replacement screen(glass)

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid' started by miamidroid, Feb 2, 2010.

1. tacdusty

tacdusty New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sweet! thank you.

So what should I do? Go into my local Verizon(official) dealer and see what they can do?

I'm also one of those ones who didnt get insurance.

2. OfficeLinebacker

Ratings:
    +0
    Yep, I would try Verizon first and if not, contact Motorola directly.

3. wsidesoups

wsidesoups New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Motorola Fixes

i am going to chime in here about Motorola. this is my first post so feel free to give me the f-u, good now that it is over here it is.

I broke my front glass. i have no idea how it was in my pocket when i pulled it out to answer the glass was cracked whatever. i call motorola to tell them i need to ship it to them to be fixed,at my cost because it was obviously "abuse", after all the arrangements are made the phone is shipped, two days later the phone is at my door with a note in the box that read this is out of warranty due to "abuse" but we can fix it for $75 (which is what the tech guy told me hence the reason i sent it to them). A NOTE! not a call or email or anything they had the phone! then another long conversation with "customer service" another trip to fed ex to send it back... see a pattern yet? got it back in the mail today after all that they sent another note (see above) and red arrow stickers pointing at the cracks. another call ect. basically customer service has no idea why they cant fix it. what kind of company is this? i like the android platform as much as the next guy but to put up with this is maddening.

4. OfficeLinebacker

Ratings:
    +0
    Wow what a sucky story. Have you checked the link I posted and tried to contact one of those service centers directly?

Oh just so you know, I don't mean the story is bad, I mean the treatment you're getting from Motorola sucks.

5. christim

christim Super Moderator
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +2
    My worst nightmare happened today!! post #11

Give the above thread a look through. If the phone is toast then taking it apart and trying to fix it yourself can't be all bad. The company in the video says they are getting parts too. The video has been around for a while so maybe they have parts already or at least can steer folks in the right direction as I'm sure they get lots of calls from folks.

Good luck and let us know if you get further down the path so others can follow you if it works out.

#29 christim, Mar 19, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2010
  6. wsidesoups

wsidesoups New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    thanks

thanks for the help i am looking through all the threads suggested to find some place to order it. as you said if its already broken how much more damage can be done. i will post how it all turns out.

7. OfficeLinebacker

Ratings:
    +0
    This is ridiculous. I'm going to re-double my efforts to get parts for the DROID.

8. WideBody

WideBody New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Please let us know

OfficeLinbacker,

Thanks for your efforts... I have been away traveling.... despite the crack, the Droid still works great. (I would caution, if there is a crack, to put a screen protector over it, to prevent moisture from getting in.)

Here is an excellent video I found on taking apart the Droid

If you find replacement glass, please let us know, I am sure your first order will sell out quickly.

Regards

9. OfficeLinebacker

Ratings:
    +0
    great video, thanks. Interesting they produced that video, but search for DROID on their website and no hits.

Speaking of no hits, no hits on getting the part. I may have some downtime today to go wait on hold with the Motorola service department and see if I can find out anything more.

10. wsidesoups

wsidesoups New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    its back

well what do you think i found in my mailbox this evening? the droid is back its fixed and it was free because of the jerking around they gave me. well i guess "customer service" came through after all.

11. AnneDroid

AnneDroid Rescue Squad
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +0

Good for you! I just love a happy ending... :)

12. OfficeLinebacker

Ratings:
    +0
    Glad you were able to get your problem resolved. I'm still pursuing avenues to be able to do it myself.

Search tags for this page

android glass replacement

android screen repair phoenix

droid replacement glass

glass cover for motorola droid ce0168
how to replace glass on motorola droid
motorola ce0168 screen protector
motorola ce0168 screen replacement
motorola screen repair
replacement glass for android phone
verizon screen replacement