recovery is screwed up

killuhjason

Reaction score
tried using droid root helper, mounted, did required installs, flashed 99.3b then did the rename recovery boot.p and now I get a error E: cannot open some file., how can i get it to flash a copy of 99.3b and work (without adb)

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
tried using droid root helper, mounted, did required installs, flashed 99.3b then did the rename recovery boot.p and now I get a error E: cannot open some file., how can i get it to flash a copy of 99.3b and work (without adb)

Quickest way is dmupdater from droidmod.org

OP
killuhjason

killuhjason

Reaction score
well, i was initially doing this first for the nandroid backup, then doing the rom manger which uses clockworks recovery...would skipping right to clockworks fix the issue?

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
well, i was initially doing this first for the nandroid backup, then doing the rom manger which uses clockworks recovery...would skipping right to clockworks fix the issue?

They are two seperate recovery systems and not compatible. You can go with clockwork if you want but you have to use compatible ROMs. Just a heads up. You can make backups with either so if you are going to go to clockwork might as well start with it.