X2 Bootstrap Recovery APK

Discussion in 'Droid X2 Development' started by C21johnson, Jul 12, 2011.

1. xfloggingkylex

Ratings:
    +0
    Not sure about the Chinese ROM, but Jrummy is on twitter talking about porting over liberty for the x2 community... talk about awesome.

2. xgrinder911

xgrinder911 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I came from the og droid, how good is this liberty exactly?

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

3. xfloggingkylex

Ratings:
    +0
    I love it. It is the only rom I've flashed on my phone so I cant compare for you, but my friends are also running it and tried apex first, if that helps at all.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/liberty-rom-d2/151637-rom-liberty-gingerbread.html

At the very least it means you are getting dev support, which is never a bad thing.

Cant wait till things start rolling for the X2. This recovery is just the tip of the iceberg.

4. Kevin3328

Kevin3328 Theme Developer
    Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    Just curious.. do u also need the sbf to flash roms if or when they become available.. I have system recovery installed and created a backup already.. just wanna know ill be good to go to flash roms.. im new to the root game but im learning as quick as possible.. let me know whoever can.. thanks in advance for any tips

5. xfloggingkylex

Ratings:
    +0
    Thats going to depend on the ROMs. Depending on what firmware they are built for will determine whether or not you need to sbf to install it. For example, when I was on the leaked and rooted GB and went to liberty, I didn't have to sbf. To install CM7, I do have to SBF (even though it is based off GB) and if I wanted to install liberty 2.0 (instead of liberty GB 0.8) I would also have to SBF.

You should be familiar with SBFing before doing ANY flashing IMO, because SBF will save you time and time again.

6. Rhino413

Rhino413 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So this may or may not be seen as a dumb question. Does this recovery allow the flashing of kernels or is this just another type of reovery similar to the one used on the original X that allows us to install cooked stock roms. So i guess my question boils down to will this allow the flashing of leaked roms.

7. xfloggingkylex

Ratings:
    +0
    Clockwork allows flashing of anything, roms, kernals, themes, packs of apks... there really isn't a limit.

The issue is what is locked on the phone and what dev support we get. For instance, a friends vibrant uses clockwork to flash roms, kernals and modems, and there are many of each. For my d2, I don't think I've seen custom kernals, just roms.

Sent from my LGB v0.9 Gingercomb Juiced DROID2

8. whodidthis

whodidthis Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just did a backup! Excellent progress...

9. sevenwords

sevenwords Member

Ratings:
    +1
    So you guys are using some file from a shady Chinese website? No thanks.

#33 sevenwords, Jul 16, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2011
  10. xfloggingkylex

Ratings:
    +0
    That's fine if you don't want to try it out, but these things are needed to get development going on a new phone. Someone has to pay to play and this is an awesome first step.

Sent from my LGB v0.9 Gingercomb Juiced DROID2

11. C21johnson

C21johnson Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    Not an attempt to attack you, but you should possibly read the thread more effectively. This isn't an SBF. First, it is an apk that will allow you to boot into device recovery. Second is a chinese rom. They honestly both work flawlessly. No, im not running the rom on my main device, and don't really recommend it as CURRENTLY it is not suited for english and american uses. Thanks.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

12. sevenwords

sevenwords Member

Ratings:
    +1
    My mislabeling of the file doesn't change the fact that you found it "most probably" on some Chinese website. You don't even know who the dev is. Yes the files may work flawlessly, and it's a great step for us X2 owners, but can you vouch for the files that they don't contain anything nefarious? I prefer to not take any chances. Read the news, where do most virus' on the Android OS originate from? I'm not saying they all do, or that your files contain any virus, but I'd rather be safe than sorry. I'm sure that there are others like me who will wait to get them from a trusted source, or at least wait until someone can vouch that they are ok.

Search tags for this page
bootstrap droid x2
bootstrap for droid x2
bootstrap recovery apk

bootstrap recovery droid x2

droid 2 bootstrap apk

droid x2 bootstrap

droid x2 bootstrap apk

droid x2 bootstrap recovery

droid x2 bootstrap recovery apk
droid x2 recovery apk