Did your Asurion replacement come with battery and SD card??!

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid' started by woahdang1987, Apr 5, 2010.

1. woahdang1987

woahdang1987 New Member

Hey all!

I broke the glass on my Motorola Droid and I am wondering how I should approach Asurion. I would prefer to just have the glass replaced as I am leery of refurb units. Doesn't seem like anyone does this yet :mad: Sooooo, I am wondering how many of you recieved your replacement with the battery and SD card? Will Asurion only send the replacement with battery and SD card if it has been lost or stolen??

I have also heard of some people getting replacements from VZW for $50 bucks when only the screen is broken. Any of you have experience with this? Thanks!
  2. Serialkilla

Serialkilla New Member

I received 2 replacements with Asurion,and both times - they were brand new Droids! Sealed boxes. Which I thought was kinda crazy,because it's usually refurbs they send. I guess because it's still a somewhat new device,they don't have many refurbs yet? Go for it!
  3. woahdang1987

woahdang1987 New Member

Dang, so I am guessing that they came with batteries and cards?!
  4. Serialkilla

Serialkilla New Member

Sure did! Brand new units.
  5. GMofOLC

GMofOLC New Member

What is this Asurion replacement you speak of?
  6. woahdang1987

woahdang1987 New Member

GMofOLC: it is the insurance company that Verizon uses for all of it's products.
  7. LifeIsABeach

LifeIsABeach New Member

A guy I work with had his Dorid go south. They said they are sending him a refurb with no battery, no battery door, no SD card, and no cables. Just the unit for him to replace and then send the old one back. Earlier people got new Droids as replacements because there were no refurbs back then. We are now getting the units they returned.
  8. takeshi

takeshi New Member

They won't repair and return your unit to you. You will get a replacement.

If you want your Droid repaired then you'll need to look into getting the glass replaced without involving Asurion.

If you're leery of refurbs then why do you have insurance from Asurion? The industry standard is to issue refurbs as replacements unless there aren't refurbs available. Other insurers may be a better option if you want to purchase a replacement and have them issue you some sort of reimbursement.
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2010
  9. ytwokc5

ytwokc5 New Member

We just got an Asurion replacement for my wife's Eris and it was definitely brand new, included everything in the box a new phone would, including battery and SD card. They explicitly tell you when you return the damaged phone NOT to return the original battery, sd card, or charger. So now we have backups!
  10. yoaj

yoaj New Member

I recently lost my droid and had to call asurion to get my replacement. they said the phone would come with battery, battery cover, and a charger. NO SD CARD.

i proceeded to be pissed because the 16GB included sd card is around 100$ retail. FML. i asked to speak with somebody higher than the rep i was speaking with and they said gladly.

again, the same response and again with me, i continued to stand firm on the fact that they WERE going to be giving me a new SD card. Again, i asked to speak to yet another higher up.

After waiting and finally reaching somebody with some management power, she agreed that she would have a phone shipped right from motorola to me and if the sd card was not included then i can buy one and send asurion the receipt and they would reimburse me.

Next day phone arrives and it is NOT from motorola. it was a refurb. and no SD card.

I have the phone extension and name of the woman who agreed on the reimbursement. I plan on calling her and reassuring my refund on the purchase price of the SD card before I go out to buy one.

FML
  11. slinky

slinky New Member

Luck of the draw. It's why I am very leery of insurance. I will only buy and use first few months and then, forget it. Not worth it.
  12. b-jammin21

b-jammin21 New Member

I lost my phone over the weekend, and filed a claim on Monday with Asurion and paid the $50 deductible. Got my phone yesterday (Tuesday).

I have NEVER had ANY problems with Asurion whatsoever. Their service and equipment I've received have always been of the utmost quality. They have really gotten me out of some sticky situations where otherwise I would have had to pay hundreds of dollars retail for a phone replacement.

As far as I know, the replacement phone they sent me was new in the box. It INCLUDED the battery, battery door, SD card, and charger - same as if I would have bought the phone brand new.

I would recommend Asurion to anyone, as I have never experienced any difficulties or problems in the 3 or 4 claims I have filed with them since I've been a Verizon customer.
  13. davidjmorin

davidjmorin New Member

havin worked in the cell world for about 6 years. I know for a fact that it should come with all the same equipment as the factory box. Some do come in as refurbs. not sure if the droid would be as it is new. but yeah to answwer your question yes.
  14. yearn

yearn New Member

My opinion on insurance is, if its gonna cost me the same wether I send it back or not, then im keeping it!
    Iv had to insure a few devices and I always report them as lost, not damaged.
    If you say its just the screen broke then you run the risk of them saying "well, keep your battery and back and SD card and we'll just send you a refurbed unit.
  15. c-droiduser

c-droiduser New Member

Insurance

My droid died a watery death, called assusion and had NEW droid next day (sat) to my office with battery, cover, SDcard, and charger sealed in new box. They were much more helpful than the local verizon store, they wouldn't even try to help.
  16. vatothe0

vatothe0 New Member

What did you expect the store to do?
  17. c-droiduser

c-droiduser New Member

Store

Well in the past I have had Sprint and if I had to replace a phone with insurance they actually handled everything and all I had to do was hand them my junk phone they handed me a new one set it up and they took care of the insurance claim. I even got an email from the insurance confirming they were taking care of it.
  18. CityLightsOZ

CityLightsOZ New Member

Verizon now requires you to file a police report on all lost/stolen devices, so you cannot use them in the future. My friend reported hers as stolen, and gave it to a friend. and the police showed up at her friend's door and arrested her. They found her via GPS. Smart.
  19. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Wow, what a dumb thing to do. Do people ever think that filing a false police report is a crime?
  20. justin82

justin82 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

i just filed a claim saturday for mine LOST and i did not have to file a police report..will let everyone knows how it comes though should be here tommorow.. i have to send it back someone found my phone and i got it back// axurion said they will refund 7-14 days after they get device back in there warehouse
Search tags for this page
asurion do i need to return battery
asurion phone case replacement

asurion send back battery

asurion sent me a new galaxy s3 but not sd card
att; returning damaged device; should i keep new charger and
can i the battery asurion send to me
do i have to send my sd card to asurion

does asurion cover sd cards

does asurion send batterys with the phone
does my replacement phone from asurion come with a battery?
new samsung s3 the insurance company sent me didnt come with
what do i need to return to asurion
when asurion sends yiu a new phone do they send an sd card
when does asurion's phone come
when you order a phone from asurion, does it come with the m