Did your Asurion replacement come with battery and SD card??!

c-droiduser

Reaction score
Store

Well in the past I have had Sprint and if I had to replace a phone with insurance they actually handled everything and all I had to do was hand them my junk phone they handed me a new one set it up and they took care of the insurance claim. I even got an email from the insurance confirming they were taking care of it.

CityLightsOZ

Reaction score
Iv had to insure a few devices and I always report them as lost, not damaged..

Verizon now requires you to file a police report on all lost/stolen devices, so you cannot use them in the future. My friend reported hers as stolen, and gave it to a friend. and the police showed up at her friend's door and arrested her. They found her via GPS. Smart.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Iv had to insure a few devices and I always report them as lost, not damaged..

Verizon now requires you to file a police report on all lost/stolen devices, so you cannot use them in the future. My friend reported hers as stolen, and gave it to a friend. and the police showed up at her friend's door and arrested her. They found her via GPS. Smart.

Wow, what a dumb thing to do. Do people ever think that filing a false police report is a crime?

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i just filed a claim saturday for mine LOST and i did not have to file a police report..will let everyone knows how it comes though should be here tommorow.. i have to send it back someone found my phone and i got it back// axurion said they will refund 7-14 days after they get device back in there warehouse

CityLightsOZ

Reaction score
i just filed a claim saturday for mine LOST and i did not have to file a police report..will let everyone knows how it comes though should be here tommorow.. i have to send it back someone found my phone and i got it back// axurion said they will refund 7-14 days after they get device back in there warehouse

I work for Verizon. Let me correct myself, if you tell Verizon your phone is "STOLEN" you will have to report a police report. I believe I said lost in my last post.

b-jammin21

Reaction score

I work for Verizon. Let me correct myself, if you tell Verizon your phone is "STOLEN" you will have to report a police report. I believe I said lost in my last post.

I reported mine stolen, and they did not require a police report from me. Also, I did not have to send in a replacement device. They sent me a brand new phone with everything included.

Maybe I was a special case...??? I don't know, but it worked out for me...

michael123

Reaction score
i recently filed a claim on my droid eris, Asurion upgraded me to the droid they stated the eris was on backorder or something, i was glad because the 2.1 update was horrible on my eris.

BTW they gave me a refurbish phone with no sd card, i had to use my 8gig eris card.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I reported mine stolen, and they did not require a police report from me. Also, I did not have to send in a replacement device. They sent me a brand new phone with everything included.

Maybe I was a special case...??? I don't know, but it worked out for me...

+1 brand new phone, SD card, charger, battery

Titan33

Reaction score
i got one about 2 weeks ago and sd card battery cable charger and battery cover was all included

Donner

Reaction score
Mine went missing

Either fell off my shorts or I set it down and someone walked off with it. I made my claim online and the arrival date is Monday.

You'd think with all the options the phone comes with, it could be tracked. I know I installed a tracking app (forget which one) but I have not had any success with anyone being able to track it on their phone. You'd think someone would write an app so you could track it from your computer, without having to activate Verizon's family plan.

cappa86

Reaction score
Hey all!

I broke the glass on my Motorola Droid and I am wondering how I should approach Asurion. I would prefer to just have the glass replaced as I am leery of refurb units. Doesn't seem like anyone does this yet :mad: Sooooo, I am wondering how many of you recieved your replacement with the battery and SD card? Will Asurion only send the replacement with battery and SD card if it has been lost or stolen??

I have also heard of some people getting replacements from VZW for $50 bucks when only the screen is broken. Any of you have experience with this? Thanks!

well i work for verizon so i can tell you that there is no longer a program to get devices for 50$, now it is a cpo program and the droid is 289.99 for a replacement, now for asurion they will replace anything you tell them was damaged

Titan33

Reaction score
Either fell off my shorts or I set it down and someone walked off with it. I made my claim online and the arrival date is Monday.

You'd think with all the options the phone comes with, it could be tracked. I know I installed a tracking app (forget which one) but I have not had any success with anyone being able to track it on their phone. You'd think someone would write an app so you could track it from your computer, without having to activate Verizon's family plan.

doesnt wavesecure track your phone and locks it??

kprojects

Reaction score
My wife is trying to get a replacement droid for hers that she dropped - asurion is telling her that the droid is no longer made/available (on the website) and pushin her at an eris.

Bah.

b-jammin21

Reaction score
My wife is trying to get a replacement droid for hers that she dropped - asurion is telling her that the droid is no longer made/available (on the website) and pushin her at an eris.

Bah.

Same here. I've been having problems with my Droid's dialer, not being able to receive or send out calls or texts.

So they told me the Droid is no longer in production. They gave me 2 options, some Audiovox crap phone and the Motorola Devour. I WANT A DROID REPLACEMENT!!!!

However, since my current Droid is not functioning as a phone, which I need it to do, I went with the Devour.....Uncool.