[ROM]CyanogenMod 7.2.0-RC0 X2 [BETA]

music life

Reaction score
First things first, you want this ROM correct? Download the ROM, the gapps and the tethering patch. Place those files on the root of your SD card. If you havent put system recovery on your phone youll have to install that as well. Also download and place the replacement CM7 recovery on the root of your SD as well. Boot into recovery, DATA wipe, CACHE wipe and dav CACHE wipe (under advanced) Flash the ROM first, Flash the gapps second and Flash the tether patch last. Rebooy system, once started, skip market, go install the CM7 recovery out of your files. Go to Superuser and update su binary. Then go to market and update apps and what not. Hope this helps.

Sent from My Rooted DROID X2/MB870 Running MIUI (For the moment)

Thank you so much for all the help. Words cant describe how grateful i am. I got it working just a few mins ago without bricking. I owe you big time!

Trip3601211

Reaction score
Thank you so much for all the help. Words cant describe how grateful i am. I got it working just a few mins ago without bricking. I owe you big time!

Awesome, glad it worked my friend. You'll love this ROM. I know I do. And everytime I do go check out another ROM, I flash back to this! Need anymore help bro, ask me, PM, or now you can Gmail me lol. Congrats on your accomplishment! I know how good it felt when I first rooted and ROM'd, it's the BEST!

Sent from My Rooted DROID X2/MB870 Running CM7

Trip3601211

Reaction score
Hey music, this is the mixer theme I was telling you about.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1333818436077.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1333818436077.png
    309 KB · Views: 1,703

Trip3601211

Reaction score

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1333818995019.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1333818995019.png
    288.2 KB · Views: 484
  • uploadfromtaptalk1333819019292.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1333819019292.png
    51.9 KB · Views: 847
  • uploadfromtaptalk1333819034858.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1333819034858.png
    191.6 KB · Views: 241
Reaction score
I flashed to this a couple of days ago. It really is a fantastic improvement over the crappy Stock Rom. I've allways loved CyanogenMod. The only issue I am having with this so far is my WiFi fails to reestablish a connection if the phone has been idle for longer then about 15 minutes. I have to power off the WiFi and turn it back on. Other then that it is much faster and doesn't lag or reboot which was becoming an increasing problem with my old ROM.

oldblackcrow

Reaction score
Love that theme... but how?

Trip3601211,

I downloaded the theme, but can't find where to install it. I'm currently using Go Launcher and of course checked ADW Launcher... but no luck. I looked in the CyanogenMod settings and still clueless. Can you please help? Thanks a billion!

Trip3601211

Reaction score
Trip3601211,

I downloaded the theme, but can't find where to install it. I'm currently using Go Launcher and of course checked ADW Launcher... but no luck. I looked in the CyanogenMod settings and still clueless. Can you please help? Thanks a billion!

Go into your app drawer, you'll find the app "themes" should be in there and you apply there. Hopefully GO launcher doesnt prevent it from applying. I wouldnt be sure as I just use the ADW that came with CM7. If it does apply, a reboot is a nice idea. I do everytime I apply a theme. Let me know if it worked.

music life

Reaction score
I love the theme. I have the orange with an orange space backround and it really looks nice. But it seems the theme makes my phone lag so i might not be keeping it very long :(

And its weird it seems that its not letting me call only a few people. like my buddy called me but it wouldnt let me call him back. but other calls went out fine. still not sure about it.

Also putting me into roaming alot when i reboot. Usually just have to reboot again and its fixed but its still kinda annoying.

Trip3601211

Reaction score
I love the theme. I have the orange with an orange space backround and it really looks nice. But it seems the theme makes my phone lag so i might not be keeping it very long :(

And its weird it seems that its not letting me call only a few people. like my buddy called me but it wouldnt let me call him back. but other calls went out fine. still not sure about it.

Also putting me into roaming alot when i reboot. Usually just have to reboot again and its fixed but its still kinda annoying.

Great, I'm glad you got it looking how you like. Laggy huh? Thats weird. I have 40 apps installed and mine runs smooth as butter still. Like I say though, rebooting is best after applying a theme. If the call thing persists, I'd recomend going into recovery, wiping all three, data, cache, and davilk cache in advanced. That might fix it. Have to start all over again but sometimes its worth doing for less lag. Also yeah Ive had the no service problems after reboot as well and your correct, though annoying, another reboot works. Also look into every and I mean all settings to set your system up alright. Check data roaming and international roaming to keep as much signal as possible. AND AND AND if you install the CM7 mash up zip, this will boost your signal and speed up by loads. I can send you the apk via Gmail if youd like, once it downloads, go into files and move from download folder to root folder on SD, boot into recovery, wipe cache, wipe davilk cache and install CM7 mash up from choosing file from root of SD. Let me know if your interested in it.

music life

Reaction score
Great, I'm glad you got it looking how you like. Laggy huh? Thats weird. I have 40 apps installed and mine runs smooth as butter still. Like I say though, rebooting is best after applying a theme. If the call thing persists, I'd recomend going into recovery, wiping all three, data, cache, and davilk cache in advanced. That might fix it. Have to start all over again but sometimes its worth doing for less lag. Also yeah Ive had the no service problems after reboot as well and your correct, though annoying, another reboot works. Also look into every and I mean all settings to set your system up alright. Check data roaming and international roaming to keep as much signal as possible. AND AND AND if you install the CM7 mash up zip, this will boost your signal and speed up by loads. I can send you the apk via Gmail if youd like, once it downloads, go into files and move from download folder to root folder on SD, boot into recovery, wipe cache, wipe davilk cache and install CM7 mash up from choosing file from root of SD. Let me know if your interested in it.

Faster speed you say? how can i say no to that? lol :p

Trip3601211

Reaction score
lol, can't turn down speed hahaha. Sent it to your gmail bro.

music life

Reaction score
strange its not letting me open the file on my phone but it is on my computer.

I transfered it via dropbox tho and it seems to have done the trick.

Trip3601211

Reaction score
strange its not letting me open the file on my phone but it is on my computer.

I transfered it via dropbox tho and it seems to have done the trick.

You know I kinda thought that might happen, when I was on MIUI a few days ago I noticed in gmail I was able to download links straight from the inbox. Guess that ROM has the option CM7 does not. Hmmm hopefully dzk (the dev) knows this. If not, now he does lol. Glad you got it though. Flash and tell me if it worked n you notice a difference.