chevycam94

SteelDroid ROM / Cortex ROM Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P, VZW Note Edge, D1
Very good question does this support GSM?
No. not officially at least. Again, I have no way to test that. XDA section had something about GSM "fixes".

Any changes as far as ffc stability or bluetooth?
As far as I know, they havent been completely fixed yet. Im still not including the BluetoothSCO.apk and a few other related libs because of that. But once its fixed, or stable enough, I will throw those parts back in.

bilbodroid

Reaction score
I have a new build about to be put up. Its v5.2, and carries a fair amount of changes from AOKP, as well as some of my own. Two versions will probably be up. One like normal, and another that has about 15MB of (currently) useless libraries (from /system/lib) removed to save space (for those that care about that stuff).

This may be a stupid question, but will we need to do a clean install of v5.2, or can we just flash it as is? The only reason I ask is because of the "fair amount of changes" you've described. Really looking forward to this build :biggrin:

trini.s2k

Reaction score
This may be a stupid question, but will we need to do a clean install of v5.2, or can we just flash it as is? The only reason I ask is because of the "fair amount of changes" you've described. Really looking forward to this build :biggrin:

in any install of any new rom , it is highly advised you do a clean install!!! sometimes its ok to flash over but you wnt always get the same results as the person with a clean install......

OP
chevycam94

chevycam94

Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model

YES! Although as trini.s2k just pointed out, you COULD flash right over your current build, BUT it would not give you all the benefits of the stuff I changed/removed.

bilbodroid

Reaction score
in any install of any new rom , it is highly advised you do a clean install!!! sometimes its ok to flash over but you wnt always get the same results as the person with a clean install......

YES! Although as trini.s2k just pointed out, you COULD flash right over your current build, BUT it would not give you all the benefits of the stuff I changed/removed.

Ah, yes, duly noted! I'm still relatively new to the whole rooting thing, my apologies. Thanks for letting me know.

iSpencerPro

Reaction score
So, just tried to flash this. I was using steel droid v5. I used cwm and wiped data and cache, installed from sd card and now its just stuck at dual core technologys screen UGH.
I did install safestrap before and installed w/e it said. I never used safestrap before so I tend to just use cwm instead.
Anyone got any ideas. I'm probably going to reinstall v5 again but I'd like to get the newest version with all the new tweaks.

trini.s2k

Reaction score
So, just tried to flash this. I was using steel droid v5. I used cwm and wiped data and cache, installed from sd card and now its just stuck at dual core technologys screen UGH.
I did install safestrap before and installed w/e it said. I never used safestrap before so I tend to just use cwm instead.
Anyone got any ideas. I'm probably going to reinstall v5 again but I'd like to get the newest version with all the new tweaks.

sounds like your running two of something, sbf , install safe strap then install rom...

OP
chevycam94

chevycam94

Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model

SBF, install SafeStrap, reboot, switch to SafeMode, wipe all, reboot, wipe all, flash v5.2, reboot, enjoy!

trini.s2k

Reaction score
chevy also can you make a updated version of 4.5 i like gingerbread due to all of ics issues isnt ironed out and your rom was one of the best i ever used :)

OP
chevycam94

chevycam94

Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
chevy also can you make a updated version of 4.5 i like gingerbread due to all of ics issues isnt ironed out and your rom was one of the best i ever used :)

I can add in updated apps, more memory tweaks, and optimize a few more things, but that's about it. Otherwise I would have to re-base the whole thing, and that's a lot of work, for a very small benefit (re-base).

Sent from my XT862 using DroidForums

trini.s2k

Reaction score
I can add in updated apps, more memory tweaks, and optimize a few more things, but that's about it. Otherwise I would have to re-base the whole thing, and that's a lot of work, for a very small benefit (re-base).

Sent from my XT862 using DroidForums

dnt rebase the rom is fine ,just add the updated apps, more memory tweaks, and optimize a few more things i really like this rom id like to have a updated verision of this while playin with ur ics , because lord knows how long ics is gonna take , because of all the little walls they keep hittin they did a good job so far , but a good gingerbread on deck is good to have on hand to :)

Evacuate

Reaction score
Quick question, my phone does not go into dock mode, this includes both my car dock and my home dock. I am not sure if this is a known issue with ICS Roms or something else is going on since this is the first I have tried docking since flashing to and ICS Rom, thanks for any input and I am looking forward to SD v5.2.

trini.s2k

Reaction score
Quick question, my phone does not go into dock mode, this includes both my car dock and my home dock. I am not sure if this is a known issue with ICS Roms or something else is going on since this is the first I have tried docking since flashing to and ICS Rom, thanks for any input and I am looking forward to SD v5.2.

5.2 is coming soon hopefully today , it might be fixed