[ROM] [RELEASE] Steel Droid: 5.6 - Ice Cream Sandwich - 6-8-2012

mcaden

Reaction score
Awesome work!

I was wondering though about the question I still haven't received an answer to. Are the video codecs the reason netflix doesn't work?

OP
chevycam94

chevycam94

SteelDroid ROM / Cortex ROM Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P, VZW Note Edge, D1
That would be a YES. If it has to do with decoding a video stream, then its codec related. I talked to Hashcode today about that, and its looking grim for the Droid 3 on the video codec front.

TDJ112

Reaction score
Where's the music app? Do i have to DL from play like the google map ap? Why did you not include those? I would imagine everyone uses them

Reaction score
TDJ112 said:
Where's the music app? Do i have to DL from play like the google map ap? Why did you not include those? I would imagine everyone uses them

Chevy doesn't include the easily attainable apps because they're just that - easily attainable.

Think about it from his perspective, you wanna make a download as streamlined as possible with a quick system that has functionality and beauty that's got every piece of h/w working(screen, keyboard, headphone jack etc)and has all the integrated software (like phone, wifi, phonebook, memory cards, settings etc) while doing all this coding for free in his spare time with (hopefully) a whole other life to maintain.

Now your complaining about having to dl a few apps that are easily and readily available for free that most likely are already attatched to your google account and would probably download automatically if you could just put your phone down for ten minutes and let it catch up? Seriously...

Sorry to vent guys,
Good work Chevy.

TDJ112

Reaction score
Having probs with the camera with this V55 that were fine on 5.3.....Camera barely works....anyone else having a similar prob?

TDJ112

Reaction score
I wasnt *****ing at him or anything....I thought mayhbe he missed it it or something dude....i dunno....

But thx for the explanation

BTW, hows the camera working on yours? Mine's not doing too well....app opens then there's nothing but grey screen.....weird

Reaction score
TDJ112 said:
I wasnt *****ing at him or anything....I thought mayhbe he missed it it or something dude....i dunno....

But thx for the explanation

BTW, hows the camera working on yours? Mine's not doing too well....app opens then there's nothing but grey screen.....weird

No worries mate.

I'm not flashing it cuz I know that everyone is having camera issues w/ the ics roms and I'm going somewhere picturesque this weekend and want my camera working. Liberty has some cool camera options that's where I am currently. I will be trying this out next week.

TDJ112

Reaction score
FYI camera was working great on 5.3....could be something simple

Yonnor

I r Teh Greetest
Reaction score
Flashing now, I'll look into the Camera issues while at work and see if I can help. Great work though Chevy. :) Can't wait to see that PCB goodness in the future either! Lol

Butt-Dialed from my Hamburger Phone

MikeTheCat

Reaction score
Just flashed this and everything is working perfect. BUT GET THE DANG DOGGIE FILE EXPLORER OFF. I WOULD RATHER USE MY OWN.

Oh, And something I don't understand: Netflix works perfect. And well, Everything video related is perfect for me. The only thing that doesn't work is the panoramic camera and face detect.

OP
chevycam94

chevycam94

SteelDroid ROM / Cortex ROM Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P, VZW Note Edge, D1
MikeTheCat said:
Just flashed this and everything is working perfect. BUT GET THE DANG DOGGIE FILE EXPLORER OFF. I WOULD RATHER USE MY OWN.

Oh, And something I don't understand: Netflix works perfect. And well, Everything video related is perfect for me. The only thing that doesn't work is the panoramic camera and face detect.

I include Doggie so that people have an ICS-themed file explorer app already there, without the need to download one each time they flash my ROM. Saves a bit of data usage, and a lot of time, if you have 99% of the apps you always use, already on your SD card. That way you can just go in with Doggie, and install every app you want, no delay, including whatever file manager you use. When your ready, just use your file manager if choice and delete Doggie from /system/app/.

Also, you have video playback? How? Doesn't even work for me. I know face detect and all don't work, but video camera and video playback works?

redraff

Reaction score
I think this is the best rom for my D3, but I have 2 questions:

*Will it work in a GSM network? (I already have unlocked the phone, and heard you cant get to the 'mobile network' menu in the older version - is it fixed for this version?)
*Can I flash it - I'm running version 5.7.906 -motoblur

Thanks for al the answers

Reaction score
How would I go about testing the video codecs?

Chevy, do people complain about the physical keyboard becoming totally unresponsive several hours after installation? I don't understand what could have caused it. Some time after the keyboard stopped working, it started booting over and over. It would turn on, wait like 30 seconds and sit at the home screen, then reboot and repeat.