1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Asurion

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by Dyerseve, Feb 12, 2011.

1. Dyerseve

Dyerseve New Member

Readers Digest version:

Lost my Droid in Times Square in March of 2010. Phone was found and I got it back. Already had it replaced by Asurion, so just used the old one as a spare battery/Rom tester. Replacement one is crapping out (headphone jack is done). Tried to have the old one activated again, which Verizon had no problem with since the ESN matched. Asurion on the other hand wouldn't allow me to because it has been on their lost/stolen list for more than 7 days. So instead, they're going to replace the defective droid with a new one because its still under warranty. Needless to say I think this is one of the dumbest business practices I've heard in a while.

The question is, the Asurion Rep said only send back the phone. No battery, no card etc. I'm running Bugless on it, do I need to install a stock 2.2 rom on the phone or can I leave bugless on there? Dont want them to try and charge me 300 bucks because I voided their warranty or something by putting a custom rom on it.

Thanks in advance.
  2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Wait a second. Let's stop and talk about what you think is dumb.

The moment you lost that first phone in Times Square and got it replaced, it was no longer your phone. You had no right to keep it, you should have turned it over to Asurion. It's their phone.

Now for the second part the chances of you getting caught with Bugless on your phone are probably slim but why risk it? Bring the phone back to stock to be on the safe side.
  3. Dyerseve

Dyerseve New Member

Nowhere was I told that in the event it was recovered it needed to be turned over to Asurion. I would have had no problem with it. I even offered to send back the faulty phone. All I wanted was the original Droid reactivated because there is nothing wrong with it. But apparently now its a paperweight and a test dummy haha. I just dont see the logic in sending me another phone when I have a perfectly functional one here. But hey, I'm not complaining. I'll be more than happy to take a new (or refurbed) droid with a new battery.

Thank you for the reply. Where would be the best place to locate a stock ROM?