[ROM] ApeX 1.3.1 for Droid X - Running, running, as fast as it can (12/16/10)

manfromnc

OK, I seriously need some help..my wife says more help than this. But, that's another story...On my DX, Did a back up using Titanium BU (system & data), I rooted (Z4), got rid of a lot of Bloatware (only the ones recommended here) loaded Apex, loaded Revolution theme. Kept it a couple of days. Decided that I had lost too much function GMaps, GVoice, etc.(which is prob where my probs began).

So I decided to go back to factory. Did a nandroid. using Backup/R started removing Apex, etc. DX quit functioning. I followed the instructions on DX Forum to get back to factory (Motorola Driver upgrade, SBF .340, RSDLite 4.8). Attempted several times.

Now I'm dead in the water with the following on my DX when either plugged in or with battery (which I checked by meter and is at 3.67). This is what I have on my screen:
Bootloader
Err:A5,70,70,00,1F

MEM_MAP Blank
Service Req'd
Battery Low (flashing)
Cannot Program (Flash)

Can't it be fixed or is it dead?

Any assistance I can get will be greatly appreciated.

"A man has got to know his limitations" Clint Eastwood...and I exceeded mine..

wooddale

you need to get into clockwork recovery I think on the x press the power camera button same time that should get you in you will see alist of options use volume keys to scroll down to backup/restore hit cam key to accept scroll down to rom you have backed up press cam key again reboot you should get back to your rom

jhanford

OK, I seriously need some help..my wife says more help than this. But, that's another story...On my DX, Did a back up using Titanium BU (system & data), I rooted (Z4), got rid of a lot of Bloatware (only the ones recommended here) loaded Apex, loaded Revolution theme. Kept it a couple of days. Decided that I had lost too much function GMaps, GVoice, etc.(which is prob where my probs began).

So I decided to go back to factory. Did a nandroid. using Backup/R started removing Apex, etc. DX quit functioning. I followed the instructions on DX Forum to get back to factory (Motorola Driver upgrade, SBF .340, RSDLite 4.8). Attempted several times.

Now I'm dead in the water with the following on my DX when either plugged in or with battery (which I checked by meter and is at 3.67). This is what I have on my screen:
Bootloader

MEM_MAP Blank
Service Req'd
Battery Low (flashing)
Cannot Program (Flash)

Can't it be fixed or is it dead?

Any assistance I can get will be greatly appreciated.

"A man has got to know his limitations" Clint Eastwood...and I exceeded mine..

First a question: why did you think you had "lost so much"? I'm running ApeX and have all the things you listed as "lost".

Anyway, it looks like you have a mismatch on the kernel and bootloader. You probably went back to and old SBF(?).

Try to SBF to the leaked .320 release and then use the update zips at mydroidworld to bring you up to the full .340 stock ota version.

PACanesFan

Bootloader

MEM_MAP Blank
Service Req'd
Battery Low (flashing)
Cannot Program (Flash)

I searched for your error. Some others reported the same error. However, there was one difference. Their battery line says 'battery ok' and 'ok to program'. I wonder if your X is detecting the battery is too low to flash.

jhanford

Bootloader

MEM_MAP Blank
Service Req'd
Battery Low (flashing)
Cannot Program (Flash)

I searched for your error. Some others reported the same error. However, there was one difference. Their battery line says 'battery ok' and 'ok to program'. I wonder if your X is detecting the battery is too low to flash.

Good catch. I jumped the gun on that.

You need to charge the battery prior to flashing. That will mean either finding someone who also has a Droid X and borrowing their fully charged battery (or having them charge yours), or buying a wall battery charger to charge the battery OUTSIDE of the phone.

manfromnc

Thanx for your response...Didn't work...just keeps sending me back to the same screen..
NOt sure why I lost them. They came up in Titan BU with lines drawn through them, and I couldn't get them back.

I have the .320 loaded into RSD. USB'd my X to my PC.

Now my PC is not seeing my DX. and I'm still getting the same msg on the X

Woe is me!!

manfromnc

Bootloader

MEM_MAP Blank
Service Req'd
Battery Low (flashing)
Cannot Program (Flash)

I tested my battery on my multi meter and its at 3.67 so it is pretty fully charged. I had it on the charger all last night...but, the window still says low battery.

and as I said in my last post...Now my PC is not seeing the X...

gudziel1482

Anyone having reboots constantly? I get reboots and then the screen goes to black when it boots up and says process system not responding, force close or wait. I then have to reboot the phone again to make it work. Anyone seeing anything like this?

Hey Fab, same for me as with others who have said the above. Great ROM and all but on 1.3.1 and even back on 1.3.0, I fairly often experience freezing/hanging and then the "reboot" to the Android boot screen, which isn't really booting and I have to hold down power and choose "Reboot" to make it restart. Or sometimes it will go to the system not responding/force close/wait popup.

It happens at the worst times like trying to use Google Navigation, many many times opening and using the Gallery (usually freezes right after launching the 3d one), and many other various times. I don't think an app or startup process is causing this and I'm using ADW EX.
Also, I cleared my data/cache before flashing this one.

Now I know that 2.3.15 (if I remember the previous version correctly) had issues with rebooting when on the stock lockscreen. Downloading the widgetlocker lockscreen app and "unlock" from the marketplace appeared to alleviate the problem. That was when I was using rubiX focused 1.9.0 though.

Since flashing this ROM, i've updated to 2.3.34 (obviously) but have not re-installed "Widgetlocker Lockscreen" and "Unlock". I was hoping that the new update would have fixed the lockscreen/reboot problem from the earlier release. I've noticed that just about everyday, at roughly the same time my phone will go to black screen lock-up before I see the "Android" bootup animation. Shortly thereafter, the infamous force close/wait popup box after a "Process System Not Responding" error. This happens when I've used many programs throughout the morning. But more predominately, SiriusXM is up and running. Now I'm not saying that's the issue, but other programs have been running also throughout the morning. The process failure usually results in a battery pull, as this is the only way I can restart my phone.

Is there any possible way to find out what processes are all running when the process failure hits?