chevycam94

SteelDroid ROM / Cortex ROM Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P, VZW Note Edge, D1
You mean like this? Its GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk. flash it to /system/app/, fix its permissions, and reboot.

View attachment 49177

Also, I'm still working on my homescreen. Trying out some of the advanced features of the Minimalistic Text widget.

bilbodroid

Reaction score
I installed Steel Droid 5.1 earlier today and it has been absolutely stunning. Much better than the other ICS ROMs I've tried. However, I'm having a small issue with the camera. Whenever I open the stock camera, I see this:
View attachment 49182

I downloaded an alternative camera app (FX Camera) to see if it was just a glitch with the stock camera app, and when I went to take a picture, the orientation was messed up:
View attachment 49181

I've also noticed that in a few apps, such as Dropbox and a widget maker called Minimalistic Text, the app will open in landscape view rather than portrait view, despite my holding the phone perpendicularly to the ground. Is there a way to fix this, specifically the camera issue, or am I stuck?

trini.s2k

Reaction score
I installed Steel Droid 5.1 earlier today and it has been absolutely stunning. Much better than the other ICS ROMs I've tried. However, I'm having a small issue with the camera. Whenever I open the stock camera, I see this:
View attachment 49182

I downloaded an alternative camera app (FX Camera) to see if it was just a glitch with the stock camera app, and when I went to take a picture, the orientation was messed up:
View attachment 49181

I've also noticed that in a few apps, such as Dropbox and a widget maker called Minimalistic Text, the app will open in landscape view rather than portrait view, despite my holding the phone perpendicularly to the ground. Is there a way to fix this, specifically the camera issue, or am I stuck?

did you do a clean install? you might wanna try a clean install and always double wipe!

bilbodroid

Reaction score
what you using to install it i will dl it right now and try it and see if i have the same problem.

I used Safestrap to install it. Downloaded the .zip, put it on my external SD card, and went into Safestrap to install it through there.

trini.s2k

Reaction score
redownload the zip file please, then go into recovery, wipe data, and davlik, then install rom , then wipe data and davlik and boot up you should be fine, i just installed it on mines and im running fine...if you run into the same problem again i would advise flashin back to sbf and starting over that is my opinion.

bilbodroid

Reaction score
redownload the zip file please, then go into recovery, wipe data, and davlik, then install rom , then wipe data and davlik and boot up you should be fine, i just installed it on mines and im running fine...if you run into the same problem again i would advise flashin back to sbf and starting over that is my opinion.

Wonderful. I'll work on that sometime this week when I'm free and post here with the results. Thanks for your advice.

trini.s2k

Reaction score
i will say this the wifi on all ics roms right now are wierd they drop and come back on at wierd times even in use

OP
chevycam94

chevycam94

SteelDroid ROM / Cortex ROM Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P, VZW Note Edge, D1
I have a new build about to be put up. Its v5.2, and carries a fair amount of changes from AOKP, as well as some of my own. Two versions will probably be up. One like normal, and another that has about 15MB of (currently) useless libraries (from /system/lib) removed to save space (for those that care about that stuff).

boazal

Reaction score
I have a new build about to be put up. Its v5.2, and carries a fair amount of changes from AOKP, as well as some of my own. Two versions will probably be up. One like normal, and another that has about 15MB of (currently) useless libraries (from /system/lib) removed to save space (for those that care about that stuff).

any GSM's relationship??

GreenSnow

Reaction score

Any changes as far as ffc stability or bluetooth?

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk