Did your Asurion replacement come with battery and SD card??!

woahdang1987

Reaction score
Hey all!

I broke the glass on my Motorola Droid and I am wondering how I should approach Asurion. I would prefer to just have the glass replaced as I am leery of refurb units. Doesn't seem like anyone does this yet :mad: Sooooo, I am wondering how many of you recieved your replacement with the battery and SD card? Will Asurion only send the replacement with battery and SD card if it has been lost or stolen??

I have also heard of some people getting replacements from VZW for $50 bucks when only the screen is broken. Any of you have experience with this? Thanks!

Serialkilla

Reaction score
I received 2 replacements with Asurion,and both times - they were brand new Droids! Sealed boxes. Which I thought was kinda crazy,because it's usually refurbs they send. I guess because it's still a somewhat new device,they don't have many refurbs yet? Go for it!

OP
W

woahdang1987

Reaction score
Dang, so I am guessing that they came with batteries and cards?!

OP
W

woahdang1987

Reaction score
GMofOLC: it is the insurance company that Verizon uses for all of it's products.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
Hey all!

I broke the glass on my Motorola Droid and I am wondering how I should approach Asurion. I would prefer to just have the glass replaced as I am leery of refurb units. Doesn't seem like anyone does this yet :mad: Sooooo, I am wondering how many of you recieved your replacement with the battery and SD card? Will Asurion only send the replacement with battery and SD card if it has been lost or stolen??

I have also heard of some people getting replacements from VZW for $50 bucks when only the screen is broken. Any of you have experience with this? Thanks!

A guy I work with had his Dorid go south. They said they are sending him a refurb with no battery, no battery door, no SD card, and no cables. Just the unit for him to replace and then send the old one back. Earlier people got new Droids as replacements because there were no refurbs back then. We are now getting the units they returned.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I broke the glass on my Motorola Droid and I am wondering how I should approach Asurion. I would prefer to just have the glass replaced as I am leery of refurb units.
They won't repair and return your unit to you. You will get a replacement.

If you want your Droid repaired then you'll need to look into getting the glass replaced without involving Asurion.

If you're leery of refurbs then why do you have insurance from Asurion? The industry standard is to issue refurbs as replacements unless there aren't refurbs available. Other insurers may be a better option if you want to purchase a replacement and have them issue you some sort of reimbursement.

Last edited:

ytwokc5

Reaction score
We just got an Asurion replacement for my wife's Eris and it was definitely brand new, included everything in the box a new phone would, including battery and SD card. They explicitly tell you when you return the damaged phone NOT to return the original battery, sd card, or charger. So now we have backups!

yoaj

Reaction score
I recently lost my droid and had to call asurion to get my replacement. they said the phone would come with battery, battery cover, and a charger. NO SD CARD.

i proceeded to be pissed because the 16GB included sd card is around 100$ retail. FML. i asked to speak with somebody higher than the rep i was speaking with and they said gladly.

again, the same response and again with me, i continued to stand firm on the fact that they WERE going to be giving me a new SD card. Again, i asked to speak to yet another higher up.

After waiting and finally reaching somebody with some management power, she agreed that she would have a phone shipped right from motorola to me and if the sd card was not included then i can buy one and send asurion the receipt and they would reimburse me.

Next day phone arrives and it is NOT from motorola. it was a refurb. and no SD card.

I have the phone extension and name of the woman who agreed on the reimbursement. I plan on calling her and reassuring my refund on the purchase price of the SD card before I go out to buy one.

FML

slinky

Reaction score
Luck of the draw. It's why I am very leery of insurance. I will only buy and use first few months and then, forget it. Not worth it.

b-jammin21

Reaction score
I lost my phone over the weekend, and filed a claim on Monday with Asurion and paid the $50 deductible. Got my phone yesterday (Tuesday).

I have NEVER had ANY problems with Asurion whatsoever. Their service and equipment I've received have always been of the utmost quality. They have really gotten me out of some sticky situations where otherwise I would have had to pay hundreds of dollars retail for a phone replacement.

As far as I know, the replacement phone they sent me was new in the box. It INCLUDED the battery, battery door, SD card, and charger - same as if I would have bought the phone brand new.

I would recommend Asurion to anyone, as I have never experienced any difficulties or problems in the 3 or 4 claims I have filed with them since I've been a Verizon customer.

D

davidjmorin

havin worked in the cell world for about 6 years. I know for a fact that it should come with all the same equipment as the factory box. Some do come in as refurbs. not sure if the droid would be as it is new. but yeah to answwer your question yes.

yearn

Reaction score
My opinion on insurance is, if its gonna cost me the same wether I send it back or not, then im keeping it!
Iv had to insure a few devices and I always report them as lost, not damaged.
If you say its just the screen broke then you run the risk of them saying "well, keep your battery and back and SD card and we'll just send you a refurbed unit.

c-droiduser

Reaction score
Insurance

My droid died a watery death, called assusion and had NEW droid next day (sat) to my office with battery, cover, SDcard, and charger sealed in new box. They were much more helpful than the local verizon store, they wouldn't even try to help.