RedLINE Theme for FroYo ROMs

Asterisk

Reaction score
I tried using this theme for SS 4.1 and I get a bootloop.

joander7

Reaction score
Yesterday I attempted to install the Redline theme. My phone is rooted, with a clockwork Rom and I'm running Froyo 2.2. After following the initial instructions by installing the ZIP on the SDcard, going into recovery mode, finding the new Zip, pressing install, install was complete and then rebooting. However, the phone only reboots to the screen that reads"ANDROID" and then it sits there and blinks, but never boots to the desktop.

I tried going back into Clockrecovery attempting an advanced backup restore from the Nandroid folder, but it said no files were found despite them being on the SDcard. My wife has a Droid also, so I checked. I tried a wipe/factory reset. Nothing works..it still does the same thing. Any suggestions? I had SPrecovery, but when I tried to update my ROM in Rom Manager before all this happen the recovery installed Clockwork as my new recovery system.
Make sure you are using the second Froyo leak. If you are on the first leak you WILL BOOTLOOP.

Then download it, apply it, then you will be out of bootloops and you can decide whether you want to reapply the theme, but it will work with the second leak. I had a 2 hour discussion yesterday with someone who swore he was on the lates, installed that and everything was fine, and he had linked me the first link for where he downloaded Froyo.

So try that.

Couple points for everyone else. If you don't have it, download the froyo zip from the stock images in rom manager. Did you know if you ever start bootlooping from applying that you can just reapply the update zip? It doesn't touch data, but fixes anything in/system or /boot that mightve messed up. I keep a copy of that on my sdcard, much quicker than a restore and I keep all of my up to date information. As of yet I've never had to do a complete restore that has always fixed my problems.

That said, I KNOW that the theme will work with that version, and when you download it from there, there is no question its the right version of froyo.

Also, big note..SpRecovery puts backups in /Sdcard/Nandroid.

Clockwork puts backups in /clockwork/backup

Yu cannot use your SPRfecovery backups with clockwork, so its like they down exist. Sounds like to use them you are going to have to flas SP back the old fashioned way

Since these are updates and not complete backups did you know if you just reapply the update
Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

How do you Flash back the old fashioned way? I went into the recovery mode and formatted everything because nothing was working. I think a have a cement brick now:icon_eek:

OP
roberj13

roberj13

Reaction score
Open terminal emulator

Type:

su
chmod 644 /system/app/Twitter.apk
reboot

after the entry chmod 644 /system/app/Twitter.apk and hitting enter i get the error "unable to chmod /system/app/Twitter.apk: Read-only file system"

Oops

su
mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system
chmod 644 /system/app/Twitter.apk
sync
reboot

OP
roberj13

roberj13

Reaction score

Does not work with SS4.q will have a version out tonight.

OP
roberj13

roberj13

Reaction score
Make sure you are using the second Froyo leak. If you are on the first leak you WILL BOOTLOOP.

Then download it, apply it, then you will be out of bo

How do you Flash back the old fashioned way? I went into the recovery mode and formatted everything because nothing was working. I think a have a cement brick now:icon_eek:

You don't have a cement brick, but since you formatted you no longer have backups...so basically there's no reason to go to sprecovery yet since you have nothing there waiting.

So go here

http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/motorola-droid/2570-who-needs-more-froyo-updated-froyo-leaked-frf57.html

Download the clockwork version, it is a backup file so here are the instructions.

Download file
Unzip file
Write down the name of the file
Put the file in /sdcard/clockwork/backup
Power up your phone (take out the battery if its looping) WHILE HOLDING X. This will boot you into clockworkmod recovery

Choose Nandroid
Choose restore
Choose the backup name that you wrote down
Reboot

Should be it

Asterisk

Reaction score

Does not work with SS4.q will have a version out tonight.

Thank you so much for the fast reply. That is going to be awesome. Thank you for the hard work and if I still had a job and money I would give you some for all the hard work.

joander7

Reaction score

Then download it, apply it, then you will be out of bo
You don't have a cement brick, but since you formatted you no longer have backups...so basically there's no reason to go to sprecovery yet since you have nothing there waiting.

So go here

Who Needs More Froyo, Updated Froyo Leaked - FRF57

Download the clockwork version, it is a backup file so here are the instructions.

Download file
Unzip file
Write down the name of the file
Put the file in /sdcard/clockwork/backup
Power up your phone (take out the battery if its looping) WHILE HOLDING X. This will boot you into clockworkmod recovery

Choose Nandroid
Choose restore
Choose the backup name that you wrote down
Reboot

Should be it

I still have SPrecovery backups on my PC though. Before, I got to this point, i made a copy of my entire SDcard directory in case I got hosed. I just don't know how to get the clockrecovery to see those sprecovery backups.

OP
roberj13

roberj13

Reaction score
You don't have a cement brick, but since you formatted you no longer have backups...so basically there's no reason to go to sprecovery yet since you h

I still have SPrecovery backups on my PC though. Before, I got to this point, i made a copy of my entire SDcard directory in case I got hosed. I just don't know how to get the clockrecovery to see those sprecovery backups.

Well then you will need to flash SP. Clockwork won't restore SP recovery backups as they are different.

Do a search on how to flash SP recovery manuallyh there are many well explained posts. I would but can't explain it as well typing it all out on my phone with tapatalk, (linking the files and such) so use their explanation it will be much better.as long as its booting into recovery you don't have a brick (even if it didn't boot into recovery you would probably not have a brick)

joander7

Reaction score
You don't have a cement brick, but since you formatted you no longer have backups...so basically there's no reason to go to sprecovery yet since you h

Well then you will need to flash SP. Clockwork won't restore SP recovery backups as they are different.

Do a search on how to flash SP recovery manuallyh there are many well explained posts. I would but can't explain it as well typing it all out on my phone with tapatalk, (linking the files and such) so use their explanation it will be much better.as long as its booting into recovery you don't have a brick (even if it didn't boot into recovery you would probably not have a brick)

Dude!!! I want to thank you so much for stickin with me. Everything you said worked. Plus, I got the cool Redline theme installed too. I need to keep in touch with you in the future in case I got other issues. Thanks again!!!

OP
roberj13

roberj13

Reaction score

Do a search on how to flash SP recovery manu

Dude!!! I want to thank you so much for stickin with me. Everything you said worked. Plus, I got the cool Redline theme installed too. I need to keep in touch with you in the future in case I got other issues. Thanks again!!!

No problem, I'm just glad we got it worked out.

joander7

Reaction score

Do a search on how to flash SP recovery manu

No problem, I'm just glad we got it worked out.

Just one last question: If I wanted to continue to install different themes, what would be the process?

OP
roberj13

roberj13

Reaction score
Same thing, but you need to make sure you follow the instructions on each theme page. Each theme is a little bit different and will work on different roms, as well as theming different apps so you have to be careful.

Enjoy theming your Droid, it's such a wonderful thing to be able to do what you want with a phone.

Cuttalott

Reaction score
Custom RedLine with SteelBeast Clock!!!

This is on the new UD from source, with custom RedLine and SteelBeast clock customized to red. I took several files from RedLine and customized them to my liking, thanks roberj13 for providing sick themes!!! I just had to represent your RedLine to the fullest!!! dancedroid

attachment.php

OP
roberj13

roberj13

Reaction score
What did you keep from the theme? j/k

Looks good man, glad you were able to put it to good use!

Cuttalott

Reaction score
lol I know... I actually took several files from BlueEnergy (which is my favorite) and ported them over to RedLINE. I still have the RedLINE Power Widget though lol =)

It was just extremely time consuming trying to get the UD's Settings.apk customized to your RedLINE theme without eliminating the UD settings option. I give you guys props for doing all this stuff, must be a pain dealing with all the programming, xml's, png's, etc.

I'm done theming for a while, I'm gonna stick with this for quite some time lol

attachment.php