X2 Bootstrap Recovery APK

Reaction score
Clockwork allows flashing of anything, roms, kernals, themes, packs of apks... there really isn't a limit.

The issue is what is locked on the phone and what dev support we get. For instance, a friends vibrant uses clockwork to flash roms, kernals and modems, and there are many of each. For my d2, I don't think I've seen custom kernals, just roms.

Sent from my LGB v0.9 Gingercomb Juiced DROID2

whodidthis

Reaction score
I just did a backup! Excellent progress...

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

sevenwords

Reaction score
So you guys are using some file from a shady Chinese website? No thanks.

Last edited:
Reaction score
That's fine if you don't want to try it out, but these things are needed to get development going on a new phone. Someone has to pay to play and this is an awesome first step.

Sent from my LGB v0.9 Gingercomb Juiced DROID2

OP
C

C21johnson

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

Not an attempt to attack you, but you should possibly read the thread more effectively. This isn't an SBF. First, it is an apk that will allow you to boot into device recovery. Second is a chinese rom. They honestly both work flawlessly. No, im not running the rom on my main device, and don't really recommend it as CURRENTLY it is not suited for english and american uses. Thanks.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

sevenwords

Reaction score

Not an attempt to attack you, but you should possibly read the thread more effectively. This isn't an SBF. First, it is an apk that will allow you to boot into device recovery. Second is a chinese rom. They honestly both work flawlessly. No, im not running the rom on my main device, and don't really recommend it as CURRENTLY it is not suited for english and american uses. Thanks.

My mislabeling of the file doesn't change the fact that you found it "most probably" on some Chinese website. You don't even know who the dev is. Yes the files may work flawlessly, and it's a great step for us X2 owners, but can you vouch for the files that they don't contain anything nefarious? I prefer to not take any chances. Read the news, where do most virus' on the Android OS originate from? I'm not saying they all do, or that your files contain any virus, but I'd rather be safe than sorry. I'm sure that there are others like me who will wait to get them from a trusted source, or at least wait until someone can vouch that they are ok.

MikeJ92YJ

Reaction score

My mislabeling of the file doesn't change the fact that you found it "most probably" on some Chinese website. You don't even know who the dev is. Yes the files may work flawlessly, and it's a great step for us X2 owners, but can you vouch for the files that they don't contain anything nefarious? I prefer to not take any chances. Read the news, where do most virus' on the Android OS originate from? I'm not saying they all do, or that your files contain any virus, but I'd rather be safe than sorry. I'm sure that there are others like me who will wait to get them from a trusted source, or at least wait until someone can vouch that they are ok.

F**k No! I Live On The Dangerous Side Let's Take A Chance At Something New. There's A "Risk" In Any ROM's, Themes, APKs, RSDing You Name It There's A Risk. So If You So Concerned About A "Safe Reliable Source" Then Just Quit Complaining And Maybe The Rest Of Us Wanna Take The Risk.

antron007

Reaction score
I installed the bootstrap apk and then did the sd fix and now rom manager reads it as the latest version of clockwork recovery. There's no roms for dx2 yet but its cool that rm is recognized the recovery.

I didn't use rm but I did do a back up and restore through the recovery and it worked fine. Just my 2¢ .

Reaction score
I can vouch for the recovery working wonderfully. I'll take apart the .apk and see what's inside. I know what I should see and since it's actually a port of a known devs work I think I will find it is clean.

Last edited:

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score
Awesome guys, congrats!.....I'm not an X2 owner but I know the agony waiting on a root process. I love the Android community.:icon_ banana:

MikeJ92YJ

Reaction score
I installed the bootstrap apk and then did the sd fix and now rom manager reads it as the latest version of clockwork recovery. There's no roms for dx2 yet but its cool that rm is recognized the recovery.

I didn't use rm but I did do a back up and restore through the recovery and it worked fine. Just my 2¢ .

What SD Fix Are You Referring About, I Haven't Seen A Thread For That. Would You Mind Sharing The Link?

OP
C

C21johnson

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Original update posted to include MinimalX ROM (now available!)

Lotho

Reaction score
I followed OP's instuctions but after clicking "Recovery Mode" in the Droid X2 Recovery app the phone reboots but hangs on the Motorola Logo. Any ideas what may be wrong?

I tried restarting it but the only way to get it working was to put it into Android Recovery mode and wipe the data.

paulviado420

Reaction score
I followed OP's instuctions but after clicking "Recovery Mode" in the Droid X2 Recovery app the phone reboots but hangs on the Motorola Logo. Any ideas what may be wrong?

I tried restarting it but the only way to get it working was to put it into Android Recovery mode and wipe the data.

Make sure you keep your phone plugged into the wall before you hit recovery mode or else it will not boot into it

MikeJ92YJ

Reaction score
As Paul Stated Or Try Hitting The Install Recovery A Couple Times. If That Fails Uninstall The Recovery Turn Off Pull Battery For 30 Seconds Boot Up And Reinstall.