Purple Passion Theme

dpaine88

Reaction score
Sick theme man, I'm a dude and I LOVE purple. Thanks for the great work.

To be honest I thought the quality was crap on that wallpaper though so I found two new ones that are sick. Can provide links if anyone wants them.

EDIT: Got the PNG from page seven and it looks good to me!

Last edited:

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I hope it will install over woodymans SD 7 ROM! I'll try on my wifes new Droid and let you know. She's gonna love this.

Cortez

Reaction score
really weird issue. I installed this over BB.4 on my sister-in-laws droid and what happened was that when she dl-ed and synced with fbook it was my profile. she put in her e-mail and everything, but when she gets on the fbook app it is mine, all her txt messages are my fbook picture. I had her clear cache/data in the app to no success, then had her uninstall completely and reinstall and clear all synced data. No go. Any idea what the issue might be?

OP
roberj13

roberj13

Reaction score
I have no idea what could be causing that. It doesn't even seem possible, I wish I could help but I've never even heard of it before.

Cortez

Reaction score
I have no idea what could be causing that. It doesn't even seem possible, I wish I could help but I've never even heard of it before.

Yeah I really don't understand it. Idk if it is an issue just with her phone or what. I am just having her wipe all phone data through rom manager and re-flashing the bb.4 rom without the theme. She really loves it and wants to keep it, but its a little difficult when she is such an avid fbook user and can't actually log in to her own account. If anyone knows what is going on please let me know and I will re-flash this theme again for her, but till then we are just going back to stock bb.4

BushBandit

Reaction score
Really? So none of his themes on 4.7 then......... That sucks, guess I will have to start learning some new stuff.

metalslug53

Reaction score
I do not know what do at this point. I have never had a problem with any rooting problems, until now.

Everything went perfect. I dragged and dropped the update to my Clockwork folder, rebooted into recovery and installed this. After I ran the update.zip, and rebooted my phone, It worked perfectly...for about 30 seconds. Then everything went to hell. Every option force closed on my device. Nothing can be opened. If i try and run anything, i get a force close error. Whenever I try and apply a widget, i get a force close error. I have no idea what to do.

I am currently trying to reboot back to original 2.2 to see if this helps. I am disappointed that I can't get this to work. Any ideas?

Smokie

Reaction score
if u can still.boot into recovery try and reload a backup. just make sure you wipe data and cache like 3 times to be safe. I have this running on my wifes droid with BBv0.4 and it works flawlessly.

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
I hope it will install over woodymans SD 7 ROM! I'll try on my wifes new Droid and let you know. She's gonna love this.

I think you guys are making a mistake, trying to install this on anything other than the roms the developer has ported it to. I don't think he ported this to Woodyman's Succulent Desire 7 rom - I think that rom is only released with themes already in place.

-Mike

metalslug53

Reaction score
That's the problem. I can boot to recover mode, but for whatever reason it overrides the clockwork boot and does the standard boot, eliminating all possibility of a recovery. Wtf do I do?

Coolsaber57

Reaction score
That's the problem. I can boot to recover mode, but for whatever reason it overrides the clockwork boot and does the standard boot, eliminating all possibility of a recovery. Wtf do I do?

Wait, i don't understand, does it boot into clockworkmod recovery or no?

If you do a battery pull, then boot up the phone holding the X button, does it go into CW recovery?

metalslug53

Reaction score
well, so much for Rooted droid...

This theme did something to my phone. Completely killed it. Clockwork recovery did not work. Nothing worked. All the phone did was turn on and force closed everything. It looked cool, but couldn't even make a phone call.

I ended up resetting the whole device. I had to wipe everything. I dumped the 2.2 update back into my memory card, tried to run it, and then my phone got stuck in a continuous boot loop.

3 hours later, Verizon reps had to format the whole device and put their version of Froyo 2.2 on my phone, FRG22D. Sad to say until somebody Roots this version, I can't enjoy Rooting...

Thanks for the theme anyways. I won't be trying this again.

Coolsaber57

Reaction score
well, so much for Rooted droid...

This theme did something to my phone. Completely killed it. Clockwork recovery did not work. Nothing worked. All the phone did was turn on and force closed everything. It looked cool, but couldn't even make a phone call.

I ended up resetting the whole device. I had to wipe everything. I dumped the 2.2 update back into my memory card, tried to run it, and then my phone got stuck in a continuous boot loop.

3 hours later, Verizon reps had to format the whole device and put their version of Froyo 2.2 on my phone, FRG22D. Sad to say until somebody Roots this version, I can't enjoy Rooting...

Thanks for the theme anyways. I won't be trying this again.

You shouldn't give up that easy. Besides, you can just Flash a 2.1 sbf that's already rooted, then upgrade to whatever 2.2 ROM you want. Just pay close attention to which ROMs the theme has been ported to.

This theme, for example, will not work for many of the newest ROMs as the themer no longer works on it.