[ROM] ApeX V2.0.0 Release Candidate (RC2) (6/11/2011)

cwjdog57

Reaction score
Installing...

Yes, Just did. Thank you, I am new to the roms community.

Thank you.

edit: still stuck on logo screen. is there a way to use an sbf while in recovery?

Last edited:

drum747

Reaction score
No problem, we've all been there! Learn to sbf. It will come in handy at some point. I guarantee it!

cwjdog57

Reaction score
please, someone point me to a tutorial and I will be happy. I really just want gingerbread, and this rom is just what I was looking for.

drum747

Reaction score
I take it you were coming from Froyo? You probably will have to SBF. I don't think we can post links to the SBF files here. You will have to google "Droid X SBF files" or something like that to find it elsewhere. Once you get RSD Lite set up and the SBF files and you return to the out of the box state on your phone, I would suggest you google Team Black Hat and purchase their app and download with Firefox. Their app has a 2 part install that will take you from Froyo to Gingerbread, then you can come back here and install Apex. PM me if you have any more questions and I will try to help.

Edit : here is a tutorial: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-rooted-help/100038-complete-droid-x-sbf-flashing-guide.html

Last edited:

DThomp

Reaction score
Were you already on gingerbread? From your last post it doesn't sound like it. You need to be on rooted .596 before you install this.
For sbf use 1KDS's live Linux disk its the easiest way to do it if you haven't dealt with rsd before. Just Google sbf or 1kds or maybe somebody will be able to post a link for you.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

robt7970

Reaction score
I think alot of people are mistaking a bootloop for a long startup.. I thought I was bootlooping but I remember installing my first Tom and it was loooooooong(lib), so this time when I did it I thought it was bl'ing I took a ****, smoked a cigarette, chased my kids around my house, pitched a tent (in living room for kids, came back and Viola... apex. Idk if I helped but its a thought.

DROIDX

cloudkikr

Reaction score
rom is awesomeness.. only issue I'm having is with installing an (or all) apks. i have unknown sources checked off, and im able to do the open the file for the install, but I can't actually push the install button its like its been disabled :icon_eek:

Any ideas would be greatly appriciated

ctslaton

Reaction score
Exchange Server Support?

(Also posted in Droidx.com forum)
When trying to connect to my exchange server, either through the e-mail app or corporate account setup, I get the message "This server requires security features your phone does not support.".
This has happened on almost all other AOSP based ROMS which is one reason I loved Apex on Froyo, it left the part of blur in that allowed my exchange sync to work properly.
Kejar31 was able to get me up and running on an another older ROM he was helping to develop using a different apk that he found that supported the required security features, but I do not have access to the actual apk he used since it got built into the other ROM. Any ideas?

Zog

Reaction score
300+ free MB of mem is flipping awesome. This rom runs much faster than liberty.

Not sure if it's the new animations/transitions but it is not as smooth as rc1. I get a stutter when flipping homescreens and browsing through websites/apps quickly.

Last edited:

urphonesux

Reaction score
Also I can't use voice anything.... anything I say only returns searches for the letters kb or the letter c

metadroid

Reaction score
When dialing *228 to use option 2 to update my roaming capabilities I can not get a touch tone dial pad to show up. The only options I have are back and speaker.

If I exit out of that and hit dialpad it just takes me back to the activation screen.

Any ideas?

FinchDroid

Reaction score
When dialing *228 to use option 2 to update my roaming capabilities I can not get a touch tone dial pad to show up. The only options I have are back and speaker.

If I exit out of that and hit dialpad it just takes me back to the activation screen.

Any ideas?

While in activation, hold the MENU button and it should bring up the dial pad.

Trinicki

Reaction score
Contacts & Ringtone issue

Hi,

I updated to RC2 from rc1 and just noticed my custom ringtones created with Ringdroid/Myxer no longer work. I can assign a ringtone from Ringdroid or Myxer but when I receive a call from the contact it rings to the system default.

I also seem to be unable to find the option to assign a custom ringtone via the actual contact info, i can only assign from a ringtone program. Did i miss this being removed from GB or do i have an issue with my contacts?
EDIT:(found this in options, i only looked in edit.. my bad. the assigned ringtone still doesnt work)

Anyone have similiar issues and if so were you able to correct them?

Last edited:

FinchDroid

Reaction score
Hi,

I updated to RC2 from rc1 and just noticed my custom ringtones created with Ringdroid/Myxer no longer work. I can assign a ringtone from Ringdroid or Myxer but when I receive a call from the contact it rings to the system default.

I also seem to be unable to find the option to assign a custom ringtone via the actual contact info, i can only assign from a ringtone program. Did i miss this being removed from GB or do i have an issue with my contacts?

Anyone have similiar issues and if so were you able to correct them?

I'm having an issue where I get a FC everytime I go to select a ring tone or notification tone. I'm going to wipe data/cache (I did an upgrade from RC1 to RC2) before I jump to say it's a bug.

edit: wipe, reflash RC2. Sound crashed again on 1st boot, reboot again, working now... Odd.

Last edited: