootstrap