[ROM]CyanogenMod 7.2.0-RC0 X2 [BETA]

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Alright... the beta has dropped a couple of hours ago...
*note: all credit goes to dragonzkiller and who he thanks.. i'm just sharing the cm goodness*

dragonzkiller proudly presents:
CyanogenMod 7.2.0-RC0 X2 BETA

IC3iE.png
815jX.png
wZ18R.png

d82ue.png
cxpEU.png
4PAPq.png

Album Here: CM7DX2 - Imgur

Thanks to mastafunk for getting some of the hijack and 2nd-init issues worked out. Hashcode who has been a HUGE help getting the init binary users and telephony working. And definitely a huge thanks to MoonShadow-NM for being my guinea pig and helping me work out the kinks. Also a big thanks to ej1911 for pointing out the sdcard fix I missed!

Features include (but not limited to):
THE FIRST MOTOROLA DROID X2 ROM WITH ABSOLUTELY NO BLUR AT ALL! FULLY AOSP BASED
Super fast! Like BLAZING fast!
Full Theme Support For Every Aspect of Your Phone
Incognito Browser Mode
DSP Equalizer - Custom EQ settings for headset, bluetooth, and phone speaker
Lockscreen Customizations
Lockscreen Gestures
Fully Customizable Pull Down Toggles (This includes a camera LED flashlight!)
Swipe Away Notifications
Removable sdcard is named sdcard (for compatibility)
Internal memory sdcard is named emmc
And MANY MANY MORE!

How to install CM7 (Cyanogenmod) for the Motorola Droid X2.

Please note that with all ROMs, you have the possibility of bricking your phone. Use caution and ask questions! I, dragonzkiller, am NOT responsible for what you choose to do with or to your phone!

YOU MUST BE ON Gingerbread 2.3.4!!! This is the only version I will support! I have implemented a method to check for what version in the install, so you'll know. If you have ever upgraded to 2.3.5, you must SBF back to 2.3.4 as this check checks the kernel. This is the first BETA release, so that means most of the issues have been fixed, however there may still be problems! Please let me know what problems or issues you run into so I can address/fix them.

Now, onto the good stuff! It MUST be done in this order!

1. NANDROID BACKUP!
2. SBF to 2.3.4 unless you are already there. See MoonShadow-NM's guide: HowTo: Perform a SBF ("factory restore") of your Motorola Droid X2
3. Root your Motorola Droid X2. See MoonShadow-NM's guide: HowTo: Root your Motorola Droid X2 - UPDATED [14DEC2011]
4. Install the Motorola Droid X2 Bootstrap Recovery (BSR). See MoonShadow-NM's guide: HowTo: Perform a bootstrap (or nandroid) backup and recovery of your Droid X2
5. Put both the Google Apps zip, the CM7 zip, and dragonzkiller's patched BSR apk on your EXTERNAL sdcard.
6. Boot into BootStrap Recovery. (You should know how to do this... See item number 4 above as a reference.)
7. Install the CM7 zip.
8. THEN the Google Apps Zip.
9. IMPORTANT! Wipe data and cache (factory reset) and wipe dalvik cache!
10. Boot your phone into CM7. (You will probably have to activate if you didn't after you SBF'd and setup your Google account here.)
11. Install the patched Motorola Droid X2 Bootstrap Recovery (BSR). (This can be found in the download section of this post. Once you have CM7DX2 installed, you MUST install this BSR!)
12. Go into the Superuser app and update the su binary.
13. Go into the Android Market and update the apps on the phone. Keep in mind that once you update the Superuser app, you cannot update the su binary. (Looking into this, however, it might be a Superuser issue and not a CM7 issue.)
14. Sit back and enjoy CM7 on your DX2!
15. Never user RomManager! (Yes it's included, but that's a CM7 thing and won't work with the DX2.)
16. NEVER DELETE ANYTHING FROM PREINSTALL! The hijack requires files in there that are installed with the BSR. I don't know why any non-dev would be messing with those files anyway.

NOTE: If you get a hang on the M after the Google Apps Zip is flashed you didn't follow these steps. But you DON'T have to SBF! Try getting into stock recovery by having the phone off, pressing the Vol Down and Power Buttons until the "Fastboot" appears on your screen, scroll DOWN until you see the "Android Recovery" and press Vol Up. You will then see an android with an exclamation point. Press BOTH volume buttons and scroll down to "Wipe Data." Press the power button to select it and scroll down to "Yes" and select that. Then reboot and WAIT! The initial boot takes the longest. If this still doesn't work, THEN SBF and follow the directions above EXACTLY.

Using the Patched Bootstrap Recovery With CM7DX2
In order to get into recovery with CM7DX2 you ABSOLUTELY MUST download the patched BSR APK located in the download section of this post! There was a problem with the "hijack" name. It is conflicting with the CM7 hijack. NEVER install the original BSR while in CM7DX2! This is a guaranteed way to boot loop your phone! It might not boot loop the first couple of reboots, but it will... Eventually!

FIXED ISSUES!
init now longer hogs 100% of a core
BLUETOOTH WORKS!
DSP Manager WORKS!
Torch (flashlight) WORKS!
Google Voice WORKS!
Dock Settings Re-Added
Battery Fix (battery files from 2.3.3)
Both SD Cards work

Known Issues!
SuperUser has an issue if it's updated in the market from 3.0.4 to 3.0.7. It won't download the new version of the su binary, however, you can update the su binary in 3.0.4.

Due to the battery daemons changing, you may get a ? in the battery icon. Just reboot again and it should go back to normal.

Currently Disabled Features (Because we don't support them)
Reboot Recovery
Reboot Bootloader
HDMI - There is no native code for HDMI in CM7, so this probably won't be fixed.
FM Radio - For now. Might be a fix later.

This post will be updated as time goes on.

DOWNLOAD:
Put these on your EXTERNAL sd card.
Patched BSR APK for ALL versions of CM7DX2
Google Apps (market, maps, YouTube, etc.) MD5 Sum: e4313eb28b65758bff0cf63bc1a404f5

REFLASH THE GAPPS AFTER UPGRADING IN CASE OF FACTORY RESTORE
Cyanogenmod 7 for the Motorola Droid X2 - BETA MD5 Sum: 789f25244e475901048e0d0e5908b5a4

Donations are appreciated, but not required. Buy me a sandwich or gas money to visit my family by clicking the donate link by my name.
smile.gif

Bugs may be reported in this thread. It also would be a good idea to try to catch me in IRC at irc.freenode.net in the #cm7dx2 channel. You can also use the web IRC interface at http://webchat.freenode.net and join the #cm7dx2 channel. (Note that this is no longer #x2-aosp).

Change Log

update-cm-7.2.0-RC0-daytona-beta1
Cyanogenmod 7 beta released!
Bluetooth is FIXED!
DSP Manager is FIXED!
Google Voice works!

update-cm-7.2.0-RC0-daytona-alpha1
Cyanogenmod 7 working on the Motorola Droid X2! - First public release
Issues with several items:
No bluetooth
DSP Manager force closes when setting more than one EQ setting
Google Voice force closes
No HDMI
No FM Radio

post script: the op for this can be found here;
[ROM]CyanogenMod 7.2.0-RC0 X2 [BETA][UPDATED 1/16/12] - xda-developers

bacho

Reaction score
Installed tonight with no issues at all!

Thanks for all your hard work.

thirdfloornorth

Reaction score
I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess this won't work on a Milestone X2?

EDIT: Just heard from dragonzkiller, the CM7 zip checks to see if you are on a DROID X2 with 2.3.4, so it won't even flash to the Milestone X2 :( anyone want to work on translating it over? :DDD

gottoon

Reaction score
Sweet!!!! Installing now... thank you everyone involved in getting this release out!

Sent from my ThinkPad Tablet using DroidForums

eduardk

Reaction score
Way to go . Thanks a lot . I cant imagine X2 still moving. Great job dragonzkiller . Keep it up. DancingNexus

Reaction score
OMG! I had to mod the kernel check to install this because the 2.3.4 .sbf came with a different one. After I solved that I ran Quadrant at 1000 MHz and scores 3192! :) :) :) OMG!

Sent from my MB870 using DroidForums

tommyg562000

Reaction score
Now, my X2 reminds me of my OG droid! Ah the good ol' times :) TY CM

Re_X2

Reaction score
files not available

Just tried downloading the downloads and none of them are available. Is there any reason why?
Thanks.

OP
Nemo Aeternamn

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
no problem with downloading from the direct download...(just double checked

Re_X2

Reaction score
Just went over to XDA it worked there everything is great!

Re_X2

Reaction score
Anyone having problems with wi-fi on this rom? My phone just constantly tries to obtain an ip address. is there a way to fix this issue?

gottoon

Reaction score
Yes on the wifi issue... from time to time I find it in a looping state where it tries to obtain an IP then disconnects, then tries again. A quick on/off reset of the wifi fixes it... haven't checked xda for a fix or to report yet.

gottoon

Reaction score
There is a quick patch for wifi tethering over there.

Gblake13

Reaction score
Hey I know hdmi doesn't work on this ROM but if I copied the dock.apk from say the eclipse ROM and put it in system/apps would it work than?

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

OP
Nemo Aeternamn

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hey I know hdmi doesn't work on this ROM but if I copied the dock.apk from say the eclipse ROM and put it in system/apps would it work than?

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

No... There is no code to support it... The only way to "bring it over" would be with it's dependencies.... So... You'd have to bring back allot if blur back in... Because Android didn't support hdmi... That's a product of blur

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer