[ROM BETA] Fenom ROM Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcc0la

Reaction score
Well thank you. I have Titanium Backup. I use it for freezing bloatware. I'm a bit hesitant to backup my apps; I'm a little worried about data corruption when experimented with undervolting. Google Nav will always force close on me within a minute. I'd rather just download everything again. I rarely go over 300MB bandwidth consumption. I probably ought to just take the 10 minutes to jot down all of my market acquisitions, just in case.

Sent from Rock Creek Park using DroidForums

fordtheriver

Reaction score
I agree with Sid_Wisc. The bonus of TB is that it will back up the data associated with your apps so you won't have to relogin/register/etc all over again (or save your progress in Angry Birds).
Market should remember everything, but has failed to do so in the past for me. Just clear the cache under the market app in manage apps with a reboot and this usually clears up any market amnesia. If you're redownloading everything, I would recommend Wifi over 3g as well as plugging in to an outlet.

hgrimberg

Reaction score
Fenuxx, please, on rom 0.9.4 add the original 3G Mobile Hotspot app back, because it is really hard to find a good one like the one that was coming on the stock rom.
Thank you and keep up the good work!

OP
Fenuxx

Fenuxx

Vermilion
Developer
Reaction score
At this time, development for Fenom is terminated.

There are reasons for this, which will be made light in due time. However, I will say that the reasons behind this will likely be good for everyone.

I want to thank everyone who's used this ROM. I've learned alot, and I've still got alot more in store for you all, but it'll be in a different path than what this ROM was travelling.

P.S. Before you all ask, no, it has nothing to do with Gingerbread.

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
So I think I'm sold; I'm switching to Phenom from stock, provided no big problems arise. I plan to flash from an SBF file after an OTA. I have no worries about this as I plan to follow directions. This maybe a silly question and not entirely specific to Phenom itself, but as far as all of the apps I've downloaded and payed for, is there an easy way to make a list and maybe have the market remember them all? This may be a default feature and I just don't know it. If I have to pull out a pen and paper, no biggie. Thanks.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Theoretically the market will remember all your apps and download them back to your phone once you change the ROM to the Phenom. If you want to be double sure, you can buy the Titanium Backup and backup all your apps and in case then after you change (read upgrade) your ROM you can go and restore all the apps. If you need instructions let us know and we can help you out... N'joy
@rcc0la You can make a list with app brain but imo its not good form uch more then a reference list..

@sid_wisc, personally I suggest the TB method over the market restore method every day of the week. It takes me about an hour or so to restore using the market. TB takes maybe 15 min, plus you dont loose your data associated with the apps.

Well thank you. I have Titanium Backup. I use it for freezing bloatware. I'm a bit hesitant to backup my apps; I'm a little worried about data corruption when experimented with undervolting. Google Nav will always force close on me within a minute. I'd rather just download everything again. I rarely go over 300MB bandwidth consumption. I probably ought to just take the 10 minutes to jot down all of my market acquisitions, just in case.

Sent from Rock Creek Park using DroidForums
Trying to OC should not damage the SD card as far as I know, but like I said appbrain will make a list for you. Backing up your apps is much better imo for the reasons stated above by me, and the example of angry birds. The data usage is negligible if your using 3G because you have unlimited data, but as I said the restore time is much quicker with Titanium Backup.

Fenuxx, please, on rom 0.9.4 add the original 3G Mobile Hotspot app back, because it is really hard to find a good one like the one that was coming on the stock rom.
Thank you and keep up the good work!
Grab the D2G system dump thats floating around here. Extract it, and simply find the apk. Put it on your SD card using your method of choice, mine is dropbox, and use Astro File manager or similar to install. Considering it is a paid app and bloatware I doubt it will ever be put in any rom. Plus I would guess there are better third party hotspot app on the market or maybe over at XDA that are better then the VZW Hotspot app.

mrjking2000

Reaction score

There are reasons for this, which will be made light in due time. However, I will say that the reasons behind this will likely be good for everyone.

I want to thank everyone who's used this ROM. I've learned alot, and I've still got alot more in store for you all, but it'll be in a different path than what this ROM was travelling.

Dang it I was just getting the hang of this rom...sounds like we have bigger and better coming though. can't wait to hear what it is! dancedroid

sid_wisc

Reaction score

I think you got recruited in the team GRD!!!! That is great news.... will look forward to something new out of this collabaration....

hgrimberg

Reaction score
Grrrrr, why is that when you get a phone call and try to pick it up, sometimes you try to slide the unlock bar and the screen gets locked and unresponsive. Then of course you miss the call. It used to happen to me very often with the stock rom and now today it happened to me with Fenom as well. You miss important phone calls with Android....

clouse2013

Reaction score
Grrrrr, why is that when you get a phone call and try to pick it up, sometimes you try to slide the unlock bar and the screen gets locked and unresponsive. Then of course you miss the call. It used to happen to me very often with the stock rom and now today it happened to me with Fenom as well. You miss important phone calls with Android....
Maybe try an SBF then reroot and flash. Get a good clean base, you know? Ive had no problems with calls, especially not on stock, but hope you figure it out.

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

I think you got recruited in the team GRD!!!! That is great news.... will look forward to something new out of this collabaration....

There was a open invite for him to join GRD but I think he maybe teaming up with Angel

satoru

Reaction score
Why stop? If you do not like where its going, change it? Don't start a whole new project before you finish one. Though I can't actually say since you have not even yet.

CStreible

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to your next endeavor. Glad we could help you try some things with this rom. This rom has (overall) been the one that best suits my needs overseas so far. Bravo. :)

BigJermZ

Reaction score
I brought The phone back to stock and flashed this rom 5 days ago and i have to say its still flying. Only had two reboots or so but with in a few seconds it was back up again, no biggie.

Nice work!

Last edited:

zazabichi

Reaction score
How to replace Launcherpro trial with the full version?
I just tried to replace it in the system/app folder and the phone stucked on the Droid logo.

Status
Not open for further replies.