[ROM] [RELEASE] Steel Droid: 5.6 - Ice Cream Sandwich - 6-8-2012

MikeTheCat

Reaction score
I hope to have a new build, v5.5, soon. Dont know when. Its takinga while to get the build environment to build again. Hashcode has made some commits, but they have yet to be reviewed. Its not over, just taking a long time. lol

Skipping v5.4? lol. Anyway, when the new version comes out, I'll flash it like a rocket. This ROM is awesome!

carb0nxl

Reaction score
Hello,

Please bear with me, seeing this is my very first time rooting and installing a ROM on any phone. I've followed all your instructions and set up Safestrap to boot to the installed SteelDroid ICS mod, which is awesome.

I have a problem though, I can't get my service back on. When I go to the menu and I try to click on "Mobile Networks", it gives me this error...

"Unfortunately, this process com.android.phone has stopped."

Every time I try to open the Network menu. So I can't reactivate my phone because it has no network connection/service. I do have working wifi though but that won't help me with reactivation via *228.

Any tips on this? I've searched for a fix on this but the results I've found are irrelevant, due to the situation being different from mine.

Thanks and keep up the good work.

OP
chevycam94

chevycam94

SteelDroid ROM / Cortex ROM Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P, VZW Note Edge, D1
I have had that error as well. I will see what happens with my new build, when I get it to actually build. lol

mcaden

Reaction score
New user

Yesterday I modded my phone for the first time. I've got SafeStrap, ClockwordMod, made the appropriate backups, and loaded this steel droid version. Everything has been a breeze except the original rooting needed to take into account that I had updated.

I have 2 questions. Forgive me if they are n00bish:

1. Netflix doesn't run. Is this due to the video codec issue mentioned in the original post?
  2. Notifications - I can't clear them from the dragged down popup? I have to actually view the full notification even when it means firing up the associated app? Is there something I'm missing?

MikeTheCat

Reaction score
Yesterday I modded my phone for the first time. I've got SafeStrap, ClockwordMod, made the appropriate backups, and loaded this steel droid version. Everything has been a breeze except the original rooting needed to take into account that I had updated.

I have 2 questions. Forgive me if they are n00bish:

1. Netflix doesn't run. Is this due to the video codec issue mentioned in the original post?
  2. Notifications - I can't clear them from the dragged down popup? I have to actually view the full notification even when it means firing up the associated app? Is there something I'm missing?
1. Netflix works just fine for me.
2. Flick the notifications to the right or click the 'X' in the top right corner.

mcaden

Reaction score
2. Flick the notifications to the right or click the 'X' in the top right corner.
  1. Playing something from netflix plays about 5 seconds of black screen without audio, then the timer on the seek bar halts at 5 seconds - app doesn't crash, just sits there "playing" at the 5 second mark with a black screen and no audio. If I seek to somewhere else the seek bar will go where I tell it to and it will "buffer" but it won't play. If I hit pause and hit play again the button will react but the seek timer doesn't continue and the screen is still black.
  2. I see no 'X' but flicking to the right works perfectly, thanks!

Update:
  1. Reboot - no change
  2. Uninstall/Reinstall - no change
  3. Clear netflix data cache - no change
  4. Tried both 3G and Wifi - no change

Last edited:

pondd

Reaction score

I am curious how you got Netflix working. I haven't been able to get it working in any ICS roms. Thanks

MikeTheCat

Reaction score
I am curious how you got Netflix working. I haven't been able to get it working in any ICS roms. Thanks

It just is. I dunno how.

A bigger problem I've noticed is that the MIC does not work. I tried to call someone and I could hear them but they couldn't hear me. This is a BIG problem. I got this phone so I COULD call people.

I'd try to get this problem fixed ASAP. It's the only one I can't bear with. And It's the worst.

mcaden

Reaction score
It just is. I dunno how.

A bigger problem I've noticed is that the MIC does not work. I tried to call someone and I could hear them but they couldn't hear me. This is a BIG problem. I got this phone so I COULD call people.

I'd try to get this problem fixed ASAP. It's the only one I can't bear with. And It's the worst.

All the call functionality I tested works fine for me. This includes dial, voice dial, calling, receiving calls, speaker phone. I saw conference call functionality but didn't test it.

EDIT: I've found that Netflix does actually play audio for that few seconds that it seems to play. Screen still black. I switched to the default launcher - no change, and I've updated Nova - no change. Is it safe to assume that the cause of the issue is the HW Video Codec that Chevycam mentions in the original post?

Last edited:

ralpizar

Reaction score
Hello,

I have the same issue.

I did a clean installation of SD 5.3 at first time and I did not not get service, so I installed this rom "http://dl.hash-of-codes.com/files/cm9-droid3-20120316-0330.zip" then configure network (operator, band, APN, etc) and finally install the Steel Droid 5.3 without wipe.

Now I have signal but the problem with com.android.phone is still.

I hope that new release of Stell Droid is comming soon.

Thanks to chevycam94 for this excellent work.

Hello,

Please bear with me, seeing this is my very first time rooting and installing a ROM on any phone. I've followed all your instructions and set up Safestrap to boot to the installed SteelDroid ICS mod, which is awesome.

I have a problem though, I can't get my service back on. When I go to the menu and I try to click on "Mobile Networks", it gives me this error...

"Unfortunately, this process com.android.phone has stopped."

Every time I try to open the Network menu. So I can't reactivate my phone because it has no network connection/service. I do have working wifi though but that won't help me with reactivation via *228.

Any tips on this? I've searched for a fix on this but the results I've found are irrelevant, due to the situation being different from mine.

Thanks and keep up the good work.

OP
chevycam94

chevycam94

Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
I will be uploading a new build for the D3 in a few minutes. This will bring the ICS version to v5.5. Still no video codecs. Sorry. Nothing I can do about that right now. I will make an update to my GB build when I get a chance. I wont be around this weekend, so its not going to happen then. lol

TDJ112

Reaction score
Sweeet!!

V5.3 is the first ROM ive really stuck with....Cant wait to see whats in store for 5.5!!

OP
chevycam94

chevycam94

Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
Im also going to try to port over the AOKPCB Blue theme from scar45 and remicks. Would look stellar on the D3.