replacement screen(glass)

miamidroid

Reaction score
Anyone know where to pickup replacement screens for the fone? One of my droids has a cracked screen and I would like to replace this.

Reaction score
I've found a few places that purport to sell the Droid front glass/touchscreen and the LCD. They are out of stock and expect more by the end of February.

This coincides with the Chinese New Year. Cell phone repair parts have been really hard to get a hold of for a few weeks now because of this. Apparently the whole country shuts down for like twelve days around CNY.

Last edited:

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Couldn't you buy the glass directly from the company that makes it somehow? The company that makes Gorilla Glass? I'd say they have a website or something...

Reaction score
Couldn't you buy the glass directly from the company that makes it somehow? The company that makes Gorilla Glass? I'd say they have a website or something...
Generally speaking one buys the parts from a cell phone supplier in the USA. The next middleman up is a parts broker in China proper. At that point one is dealing in minimum order quantities of 10+

WideBody

Reaction score
me too

I can't believe it is not possible to fix the cracked glass.

I love my Droid, it is not a phone it is a tool. I have recommended it to everyone. I was ready to leave Verizon if they did not come out with a good phone... the Droid saved Verizon for me.

However, the phone dropped from a table in the computer room to the floor, it cracked the glass.. over time it is now shattered but works completely.

I called Verizon and there is NO OPTIONS to fix it.

So now I get to go around and tell everone what a great phone it is, but get the insurance, because there is NO possible way to fix it if anything goes wrong!

Amazing, I will now go around telling everyone how crappy Verizon is.

I am not looking for a free replacement. However, I do not want to pay $149 to fix a $199 phone. I am looking for a $2 piece of gorilla glass.

I wonder what would happen to GM if they made a car, but did not have any replacement parts???

Sadly, I never got the Verizon follow up call.

Last edited:

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Amazing, I will now go around telling everyone how crappy Verizon is.

cause you broke your phone and didnt get insurance???

^+1... that post (well many point in it) is just ignorant...

I wonder what would happen to GM if they made a car, but did not have any replacement parts???

Well GM does NOT make the glass for their vehicles NOR do they stock it... if you windshield or windows get broken you (or your bodyshop) contact a GLASS SUPPLIER for replacement... try breaking the monitor on your laptop of you desktop display and see if you get the manufacturer to send you just the replacement part(s)...

Stop blaming others for your own fault(s), in this case not having insurance.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I agree that it's amazing the the parts are so hard to find. But I think this is a Motorola thing, not a Verizon thing. Motorola parts are notoriously hard to find.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
"Amazing, I will now go around telling everyone how crappy Verizon is."

Amazing. Another 1st post, no clue troll chiming in.

"I'm going to scream how bad they are because I didnt take insurance and broke the phone and they won't help me".

Grow up. Get the insurance if you can and get another.

Or leave the Droid for something else.

Ol is also correct, I used to be in sofla, and a lot of Chinese cell warehouse places in Miami would have parts would be closed for 10-15 days, drive one mad. :)

WideBody

Reaction score
cracked screens are a problem!

to johall07

I am not a troll, it is my first post because this IS a problem, I could identify with.

Did Motorola/Verizon ever stop to think that the phone may drop? Is the glass built to withstand every drop? What if the speaker module goes bad? I now have to buy a new phone?

Please, the push for insurance on a consumer product leads me to believe that this forum is filled with Verizon/Motorola staff.

I am asking to fix a simple problem, and I am being told by Verizon the phone needs to be replaced. And I am a troll?

Oh great high ones, I have now learned my lessons... when buying substandard Motorola products, I need insurance, because if and when the phone shall break, it can never be repaired.

Post number 2 and my first internet rant in 15 years. :mad:

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
to johall07

I am not a troll, it is my first post because this IS a problem, I could identify with.

Did Motorola/Verizon ever stop to think that the phone may drop? Is the glass built to withstand every drop? What if the speaker module goes bad? I now have to buy a new phone?

Please, the push for insurance on a consumer product leads me to believe that this forum is filled with Verizon/Motorola staff.

I am asking to fix a simple problem, and I am being told by Verizon the phone needs to be replaced. And I am a troll?

Oh great high ones, I have now learned my lessons... when buying substandard Motorola products, I need insurance, because if and when the phone shall break, it can never be repaired.

Post number 2 and my first internet rant in 15 years. :mad:

This has nothing to do with Motorola (though I will agree they are substandard, but for other reasons)... NO CARRIER, not VZW, not AT&T, not T-Mobile is in the business to sell parts for their phones... NONE of them will sell you major parts like screens for ANY PHONE!!!! And yes, I've had all those carries and have had smart-phones on each and I've had to replace SEVERAL screens (when it's cheap to replace than pay the deductible)... that's the name of the game with these types of phones. If you don't like it get a cheap/standard phone.

Get a clue (or insurance), then come back for post #3....:icon_ devil:
Again, if the window on your car breaks do you go to the dealer, or do you call a glass replacement company?

Last edited: