Did your Asurion replacement come with battery and SD card??!

Roc_Droid

Reaction score
I dropped my phone three times on Tuesday and the third time did it in. I took it to the Verizon store on Wednesday and they said they would try to fix it but if they couldn't fix it, I could either have them order me one from their warehouse, which takes two or three days or call Asurion and get one sent overnight. I left it for them to attempt a fix and, in the meantime, came back here to see what people's experiences were with Asurion. Between the sketchy service and the $89 deductible, I decided against calling them. Verizon ordered me one for no charge and should be here tomorrow or Monday, at the latest.

I will update this post to let everyone know what kind of phone I received.

NeoandGeo

Reaction score

I would love to tell you, but after trying to file a claim today, the only two phones I have to choose from are the Eris, and the Devour. :| But looks like I've been essentially paying $8 a month for absolutely nothing.

Maybe after a few months, they will have a replacement that is equal, or better. :)

Last edited:

kprojects

Reaction score
I complained and now she's getting an incredible :)

Last edited:

rustynail09

Reaction score
I had water have a nasty encounter with my original rooted droid 2 weeks back. Water had gotten in between the case and the glass, in turn the screen was gone... after a little bit of moaping around about it, got online and filed my claim.

Less than 18 hrs., I had a brand new sealed droid box in my hands, which included new battery and SD card. (of course I took care of my rooted problem prior to returning my old phone to Asurion, DON'T ASK!)

Roc_Droid

Reaction score
This morning, I received a "Like New Certified Replacement" Droid with no battery, no SD card and no battery cover.

NeoandGeo

Reaction score

FYI, checked this morning, and they have the Droid in stock. Got a replacement coming tomorrow. Will let you know if it is indeed a Droid, and what it comes with. The receipt says it at least comes with battery, cover, and home charger.

NautiIntentions

Reaction score
Dropped my phone 4 months after I got it and damaged the 3G receiver, got a refurbished phone. No battery or SD card. My nephew's started turning off on its own. He got a refurbished, no battery or SD card as well.

mrgoochio

Reaction score
This morning, I received a "Like New Certified Replacement" Droid with no battery, no SD card and no battery cover.

odd, when i got my refurb from asurion it came with a battery and sandisk 16gb microsd + a charger.

has anyone returned their droids to asurion without sending the charger battery or microsd to them? lol if they can ship a phone to us without them, we should be able to ship phones w/out them too -_- i just dont want to get slapped with hundreds of dollars in fees for not returning everything lol

micp1480

Reaction score
I received a replacement phone from Asurion and it looked like they literally threw the damn phone in a box and sent it. When I found out about the price of the 16 bit sd card that didn't come with it, I almost went through the roof. I made a call to Asurion and gave them a piece of my mind, and I got the phone I so deserved, end of story. Why must we go through all this crap when we are paying for the insurance. There is no excuses, I have paying into this for years, and I, and no one else for that matter, should have to settle for anything less than what we have purchased. Maybe if all didn't pay our bill, maybe Verizon will get a better insurance company to cover our phones.

MICP 1480

b-jammin21

Reaction score

odd, when i got my refurb from asurion it came with a battery and sandisk 16gb microsd + a charger.

has anyone returned their droids to asurion without sending the charger battery or microsd to them? lol if they can ship a phone to us without them, we should be able to ship phones w/out them too -_- i just dont want to get slapped with hundreds of dollars in fees for not returning everything lol

When I have received replacements in the past, they told me to send in my old phone without the battery, charger, or any other accessories (SD card, etc.) So, needless to say, I got to keep those and had extras!

mrgoochio

Reaction score

When I have received replacements in the past, they told me to send in my old phone without the battery, charger, or any other accessories (SD card, etc.) So, needless to say, I got to keep those and had extras!

really? damn i sent my first phone in with all the accessories, the refurb they sent me has defective headphone jack so im getting my brand new replacement today. battery and sd card on this phone and charger work fine though. maybe ill keep them. what damage did you have on your phone when they said not to send them back? was it full water submersion? could be why they didn't want u to send it

sweetdroid

Reaction score
anytime i replaced a phone thru assurian was because i lost a phone so i ofcourse got a new one, i would assume u still get a new one, warranty is when u should get a refurb.. thats just my experience, i would ***** otherwise.

mrgoochio

Reaction score
return postage that asurion sent me specifically stated not to include accessories when returning my mobile device. i'm keeping the battery charger and sd card ;)